Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 15th, 2010, 07:47 PM       
Quote:
She could scour the insides of her uterus with a belt sander if she feels like it. She's not obligated to anybody because she has a culture of cells inside her which may or may not be of some worth.
:TAKINGPHILOSOPHyCLASSES
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Feb 15th, 2010, 08:56 PM       
Another alternative to abortion would be to press ctrl-alt-del to bring up the task manager then highlight "baby" and click "end task".
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 15th, 2010, 09:45 PM       
Since I don't have any direct knowledge of Dixie's medical history beyond what I've read in this forum, I must refrain from directly commenting on her choosing to terminate her pregnancy. [EDIT: plus it being none of my GOD DAMNED business.] This being said, I am an advocate for adoption in cases where the individual involved makes that decision to take the pregnancy to term.

She knows the risks better than I, and has probably considered the consequences better than most anyone else on this board.

We've got to stop acting like we're running for public office. Barring a Supreme Court ruling overturning Roe v. Wade, abortion is legal in this country. Deal with it.
You may already be there.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Feb 15th, 2010 at 09:47 PM. Reason: clarification
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Feb 15th, 2010, 10:26 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Robot View Post
Another alternative to abortion would be to press ctrl-alt-del to bring up the task manager then highlight "baby" and click "end task".
That is one of the funniest things I have ever read on the internet. :goodjob
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 15th, 2010, 11:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
:TAKINGPHILOSOPHyCLASSES
Speaking of shit, (see what I did there?), I've been having awful-smelling poops. I've been eating a lot of yogurt recently, but is that enough to change how your farts smell?
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 16th, 2010, 02:56 AM       
it's probably just because your insides smell like your outsides
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 16th, 2010, 04:55 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
I've been eating a lot of yogurt recently, but is that enough to change how your farts smell?
Shit yeah!

Anytime you change your diet, especially eating yogurt which has a lot of "gut bacteria", you can change your digestive chemistry, which can change the composition (and scent) of your bodily functions. It may take awhile for your "odoriferous emanations" to quell, as your digestive system gets used to the new fuel, or they may not until you change back.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Feb 16th, 2010, 10:18 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
i'd really rather just get fixed so any ability to procreate is gone, i know i never want children and that's better for everyone. not that you guys know nor care, but i have issues carrying to full term anyhow due to cancer a few years ago and a butcher doctor and an early abortion is alot less painful than a 3-5 month miscarriage. if i could get my tubes tied, i would have several years ago but i have to wait til i'm 35 because of ethics.
Again...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IUD

Great alternative to being fixed. You could get one, it lasts about 5 years, then see if they are willing to tie your tubes. If not just get another one for another 5 years and try again.
Old Feb 16th, 2010, 10:38 AM       
Or.....

Possibly NSFW?

Spoilers!
Old Feb 17th, 2010, 02:44 PM       
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/ear...e-experts.html

Quote:
Watching the films, Aberdeen marina biologist Dr Ben Wilson explains yet another shocking phenomenon - that the dolphins use their incredible ultra sound abilties to home in on the vital organs of their victims that will cause most damage.
BANNED

Old Feb 17th, 2010, 06:11 PM       
for some reason whenever I think of dolphins as being intelligent and sensitive i think of that dolphin raping hank hill
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 17th, 2010, 08:47 PM       
went to the er again this morning.
went to a different hospital and they put me on prednisone and rifampin.
i had a severe reaction to the clindamycin where i couldn't breathe or swallow due to chest tightness, vomited constantly and had a nasty rash all over my body.
in addition to my new meds:
i'm taking tumeric powder, raw honey (i've also ordered manuka honey), 1 clove garlic with every meal, liquid acidophilus, kambucha green tea. and i got some lemongrass oil and manuka oils but i'm trying to figure out how to use those in conjunction with the antibiotics and prednisone.
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Feb 17th, 2010, 08:53 PM       
How much is this costing you?
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Feb 17th, 2010, 08:53 PM       
Not to add insult to injury or anthing...
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 17th, 2010, 09:11 PM       
wayyyyyyyy too much, though the natural remedies cost far less than the antibiotics and the hospitals.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Feb 17th, 2010, 09:21 PM       
I find it interesting infuriating that you need a cure for the cure.
hAS RUG-BURN
Old Feb 17th, 2010, 09:27 PM       
Just out of curiosity, how many times has the wound "opened" since you first noticed it?
Egg
Old Feb 17th, 2010, 09:58 PM       
it's only opened once but it's stayed an open wound after it drained. it looks much better than when it was draining, but it hasn't gotten better or worse in the past few days. it's about the size of a dime at this point, which is much smaller than it was when it decided to ooze (about the size of a quarter then). the skin around it is no longer bright red and inflamed. it's basically a shallow superficial open wound. the colloidal silver gel i had been using stung very badly but hadn't seem to do much more than that. i douse it in hydrogen peroxide before and after every shower and i scrub the wound and surrounding area with hibiclens daily. change the dressings twice a day as well.
hAS RUG-BURN
Old Feb 17th, 2010, 11:11 PM       
Don't let it heal shut until the skin starts peeling like a bad sunburn in a ring. Anywhere that was inflamed is going to peel. When this happens you have only another week to go. Bad news, this is going to happen again within a year. If you haven't done so already, throw out ALL your towels and get new ones, don't shower with the window shut and avoid anything like saunas and don't wash dishes with your bare hands. The idea here is to not let your skin get waterlogged and "pruney" for a while since that's how a colony starts.

