Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Dec 4th, 2010, 09:31 PM       
NO WAY MAN, SELENIUM POISONING IS A REAL THREAT

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=SELLENIUM+POISSON

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Dec 4th, 2010, 09:49 PM       
you speeled poison wrong
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 4th, 2010, 09:55 PM       
among other things
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Dec 4th, 2010, 10:30 PM       
Selenium is like arsenic to silicone based life. silicone like breast implants
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 5th, 2010, 09:59 AM       
There are these things that live on the bottom of the ocean and are made of silicone. They are shaped like starfish and snow flakes, and they are almost immortal. I think they can change their shape. They have some kind of vast importance to the world.

There is a chance that I just dreamed this.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 5th, 2010, 02:05 PM       
Well, there are immortal or near-immortal (can't remember) jellyfish. But cnidarians are a little different from cats and dogs, so, like this little animal found in that lake, I don't think it'll be very useful for a long time.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 5th, 2010, 02:08 PM       
No, it's not useful. It just proved that there is a possibility that life exists outside of the conditions in which WE live.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 5th, 2010, 02:19 PM       
You're such a damn killjoy.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 5th, 2010, 02:34 PM       
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 5th, 2010, 02:58 PM       
There's a reason I have that face.
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Dec 5th, 2010, 03:13 PM       
Oh. Is that the joke
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 5th, 2010, 03:15 PM       
It's because I'm a burn victim.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 10:52 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
dawwwww, someone apparently misses The Coolinator
Not me.

And, Poisson was a fish and a distribution function.

EDIT: I'm almost sure he did not discover, or have anything otherwise to do with Selenium.

Google it.
You may already be there.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 10:55 AM       
it was originally a method for distributing fish, you see
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 07:28 PM       
All right, so I'm doing a term paper on geomagnetic storms, and a few of my sources are implying that Global Warming is solely the cause of our sun's highly active solar cycles of the last 50 years or so.

And that the three modern periods of very inactive solar cycles, the Maunder Minimum, the Dalton Minimum, and Sporer Minimum, all correlated with lower than normal global temperatures.

And that the last time we had this much solar activity was around the 1200s, and archivists have reported that the global temperature spike was comparable to what we're going through now.

As someone who was never really convinced of global warming anyway (the "humans are to blame" aspect of it, at least), doesn't this seem absolutely reasonable? Any astronomer could tell you that the sun has been unprecedentedly tumultuous as of late, and that solar activity contributes to our global temperatures (neither of which, of course, is the result of human activity), so why hasn't this been seriously regarded as a perfectly good explanation yet? Is it the whole "correlation doesn't equal causation" thing?

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 07:45 PM       
I've always figured something like that. I buy the George Carlin bit about humanity being so vain as to believe it can have an effect on the planet. Everything is cyclical, but we don't live long enough to get the perspective. There was an ice age a while ago - chances are there will be again. And after it's done, it'll get warmer, no? Our Sun's getting older, too, little by little. I seem to remember it's got just a few hundred-thousand years left, and it's gonna continue to flare up larger and larger until the Earth gets consumed by the heat. The corona's a bitch.

It's easier for people to buy that they can have a handle on things if they want to, but there's a lot of money in fucking green bullshit. It's all marketing and you can't stop it with the logical, Milhouse.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 08:47 PM       
Anyone who claims that global warming is "solely caused by" anything is either delusional, horribly misinformed, or pushing an agenda with no other tool but a loud voice and disdain for anyone who disagrees with their worldview. (Sound like anyone we know?)

The climate is insanely complex, and is only now beginning to be accurately modeled by computers, chiefly because of the insane rate of increasing computing power. Mankind's activities no doubt have an effect - the magnitude of that effect is what is disputed. The sun is the prime engine of the Earth's climate, so there's also no doubt that fluctuations in the solar output will have an effect on climate. And then there is volcanic activity, which has also been extremely high of late. Finally, it's not just about the amount of emissions, it's where they end up in the atmosphere.

More to the point, Mr. Van Houten, I think you have a viable premise, as long as you make a more than gratuitous nod toward the other potential causes (to first order). Keep it focused on the facts, and try like hell to keep politics out of it.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 09:24 PM       
You're my shiny lunch box, Flagg. I put the f-u-n in sfcieunnce.

I've never professed any knowledge of something. I just hear things and read a lot.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 11:55 PM       
The Colonel said a lot of good stuff there, but this was the crown jewel in that circlet of speech:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
The sun is the prime engine of the Earth's climate
Those agenda people you mentioned, none of them, not one, seem to get this simple little statement. How people who claim they are educated scientists can conveniently forget that the sun is the primary engine behind a large percentage of our climate. Instead they say it is all mankind. Which strikes me as silly. Ice ages happened before mankind even discovered fire, the Earth was once a molten ball of fire, mankind had nothing to do with these things, so it stands to reason they have little impact now (They have more now than they did then, but compared to natural factors like the sun and cyclical climate transitions that are supposed to happen it is still less than advertised I dare say)
mmm muffins
Wiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 7th, 2010, 12:11 AM       
too bad the sun is only getting brighter as it burns off its hydrogen. >.<
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Dec 7th, 2010, 02:39 AM       
Can I go back to pouring my oil down the gutter again?
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 7th, 2010, 03:43 AM       
There's a possibility we might end up like Venus, Tadao.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 7th, 2010, 04:45 AM       
spoiler'd for bad joke
Spoilers!
after enough bourbon ...
Old Dec 7th, 2010, 10:18 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiffles View Post
too bad the sun is only getting brighter as it burns off its hydrogen. >.<
Wiffy is right. In about a billion years or so we'll have a nova on our hands, and then what will we do?