Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 03:04 AM        Best wii games
I got a Wii-u for christmas, and I really haven't gotten to use it much (just a netflix vehicle mostly right now), so I have been delving into wii games as I never owned one. As I never paid attention to the wii over the past half decade, I don't know what really has come out that is good, and would appreciate any help.

Also I guess if there are any good wii-u games yet I'd like to know as I haven't really paid attention there either.
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 08:47 AM       
There's a fuckload of shovelware and really shitty multi-platform ports. Here's some actually good games that I know:

- Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
- Metal Slug: Anthology (Metal Slug 1-6 and X, arcade versions)
- New Super Mario Bros.
- Xenoblade Chronicles
- Warioware: Smooth Moves (for party purposes)
- Resident Evil 4

And that's about it. There's the Zelda, Mario Galaxy and Metroid games and bunch of other famous official Nintendo titles, but I never really cared for those.
zerothree is probably a spambot
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 11:37 PM       
Without mentioning those already mentioned, for Wii games I'd recommend:

Either of the Zelda games, or both.
Although I haven't gotten very far into it yet, I found The Last Story to be pretty enjoyable, and way easier to get a copy of than Xenoblade...
Madworld is a lot of fun if you like beat-em-ups.
Metroid Prime Trilogy is totally worth owning, even if you already played the first two games on Gamecube.
Muramasa is a lot of fun and pretty. If you have a Vita you might want to wait for the port for that though.
Both No More Heroes games. I still say they're the bast games on the Wii. The first game is a bit better than the second one.
If you haven't played it on PS2 go buy Okami, like now.
I've been playing a lot of Pandora's Tower lately. It's a fun, yet slightly flawed action RPG, that at times feels like a Metrodvania game.
If you like on-rail shooters (like Panzer Dragoon or Starfox) Sin and Punishment: Star Successor is great.
Sonic Colors is the best "3D" Sonic game. Yeah, I know that's not saying a lot, but it's genuinely a good platformer and the closest modern attempt to the classic Sonic feel, aside from the 2D Sonic stages in Sonic Generations.

As for Wii U games:
There's not much to really recommend right now. If you don't have it already for another console or PC, Darksiders 2 is good. and with the Wii U tablet controller, it's a bit better than the other versions.
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is really good, but you have to like that kind of game. I'd try d/l'ing the demo first so you have an idea of how combat works. There's so much farming to do in that game, but it does feel rewarding.
Lastly, if it didn't come with your Wii U, Nintendo Land is way more fun than it should have been for a pack-in/tech demo.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old May 8th, 2013, 12:24 AM       
no more heroes 1 & 2
mario strikers charged
mario galaxy 1 & 2
mariokart wii
super paper mario
tony hawk's downhill jam (srs, if it's cheap. it's like ssx)
goldeneye 007
resident evil 4
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old May 9th, 2013, 08:03 AM       
Completely forgot no more heros existed, that sounded like tons of fun. And I guess I do really really miss RE4, been forever.

After my xbox broke for literally the seventh time last july (after just paying to get it repaired 4 months earlier) I had been giving videogames a rest. But I feel I could be saddled for this one happily for a long time, jusat gotta pump up that collection =/
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old May 12th, 2013, 10:32 AM       
earthbound next year
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old May 18th, 2013, 12:30 PM       
Huh?

That was very funny. Well done.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old May 22nd, 2013, 01:48 AM       
I think Earthbound's only coming out on the WiiU's virtual console. I'd love for it to be on the Wii though.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old May 24th, 2013, 07:35 PM       
That might be a selling point to me though. It's just not the same playing it on an emulator .
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old May 24th, 2013, 09:25 PM       
Yeah I know what you mean. People give me shit all the time for paying for games I could just emulate but nothing beats the feel of sitting up close to the TV with a controller in my hand and cancer being beamed into my eyes. I'd say retro purchases account for most of my recent gaming honestly.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old May 25th, 2013, 02:29 AM       
Ctrl + F
"Punch-Out"
0 Results
it's fantastic. The first half is basically the NES Punch-Out you already know and love, but the second half? With all the fighters having new moves and invulnerabilities? Shit's intense. And really funny. King Hippo just...tapes a manhole cover to his stomach.

Kirby's Epic Yarn is hella fuggin zen, and Kirby's Return to Dreamland is pretty cool. Also Donkey Kong Country Returns is really good and hard as shit. There's also a great remake of the first Klonoa too.

Seconding Sin&Punishment and Silent Hill.

I'd say skip Zelda: Twilight Princess and jump right into Skyward Sword. TP's better on Gamecube because the controls were just really rushed and don't use the Motion Plus. Plus it's just a very bloated game.

Naturally, the Mario Galaxies. Skip Super Paper Mario. Just don't play it.

Rhythm Heaven Fever is probably the best of the series and is just a really fun rhythm game. It requires impeccable timing though; it's really not a party game because it requires more concentration than your Guitar Heroes and your DDRs.

Zack and Wiki is adventure game brilliance.

A Boy and His Blob is pretty fucking excellent. Amazing art/animation, and the levels get pretty fucking difficult without being too obnoxious.

Don't play Metroid Other M. In some countries, it's a form of capital punishment.

Lastly, Elebits is a fucking weird game, but pretty fun. It's Gravity Gun: the Game.

Forum Virgin

BillSPreston is probably a spambot
Old Nov 11th, 2013, 07:44 PM       
The best WiiU game is Lego City Undercover!