BTW Regardless of what the doctor said about the culture he did, its not MRSA. They always say MRSA just to be safe. If it were MRSA it would not be getting better right now.

BBTW I bet he told you its not from the spider bite, hes wrong.
Egg
Old Feb 17th, 2010, 11:39 PM       
the skin around it did start peeling and itching terribly (i've been sure not to scratch it).
i'm about to move so i'm getting all new stuff anyways by way of towels and personal items. i hadn't heard about showering with the window open, but i will DEFINITELY take that advice. i'm not one to visit saunas so no problem there either. i figure there will be a recurrence eventually, but next time i'll be better prepared to act on it MUCH sooner. it isn't really pruney, though the ointments do make it look oozy from time to time. i also wash it with sterile saline that the hospital gave me and patch it up with a liberal amount of gauze. for awhile it was drying out and sticking to the gauze and would bleed when i removed it (i would douse it in more hydrogen peroxide then).

i don't know if it's really better, but at the moment it's got a white film on it (i'm guessing from the last application of the peroxide) and dark pink with slight peeling on the outside. they did the culture when i went to the er the second time and expressed a generous amount of pink pus. it started looking much better until halfway through my clindamycin course, i was slightly concerned about a resistance to it. but i went off the clindamycin today when i had to call the ambulance this morning. i was stupid and decided since i paid $77 for it i was gonna finish it, thursday was supposed to be my last day on it and i had previously been on the generic versions of bactrim and keflex which i responded violently to as well. i made it 12 days on the bactrim before a severe reaction set in.

i know it was a spider bite because i felt it, i didn't see it but i sure as hell felt it and there were two tiny weeping puncture marks at the top of the inflamed area. when i was on tour i used my bra as a pocket for money since animal print leggings don't typically have pockets. i'm pretty sure the dirty money on top of the wound (even slathered generously with neosporin) in conjunction with no sleep is what made it so bad.

and regardless of what is thought about me, when i'm in a relationship i am not promiscuous so unless my boyfriend had it on him my best guess at where it came from is the money. showering wasn't an issue either, i bathe/showered regularly, when we couldn't shower we all used antibacterial wipes, baby wipes and wash cloths with hot water in sinks.

i might be a scumbag but i'm not unhygienic if i can help it.
i was told it was mrsa and regardless if it is or not, it's still very scary.
i've put myself on a vegetarian diet with mostly leafy greens and lots of cranberries to see if it will help as well.
hAS RUG-BURN
Old Feb 18th, 2010, 12:44 AM       
Wash cloths? I'm going to guess that you let them air dry between uses which allowed the staph enough time to form a colony. When you soaked them in hot water it opened your pores and allowed the staph a nice place to grow (staph grows quick when warm.)

The wound needs to stay open until there's no more pus AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T TOUCH THE PUS. Anything that gets ejected from the wound is contaminated and if you touch it it will spread just like poison ivy.
Egg
Old Feb 18th, 2010, 01:13 AM       
well we had new washcloths every night so that wasn't so bad. the first er trip they told me to use warm compresses. i guess i won't be doing that again!
and there isn't anymore pus, it's done draining :D
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2010, 03:27 AM       
I would highly recommend buying a couple of good sized towels and cutting them up into squares in the size of roughly 8" x 8" so that way every time you clean the infected area, you can throw away the towel just to be 100 percent sure you're not risking the spread of the highly contagious staph bacteria. I don't know if you were prescribed any form of an antibiotic cream but if so, it goes without saying that should be a top priority into applying it on the infected sight as soon as you have thoroughly cleaned the area. If you're diagnosed with having MRSA it is treatable, mostly being precisely combined with a series of antibiotics. Don't focus your mind so much on it being MRSA unless specifically you're doctor stated so, don't go be getting your shit all twisted up just because some ill informed Judas Priest fan thinks it seems to be MRSA, you want that professional opinion.
Egg
Old Feb 18th, 2010, 09:05 AM       
so i woke up this morning with a severe headache, severely itchy skin (even though most of my skin coloring and texture is fairly normal again, except for my face which is healing slowly), and one of my eyes is horribly swollen. it seems i may be allergic to the rifampin as well. i've been on the phone with pharmacists and nurses all morning and my pharmacist told me there's really very few other antibiotics that i could try and they're all terribly expensive. i'm done with taking expensive antibiotics only to find out that i'm allergic to them. i am however trying to schedule an immediate appointment with the new referred wound care specialist to see if there's anything else i can do from a western medicine standpoint even though i'm very skeptical of it now.

i'm going to start dressing the wound with raw honey and gauze today after my AM shower. the manuka honey and manuka oil won't be here until next week but i do have some "ordinary" raw honey in the meantime. i was told the manuka honey is optimal but if i wanted to begin a honey based treatment, the raw honey i have should help. i'm going to make a salve with the honey and lemongrass essential oil to see how well that does.

i've really had enough of constant anaphylactic shock. i had been feeling better since my last er visit, the wound looks much better, but i don't think i can continue this new antibiotic. i kept trying to "tough it out" with the last few because i paid so much money for them (which is dumb i know), but i'm not risking it again.
Egg
Old Feb 18th, 2010, 09:08 AM       
oh yeah, and the rifampin makes my pee, sweat, and tears all dark orangey red. my first urination after taking it kind of scared me.