Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 6th, 2008, 10:09 PM        Marathon//Max (A Marathon TC for Max Payne 2)
Developer blog: http://marathonmax.blogspot.com

I'm making a marathon mod in Max Payne 2 (Max Payne 1 and 2 were just released on Steam the other day too, guys, go get it :o) and I'll be dumping screenshots here while I link people who might be interested in this crap to this thread!

Youtube preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD_NOCBCk3I

DAY 1: ROCKET DEATHMATCH IN HOUSE OF PAIN

I'm still having difficulties getting 3D Studio Max 5.1 SP1 and Character Studio 4.1 working (you need to use those old programs to get Max Payne modelling done), so I'm using the sniper rifle model for the SPNKR-X18 SSM Launcher for now

Last edited by Chojin : Mar 29th, 2008 at 01:56 AM.
Choking Hazard
Spetsnaz is probably a spambot
Old Jan 6th, 2008, 10:10 PM       
Is this using the Source Engine?

I only have DoD and CS, and neither of them are Source.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 6th, 2008, 10:21 PM       
Max Payne 1 and 2 use the MAX-FX engine, which I think was only used to make those two games.
zoom
eggyolk is probably a spambot
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 12:16 AM       
dude max payne 2 is the shit

keep me posted on this mod because i still play mp2 sometimes
zoom
eggyolk is probably a spambot
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 12:19 AM       
SHUT UP FAGGOTS
was never good
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 12:29 AM       
DON'T HURT MY FEELINGS
Choking Hazard
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 12:31 AM       
Chojin, what other games do mod for?
was never good
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 12:40 AM       
I don't really consider myself a 'modder', but I have modded Quake 1 before ;<

Usually I work on my own games, but I'm trying to do this all by myself, which means that I need the base programming in place.
Choking Hazard
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 12:42 AM       
Ahh. Thats probably difficult as fuck. I used to play a sorta MMO tank game called Wulfram that was built from the ground up by one man.

www.wulfram.com
was never good
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 04:54 PM       
Just put a preview up on youtube. They completely molested the quality, but you might be able to make out some shapes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD_NOCBCk3I
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 05:12 PM       
I give it two thumbs up, though I believe it's a bit niche. Which is to say it probably won't be really popular. If I ever find a copy of Max Payne 2, I'll give it a go. Good work, dude.
was never good
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 05:16 PM       
Well, the purpose of the project is really to teach me 3DS Max and to have something for my portfolio. I wasn't really planning on it's INTERNET RELEASE when I started to work on it.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 05:21 PM       
Why would you use Max Payne 2's engine to make an FPS? :/

Surely that's just making a a lot more work for yourself.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 05:24 PM       
Forgive me if I'm wrong here but the camera in the video indicates a third person shooter
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 05:26 PM       
I can't believe you're that thick.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 05:29 PM       
what

Am I missing something here, because I though all Chojin was doing was modding MP2 to have a deathmatch mode that looked like Marathon
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
I guess Chojin didn't say it was a Marathon remake, just a marathon mod.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
We are replying to the same thread, here, right?
Choking Hazard
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 05:47 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
Just put a preview up on youtube. They completely molested the quality, but you might be able to make out some shapes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD_NOCBCk3I

I thought that was pretty badass. Things look really defined for a game that old...
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 05:49 PM       
Max Payne 2 isn't that old.
Choking Hazard
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 05:54 PM       
How old is it then? I realize I could research it myself, but laziness comes into play.
was never good
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 09:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
Why would you use Max Payne 2's engine to make an FPS? :/

Surely that's just making a a lot more work for yourself.
Well first of all it isn't an FPS, it's more of a RE4-style camera - what kids are called 2nd person these days. Max Payne 2's engine runs extremely well (better than even MP1) and would be ideal for Wii production, with some modification. I'm just getting myself used to it and the other aspects of design with this mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Dead View Post
How old is [Max Payne 2] then? I realize I could research it myself, but laziness comes into play.
I believe it came out in 2002-2003. It was one of the first games to include Havok ragdoll physics.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 03:46 PM       
I can't imagine the engine has changed in that time. I like the second person camera view.
was never good
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 09:36 PM       
I'm updating this as I go over here:

http://marathonmax.blogspot.com/

CHIGGITY CHECK
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 10:13 PM       
I think this could get ridiculously popular as a Max Payne mod.