Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Oct 31st, 2008, 09:59 PM        Board games
I just found out about Yetisburg. Civil War game that takes place in Gettysburg but fought with Yetis.

http://paizo.com/titanicGames/v5748btpy81x6

Also, a new Risk game is coming out soon.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 1st, 2008, 09:43 AM       
I have never played Risk, but I grew up playing Axis and Allies. A Canadian workmate of mine forced me to come to his house to play Axis and Allies recently, and I had a great time. He also taught me how to play Magic The Gathering - not so great, but still better than I thought.

I would get into any board game I think.

I want to buy myself a replica set of the Lewis Chessmen. For christmas. An expensive set, too. My girlfriend is from Lewis.
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Nov 1st, 2008, 02:23 PM       
They need to re-release Fireball Island.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 1st, 2008, 02:56 PM       
i have clue of my own and love risk i want some of thosee weird ones

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Nov 1st, 2008, 05:02 PM       
I also want to get a copy of paranoia. I've never played it but it sounds fantastic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoi...e-playing_game)

Intended as a spoof on other RPGs, the Paranoia rulebook is unique in a number of ways. For example, in earlier versions of Paranoia, the entire chapter on rules is labeled 'optional', and player knowledge of the rules is treasonous (treason, of course, being punishable by summary execution).
What Video Games?
Angryhydralisk is probably a spambot
Old Nov 4th, 2008, 11:48 AM       
I always got stuck with board games that were kick ass but hard-to-find now, like...

Hero Quest (i've had no less than 3 copies of this over 15 years.)
Tornado Taz
Back Off, Buzzard!
Pass The Pigs (I'm sure this one's still in print but it's great!)
Monopoly Jr.
1313 Dead End Drive (The Original with the mean-mugging detective and the rules that made no sense.)
One that had a bunch of adventurers collecting a jewel from a big tiki's mouth.
Some other board game that had six knights and two worlds, one on each side of the mat. Real awkward, and barely made sense.

j/k fuck them
#1 on the ignore list
Neen is probably a spambot
Old Nov 4th, 2008, 04:37 PM       
Donkey Kong had a board game.

http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0759/

Incidentally, I think that site may have been out-competed by I-mockery. It's natural selection, people.
SKATASTIC
Old Nov 4th, 2008, 06:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angryhydralisk View Post
I always got stuck with board games that were kick ass but hard-to-find now, like...

Hero Quest (i've had no less than 3 copies of this over 15 years.)
Tornado Taz
Back Off, Buzzard!
Pass The Pigs (I'm sure this one's still in print but it's great!)
Monopoly Jr.
1313 Dead End Drive (The Original with the mean-mugging detective and the rules that made no sense.)
One that had a bunch of adventurers collecting a jewel from a big tiki's mouth.
Some other board game that had six knights and two worlds, one on each side of the mat. Real awkward, and barely made sense.

1313 Dead End drive was the bomb.

The board game with the six knights I believe is Key to the Kingdom. Where you have you go through a whirlpool to get to the other map. One of my favs, I still have a copy of it.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Nov 4th, 2008, 07:43 PM       
MORE LIKE BORED GAMES AMIRITE
Oozes machismo
Old Nov 4th, 2008, 08:41 PM       

Bring it back, god damn it!
SKATASTIC
Old Nov 4th, 2008, 09:17 PM       
Fireball Island looks more in-tense than camping. I want that!
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Nov 4th, 2008, 09:55 PM       
lol@ "in-tense"

That was very funny. Well done.
SKATASTIC
Old Nov 4th, 2008, 10:32 PM       
I don't think anyone would have gotten the pun if I had spelled intense correctly.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Nov 4th, 2008, 10:42 PM       
I don't think it would really be a pun if you had.

That was very funny. Well done.
SKATASTIC
Old Nov 4th, 2008, 10:48 PM       
More in tents than camping
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Nov 5th, 2008, 02:38 AM       
Even I get that
Oozes machismo
Old Nov 5th, 2008, 03:00 AM       
I got it and lol'd. Fireball Island is a fucking awesome board game. Also, I don't know if Mr. Game Show qualifies as a "board game", but they need to bring that shit back too.

EDIT: Somebody here has got to remember this. I still have mine but he doesn't work for shit anymore
drifting in the void
Old Nov 5th, 2008, 05:33 AM       
Let me show you one of my personal favorites as I am an eager Boardgame player or at least try to be...finding people who actually LIKE boardgames is pretty hard.

Excellent game from my favorite "Universe" and it looks the way a boardgame has to look like:

Tons or cardboard-clips, cards and stuff lying around and the whole thing takes 3-4 hours to complete...that´s my kind of game.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Nov 5th, 2008, 10:55 AM       
Fuck you for having that OxBlood. I fucking want that but that shit costs like $50 bucks everytime I find it.
SKATASTIC
Old Nov 5th, 2008, 02:15 PM       
Pac-man: I found out my friend has a copy of Fireball Island, might play it next week sometime. I don't remember the Mr. Game Show though. It looks pretty out there.

OxBlood: This game looks really nice, haven't heard of it before though. Any board game that takes 4 hrs to play though count me in. It is really hard to find enough people to play them regularly though.

Sam: It seems the cost on a lot of games is awful. I've been trying to get a copy of Atmosfear for a while but it's still $50. For now we're settling on still having of copy of Nightmare: Video Board Game.
Nexus 7 Prototype
VaporTrailx1 is probably a spambot
Old Nov 5th, 2008, 07:36 PM       
How bought these 2?
(The German version was the first pic I found)

Escape will make me god.
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Nov 5th, 2008, 10:49 PM       
I wanna play Hero Quest again
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 5th, 2008, 11:35 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Fuck you for having that OxBlood. I fucking want that but that shit costs like $50 bucks everytime I find it.
is 120 bucks on amazon.com

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Nov 6th, 2008, 01:51 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
I also want to get a copy of paranoia. I've never played it but it sounds fantastic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoi...e-playing_game)

Intended as a spoof on other RPGs, the Paranoia rulebook is unique in a number of ways. For example, in earlier versions of Paranoia, the entire chapter on rules is labeled 'optional', and player knowledge of the rules is treasonous (treason, of course, being punishable by summary execution).
i've got the paranoia xp rulebook, and even though i've never played it with anyone just reading it was pretty fun, the sense of humor is fantastic
drifting in the void
Old Nov 6th, 2008, 02:47 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvare View Post
is 120 bucks on amazon.com
What? 120$? Letīs see...that would be about 93€. I think I paid about 40€ for it, 51$. A pretty fair price for such a massive thing.

And concerning Hero Quest, guess what I bought not long ago for about 20 bucks. Hehe. Oh and I love to buy things in $, saves me quite a bit of money.

Funfact about Star Quest, the 40k Version of Hero Quest (donīt know if it has the same name in the US): All weapons have been re-written into non-lethal ones in the german version.

And the next game:

Nice too but more of the fantasy-kind. Also 50 Bucks