Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 05:51 AM       
Why do I feel like Iīve never been in this thread while reading my own stuff on page one...I really should get my memory-flesh checked.

Anyway, newest additions to my ever growing army of boardgame-cyberzombaliens:

100% cooperative game to save the world from highly contagious deseases! Whoo.

Not so cooperative game with the classic "All vs. 1 Traitor"-mechanic. If you like the show and have more than 3 hours time, give it a try, itīs pretty nice.

About the same in terms of player vs. traitor but this time with quests and the holy grail. Why not.
Esq.
stevetothepast is probably a spambot
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 07:38 AM       
I like battlestar but I don't think I could commit myself to playing 3 hours worth of a board game based on it's universe. Pandemic looks fucking cool.
drifting in the void
Old Sep 26th, 2009, 04:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevetothepast View Post
I like battlestar but I don't think I could commit myself to playing 3 hours worth of a board game based on it's universe. Pandemic looks fucking cool.
Ah, BSG is less about being in the universe but being a friggin mean Cylon foiling the noble plans of the humans

And Pandemic is indeed pretty neat. Nice thing about it is that it is so darn easy to explain and teach.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Sep 28th, 2009, 04:34 PM       

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Sep 29th, 2009, 04:17 PM       
I want to get a copy of Paranoia to play:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoi...e-playing_game)
Old Sep 29th, 2009, 04:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
I want to get a copy of Paranoia to play:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoi...-playing_game)
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Sep 29th, 2009, 05:18 PM       
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Sep 29th, 2009, 07:37 PM       
i've got the paranoia xp rulebook, you don't really NEED a copy as long as the GM's got one- in fact, knowledge of the rules is a good way to get your character killed ;( it is a pretty excellent read, though
SKATASTIC
Old Sep 29th, 2009, 08:26 PM       
That's what I've read. I'll look into just grabbing the rulebook then.
Esq.
Old Oct 14th, 2009, 05:40 PM       
this game is not so much a board game, but is really fun.

WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 15th, 2009, 07:55 AM       
Wow Rebound takes me back. Made me remember me of some other old school games I played as a youngin'.

Pathfinder. It was kind of like battleship, but with mazes instead of boats.

Dark Tower. A pretty neat electronic board game where you took your turn off of the tower and it would tell you what happened to your band of warriors each turn.

Crossbows and Catapults (parents hated this one) you used mini crossbows and catapults to fire hard plastic ammo at each others castles. The one to get an ammo piece into the center tile of their opponent's castle first won.

Dungeon. TSR made a fantasy board game back in the day, simple to follow rules but with some balance issues between character goals.

Last edited by Pentegarn : Oct 15th, 2009 at 06:03 PM.
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Oct 15th, 2009, 04:14 PM       
Nothing beats "The Star of Africa"
Esq.
Old Oct 15th, 2009, 04:43 PM       
we want pictures of it then.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 15th, 2009, 09:09 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
Dungeon. TSR made a fantasy board game back in the day, simple to follow rules but with some balance issues between character goals.

i think i posted about dungeon in an older board game thread GOOD MEMORIES
drifting in the void
Old Oct 16th, 2009, 03:57 AM       
Okay, so everybody liked Pandemic a lot, next let´s see what they say to Talisman 4th (old, I know but not a common sight in Germany)...I would play Prophecy with them but there are some in the group that can´t speak english so that one´s out.
drifting in the void
Old Nov 16th, 2009, 04:28 AM       
So I bought

And guess what? It´s awesome, who would have thought that
4 eternal powers of chaos duking it out on the back of the poor wretched mortals while spreading disease and degeneration? Slaughtering everything in their path and corrupting the very soil their diablolic minions stand on while loyal cultists scream their names before being sacrificed in the name of the twisted forces of chaos itself?

Sign me up.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 16th, 2009, 10:47 PM       
I was thinking of getting that. Have you played it yet?
drifting in the void
Old Nov 17th, 2009, 03:04 AM       
I´ve played 2 times with myself emulating the other players, just to get a grip on the rules and all that. But even alone it´s quite fun (if you can bring yourself to oppose your other 2 or 3 selfs if you know what I mean).

Anyway, it is definetely a lot of fun, everyone tries to win the way their Chaosgod should which is different for each of the 4 gods (Khorne has to kill in as many different regions as possible per round, the other three have to corrupt the land in specific ways) while trying to stop the other gods from dominating too much or pitting your enemies against each other (Tzeentch teleporting other player´s figures around the board, forcing them to fight, Slaanesh keeping Khorne from fighting or Khorne preventing Nurgle from infesting the lands for example).

If you want, I can briefly explain how the game is played, if you haven´t already read the rules.
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 17th, 2009, 05:21 AM       
Yeah, that would be cool.

Also;

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD. SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE.
OH GOD
Old Nov 17th, 2009, 06:08 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD. SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE.
x100
drifting in the void
Old Nov 17th, 2009, 08:26 AM       
Okay, lets see...this might lead to a wall of text, but I love explaining these things, so bear with me :D

The objective of the game is to either score 50 victory points or as many VP as you can by the end of the game (which is 7 rounds) OR advance the "threat-dial" of the God you´re playing as all the way to the end which takes different amounts of ticks depending on who you play. How do you get any of these? I shall explain a little later.

The beauty of the game, other than the fact that you play as a friggin God of Chaos (I like that fact a lot even though I don´t have any history with the Warhammer Universe...with Chaos...that´s another thing), is that you have to work towards your goal while trying to hamper the efforts of your fellow players, preferably WITH another player only to doublecross him in the next round all while the old world down below tries to fend you off (they won´t succeed with that mwuhehehe)

So, how exactly is the game played? It is divided into 6 phases which I will explain below. Spoilertags for more convenience.

Spoilers!

Those are the phases of the game, maybe I explained them too detailed, I don´t know but now you know how the game is played more or less.

One last thing that need to be explained: The dial itself. Not only does each and every advancement you get on the dial bring you closer to total victory, it also grants you bonusses. Some Victory points or maybe a valuable upgrade to your god? There´s one upgrade for each of your three troop-types as well as two upgrades for yourself, really really useful.

And...that´s Chaos in the old world in a nutshell more or less.
Old Nov 17th, 2009, 08:46 AM       
Well thank you for going to the trouble, that sounds cool.

As an aside, who is your chosen god?
drifting in the void
Old Nov 17th, 2009, 09:44 AM       
Mine? Hm...I guess, I´m a Tzeentch kind of guy. The Changer of Ways is versatile, tries to avoid needles confrontation and can mess with the game quite a bit. Sounds like me :D

Gamewise, they are all cool since they all play pretty differently. I´m really looking forward to trying that thing out with real people :D
drifting in the void
Old Dec 2nd, 2009, 04:59 AM       
And yes, me again, the only Boardgame Enthusiast here

Fresh from Amazon (and the only thing that prevents me from goin on a bloody rampage because I accidently destroyed my TV):

and...yeah, it´s good, 50 Pages of Rules, 200 Plastic Dudes, a lot of work in terms of storing all the crap in the box but yeah, good stuff as far as I can tell...and I need a bigger Table, oh yes.
Old Dec 2nd, 2009, 01:09 PM