Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old May 5th, 2003, 04:05 PM        GET TO KNOW DAVID HOROWITZ!
So I got to thinking, who's got Naldo all lathered up over the ivory tower intellectual with the funny name, Noam Chomsky?

One of Naldo's sources came from Frontpage, Horowitzs personal sight. Another source was simply a cut n' paste of a cut n' paste taken from Frontpage. I figured since Naldo was intellectually curious enough to really bone up on Chomsky, who's politics even I sometimes find extreme, I'd bone up on this Horowitz fella and see
A.) What the cat is all about
and
B.) Ask Ronnie if he found Horowitz's politics 'sometimes extreme'.

Now, Nalds likes secondary sources, but me, I like the horses mouth, so I figured I'd read things actually BY horowitz instead of ABOUT him first. That's just me though. Chime in as you like, and join me on my...

JOURNEY TO HOROWITZ!

I started with his Bio, and the guys got some serious lefty liberal cred. Editor of ‘Ramparts’ magazine, foounder of the Oakland Community Learning Center…But hey, right next to the bio, Horowitz is solicitting cash donations to "TAKE BACK OUR CAMPUSES." Why? Because "The fact that 83% of commencement speakers at our schools are going to be liberals, Democrats, or leftists is stunning! There is no balance of ideas there and this list is mirrored at universities all across our nation. It’s time we ended the forty-year reign of leftist academics on our campuses and restore common sense and free speech to our campuses"

But… ‘forty year reign’… wouldn’t that have put him squarely in the royalty, ‘back in the day’? Are we looking at some major conversion here? His bio reads as if all his accomplishments are equally significant, it doesn’t mention even in passing any sort of change of mind, heart or direction.

Hmmmm. Puzzling. This bears more investigation.