Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Art
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 03:26 AM        WEEKLY EVENT: Alarm
This week's event topic is: ALARM

Feel free to take any interpretation of this word as you please. This is art shit, so please try to keep it to artistic forms, though since there are no events like this for the music forum, I'm accepting music as well.

Artists of all levels are welcome in these events! Feel free to draw, paint, digitally create, photomanip (don't use copyrighted images please), or otherwise artistically create your interpretation of the topic!
Topics will typically start every Sunday night, as long as I am near a computer. There's no image hosting on the site, so please use something like Photobucket, or hopefully something with more longevity.

IF THERE IS NUDITY, ONLY POST THE LINK, AND TAG THE LINK AS NSFW.

Be creative, and let yourself have fun!

-MLE
Member (haw haw, scrotum)
terrva is probably a spambot
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 12:37 PM       
I have no life, so i'm already gonna participate:

That's work-safe, thanks for being careful! -MLE

Technical details: two hours of furious ink-sketching at work (slow day) and another two or three hours of furious scanning and redoing at home on photoshop CS2.

Last edited by MLE : Jan 7th, 2008 at 02:09 PM.
autistic licence
sloth is probably a spambot
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 01:03 PM       
i was waiting for the gasman and i remembered this thread!

Post the images if they're work safe! -MLE

Last edited by MLE : Jan 7th, 2008 at 03:37 PM.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 02:02 PM       

Ha, Space Donkey.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 02:27 PM       
I'm going to have to do some soul searching for this theme.
Sometime I wish I could go back to doing drug induced art. Now I have to rely on creativity
dead end
mew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 02:45 PM       
thanks for bending the rules just for me :o i tried to keep it short cuz i know downloading something and listening to it for whole minutes at a time is almost unheard of in todays modern intarnet

http://inverteddungeon.com/rainbowcemetery/alarma.mp3
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 02:46 PM       
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 02:49 PM       
and OMG mew, that will be my alarm clock for my phone now. You're totally allowed here even if music forum gets the hint and starts doing cool things. You should branch out and try to do some drawing as well if you feel like it.
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 03:11 PM       
I think the music forum already found out about our shenanigans, they already have a music video contest going!
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 03:12 PM       
It's for finding already created ones on youtube, not creating it yourself, as mew has done ;o
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 03:16 PM       
Oh...
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 03:38 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mew barios View Post
thanks for bending the rules just for me :o i tried to keep it short cuz i know downloading something and listening to it for whole minutes at a time is almost unheard of in todays modern intarnet

http://inverteddungeon.com/rainbowcemetery/alarma.mp3
I wouldn't mind longer. It's really up to you wether it has the effect you want to get the theme across.
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 03:39 PM       
I agree with Tadao! I like it as is, but it could have been longer as well! I hope you'll participate next week! We'll have an AWESOME theme!
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 05:55 PM       

What a jerk!
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 06:09 PM       
That's funny Nick.

I think this shit is gonna be fun.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 07:20 PM       
Picture:
Spoilers!

Self-Deprecation:
Spoilers!

Not being able to let 'the art' talk for itself:
Spoilers!
dead end
mew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 07:27 PM       
here i drew this so id have a picture for the myspace. i like slothss in particular :o

CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 09:22 PM       
Pub, I love the conceptual effort especially, sugar. You put a good deal of thought into it and it really does show to me!

Mew, I love sloths <3 I would love if that became a theme of yours, honey.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 01:33 AM       
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 01:54 AM       
I loled at that. I'm not sure I should have, but i really really loled. ;o
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 02:49 AM       
Hehe, I'm trying to think about what Alarm means to me, but it really doesn't effect my life anymore. It will come to me soon. Hopefully I'll have a fevered dream about it.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 06:41 AM       
Can I try too?

Alarm

My entry has the word Fucking in it, so I dunno if that's NSFW or what yall. Jus givin ya the heads up. I used headphones too, so I don't know how it will sound on yer speakers..

Last edited by MattJack : Jan 8th, 2008 at 03:58 PM. Reason: DOES IT WORK NOW?
LOLI brainnn eater
ZAKO the GREAT is probably a spambot
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 06:42 AM       
i wasn't been serious in this one..

I-Mockery: a serious place for serious people.seriously. - Mockery
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 01:13 PM       
hey mattjack, i can't download that ;o i have to login or use a supported browser
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 01:17 PM       
I had a free hour and put something together. Kinda freaky...