Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 12:31 AM        Google+
https://plus.google.com/up/start/?sw=1&type=st

It could just be another stupid useless internet/social networking...thing, but Google sort of has a track record for awesome stuff. You can sign up to get into the beta, which I did through that link.

Also, if anyone is able to send invites, send me one. I don't care about Google+ so much as I want to annoy the shit out of my tech-obsessed friend by getting in before him. Also, he's Asian and gay, so that should motivate some of you to help me scorn him, you bunch of bigots, you!

That was very funny. Well done.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 12:01 PM       
so you are just doing this to piss someone off?

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 12:23 PM       
Not just, no. I'm genuinely curious, and the prospect of pissing someone off is a bonus. Gmail and Google Chrome are both pretty awesome, and I suspect this will be as well.

The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 03:09 PM       
I have one. It's funny seeing everyone desperately seeking an invite considering it's a social networking thing and there is no one on there to be social with yet.
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 03:11 PM       
social networking is for loserz
The Wolf
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 04:30 PM       
You have an invite, Sacks? Hook a brotha up. I agree with you, but I still want to see what it's like (and lord it over my friend, send him into a rage, etc).

The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 04:33 PM       
Email?
Well Shit
creeposaurus is probably a spambot
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 05:04 PM       
Sounds a lot like what Facebook and every other social network has to offer. I like the Huddle thing though.

Quote:
Let specific buddies (or entire circles) know you’re hanging out and then see who drops by for a face-to-face-to-face chat. Until teleportation arrives, it’s the next best thing.
Rape worthy
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 05:50 PM       
Lemme know if you want invites. I just got mine a moment ago. I actually really like it, but since not everyone can sign up for it, only a few of my buddies actually use it. There is a really handy Chrome extention for exporting friend info from Facebook and shoving it in your Google Contacts, which you can then see in Google+ and send invites or whatever.

The Wolf
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 06:18 PM       
Ohhh. I should get that.

Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 9th, 2011, 05:54 AM       
so what, are they just handing these out to anyone?
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Jul 9th, 2011, 06:29 AM       
They've been turning invites on and off for a few days now. It really blew up today though.

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 9th, 2011, 01:27 PM       
MAYBE I WILL BE A SOCIAL BUTTERFLY
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jul 9th, 2011, 02:13 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
It could just be another stupid useless internet/social networking...thing, but Google sort of has a track record for awesome stuff.
You mean like Google Buzz?
The Wolf
Old Jul 9th, 2011, 02:43 PM       
I'm not familiar with the reference.

...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 9th, 2011, 04:01 PM       
failed google endeavor
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 9th, 2011, 04:22 PM       
google wave 4 lyfe
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Jul 9th, 2011, 05:55 PM       
WHO IS Kryxi McCharn AND WHY ARE THEY FOLLOWING ME?
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 12th, 2011, 10:59 PM       
i want to be your friend on google+. all of you. except you. yes, YOU.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 05:20 AM       
i really don't see this working

nor do i want it to. facebook has become super convenient because irl i can just be like 'hey what's your facebook' and then keep up with acquaintances periodically in ways i would never want to if i only had their phone number.
The Wolf
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 11:31 AM       
I've been reeeeally purging my friends list on Facebook lately, though. I know that with the way it's set up, you can go and block people from seeing certain things or even having to read their stupid shit, but this circles thing seems to really simplify that.

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 14th, 2011, 12:35 PM       
it would be nice if google took over every useful software application. then society could just get a pip-boy with all their shit on it.
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 14th, 2011, 01:17 PM       
I'm ok with a PipBoy
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Jul 14th, 2011, 04:22 PM       
I wouldn't mind looking at my wrist and knowing what's in my pockets, what shirt I'm wearing, or if I've got AIDS...but if I do end up having aids, it better show a sad face after the words.