Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 29th, 2012, 03:06 PM        Twisted Metal fans
Anyone who grew up playing Twisted Metal 2 or Black? The new one is absolutely incredible. Aside from some cheesy FMV cutscenes, this game is stellar.

The music, the weapons, the vehicles, the bosses, the maps. It all takes me back to being a kid and launching a skull straight ahead of Mr. Grimm and into someone's face. However now it's a flaming chainsaw.

Original soundtrack is phenomenal

Even though the last great big TM release was in 2001 (11 years ago if you cant do numbers) this game screams classic twisted metal, and I cannot put it down.

Anyone else rubbing axel grease on their throbbing nostalgia boner while playing TM?
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Sep 29th, 2012, 04:00 PM       
Are you talking about the one where you can only play the clown? Its gay.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 04:48 PM       
Actually the new game is terrible. I absolutely loved all the other games, but this one left me just majorily disappointed. I would have rather had the classic set up instead of the retarded storyline they made up.

Who cares about Sweet Tooth's wife and kid and zombies and crap? I just wanted to see different guys winning a contest and getting a cheesy ending.

Not to mention the hoops you have to jump through to unlock all the cars AND the disappointing multiplayer.
Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 04:54 PM       
ITS NOT JUST THE CLOWN

But yes I was dissapointed by the story too, that was my biggest let down.

Also, David Jaffe said that there will be no DLC what so ever. Also the only guy who is a bitch to unlock is Warthog. Twisted Mode is fucking impossible.

Aside from those gripes, the multiplayer is fucking badass and very reminiscent of Black. Same control scheme from older games is too awesome. After 11 years without a real TM in the series I think they did a damn good job.

I am a hardcore fan of the series though so I understand if little gay bitches dont like it.
Unfunny Python Reference
Ex Leper is probably a real personEx Leper is probably a real person
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 05:43 PM       
Pardon the shit synching
pickled
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 12:47 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashO View Post
ITS NOT JUST THE CLOWN

But yes I was dissapointed by the story too, that was my biggest let down.

Also, David Jaffe said that there will be no DLC what so ever. Also the only guy who is a bitch to unlock is Warthog. Twisted Mode is fucking impossible.

Aside from those gripes, the multiplayer is fucking badass and very reminiscent of Black. Same control scheme from older games is too awesome. After 11 years without a real TM in the series I think they did a damn good job.

I am a hardcore fan of the series though so I understand if little gay bitches dont like it.
The story was the part I liked about all the past games. Getting those sweet endings made the game so much more worth playing. Take that away, and there is no point to it. Also the new Mr. Grimm sucked, Dollface was never that great, and the new Sweet Tooth is horrible.

Also Warthog is my favorite character in the entire series beside Mr. Grimm, and I'll never be able to unlock that bastard because of that stupid Twisted mode.
Prepare for time warp.
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 03:18 PM       
Well I guess if you weren't that into to the actual gameplay then I can see how someone could not like this game.

That kind of goes for any game though.

I really do wish that there were individual characters to play the game as, hopefully if theres a sequel they will take this route. I really thought the main story mode was stupid and cheesy and predictable as shit.

Combat is incredible though. Currently beating the game on hard using ONLY Mr. Grimm like a bad ass. How does he suck? If you do his special right, which regenerates like every 20 seconds, you can kill almost everyone with one special and a Power missle.

There really is alot of strategy involved with the game. I thought it was going to be a huge departure from past games, but everything gameplay-wise has been brought back and improved immensely. I personally think, aside from the story, that this game is a perfect clash of Black's control and weapon system with the style and feel of TM2 all with a fresh coat of paint. I cannot stop slaying bitches online.
pickled
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 10:03 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashO View Post
Well I guess if you weren't that into to the actual gameplay then I can see how someone could not like this game.

That kind of goes for any game though.

I really do wish that there were individual characters to play the game as, hopefully if theres a sequel they will take this route. I really thought the main story mode was stupid and cheesy and predictable as shit.

Combat is incredible though. Currently beating the game on hard using ONLY Mr. Grimm like a bad ass. How does he suck? If you do his special right, which regenerates like every 20 seconds, you can kill almost everyone with one special and a Power missle.

There really is alot of strategy involved with the game. I thought it was going to be a huge departure from past games, but everything gameplay-wise has been brought back and improved immensely. I personally think, aside from the story, that this game is a perfect clash of Black's control and weapon system with the style and feel of TM2 all with a fresh coat of paint. I cannot stop slaying bitches online.
The character, not the gameplay with said character. The last Mr. Grimm in Black and Head-on were amazing compared to this Twilight Zone cliche.

The game plays fine, just like any other Twisted Metal. That being said I could just go play any other Twisted Metal and it'd probably be a more entertaining experience.