Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 10th, 2008, 08:12 PM       
The sterility argument was used successfully by my college philosophy profesor in giving me a "C" in a paper on morality. One of the reasons I majored in Chemistry.
Durin is probably a spambot
Old Feb 14th, 2008, 02:45 AM       
The way I see homosexuality is this.

First off, its not a biologically positive trait (curbs species propagation)

Now the, we get into the issue of whether its a choice or"not your fault", such as through genetics

If its a choice, than stop havin gay buttsex with men.

If its not a choice, but something your genes throw upon you, than we can in the future theoretically eliminate the gay gene, thus curing the world of homosexuality.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Feb 14th, 2008, 02:59 AM       
I don't know whether to take you seriously or not. Curbing species propagation? Are we really so behind in our science education that we still think that more people = better? Or is it just YOU who are retarded?
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Feb 14th, 2008, 12:44 PM       
He's still nursing a grudge after that school dance where a hispanic grinded against him because he mistook him for a mamacita.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Feb 14th, 2008, 12:56 PM       
No, he's a retard.

Now the, we get into the issue of whether its a choice or "not your fault", such as through genetics

If its a choice, than stop being so fucking retarded you ignorant piece of shit.

If its not a choice, but something your genes throw upon you, than we need to just kill you now to stop your breeding, thus curing the world of ignorance.
Ms. Sorghum Molasses '82
Sleazeappeal is probably a spambot
Old Feb 14th, 2008, 03:11 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durin413 View Post
If its not a choice, but something your genes throw upon you, than we can in the future theoretically eliminate the gay gene, thus curing the world of homosexuality.

STANDING BY...
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 14th, 2008, 03:17 PM       
I do believe KK has pulled a JOEBIALEK on us.

Feel the guilt
Fat_Hippo is probably a spambot
Old Feb 14th, 2008, 04:05 PM       
Looks like it, though you can hardly blame him. Would you reply to this rampaging horde of put-downs and insults? Granted, you might never have gotten into this position in the first place, but still, I'm feeling some pretty negative vibes towards KK here, so I don't think he'll be coming back...or he's just not here. Whatever, it's all good.
He speaks truth!
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 14th, 2008, 04:12 PM       
FH, read a real KK thread, he gets off on put-downs and insults.
Feel the guilt
Fat_Hippo is probably a spambot
Old Feb 14th, 2008, 04:19 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Lover View Post
FH, read a real KK thread, he gets off on put-downs and insults.
I see your point. Well, I checked, and he just hasn't been online since Feb. 5th. We'll all get to see the masochistic displays we've all come to love so much as soon as he gets back! YAY!
He speaks truth!
derrida is probably a spambot
Old Feb 14th, 2008, 05:26 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durin413 View Post
The way I see homosexuality is this.

First off, its not a biologically positive trait (curbs species propagation)

Now the, we get into the issue of whether its a choice or"not your fault", such as through genetics

If its a choice, than stop havin gay buttsex with men.

Self-reproduction is not the only way to increase the frequency of a gene. Your genes are interested in making more copies of themselves, not just in getting you to reproduce. (Sorry) What I am saying is that there is a credible evolutionary argument for a homosexual predisposition as a trait beneficial to the group as a whole (via population control, checks placed on detrimental male-male competition etcetera) Just because say, rampant lesbianism among macaques is detrimental to short-term reproduction doesn't mean shit in the long run of evolution. In fact, homosexual coupling is actually more common than heterosexual among most animals.

If homosexuality is in fact a genetic abberration, why hasn't it been bred out? If it was a genetic disorder it would be by an order of magnitude the most common such disorder in existence. How many people do you know with Huntington's disease?
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 18th, 2008, 05:32 PM       
I don't think the matter of if homosexuality is a choice or not is really relevant at all to if it's wrong. Unless you're a deterministic sort in which case nothing is wrong because it's all predetermined am i right? I don't know that just runs the course of eventually saying something like, "SERIAL KILLERS ARENT MORALLY RESPONSIBLE BECAUSE THEY HAVE GENES THAT MAKE THEM KILL!" ... or make them more predisposed to kill in which case we can still judge them for lack of control.

Really you can say nobody is guilty of anything if you're that deterministic *shrug* Other than that it's kind of pointless. And even assuming it is a choice you still have to show how it's a bad choice which dumbass thread author tried to do with his gay arguments about MEN AND WOMEN TOGERTHER 4 EVERER
autistic licence
sloth is probably a spambot
Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 08:36 PM       
i really look forward to the day when people can look back and wonder how anyone ever thought genes could affect a person's inclinations, but it looks like this circle's going to keep on repeating itself - now god is dead it just seems like we've found something else to decide our fate for us. after all, it's easy to laugh at phrenology but what are CT brain scans purporting to prove? its as if mankind - intelligent mankind - is fundamentally incompatible with accepting responsibility for itself.
Yizas
Yizas is probably a spambot
Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 09:16 PM       
ummm ya know the 10 commandments dont say anything about masturbation so wank away my friend
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 09:28 PM       
I don't like you very much
Yizas
Yizas is probably a spambot
Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 09:31 PM       
awww really, cause i really like you
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 09:50 PM       
THE TEN COMMANDMENTS ARE THE ONLY RULES IN THE BIBLE> IGNORE CORINTHIANS OR WHATEVER.

I don't see how it's impossible that genes could affect what we do, but I don't think they dictate a "fate." Thinking mankind is supremely responsible and in absolute control of itself is just as ridiculous as thinking god or genes are solely responsible for our actions -- Especially if you accept it without any evidence.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Feb 25th, 2008, 12:40 PM       
Quote:
1. Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

2. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

3. Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

4. Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

5. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

6. Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.

7. Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

8. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.

9. Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

10. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.
I found this posted on a different forum, and I thought I'd post it here because this thread is BORING.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 25th, 2008, 05:21 PM       
You know, I actually feel like I kind of care about this thread now.

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Feb 25th, 2008, 05:44 PM       
No, you shouldn't
Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old Feb 26th, 2008, 01:24 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrida View Post
Self-reproduction is not the only way to increase the frequency of a gene. Your genes are interested in making more copies of themselves, not just in getting you to reproduce. (Sorry) What I am saying is that there is a credible evolutionary argument for a homosexual predisposition as a trait beneficial to the group as a whole (via population control, checks placed on detrimental male-male competition etcetera)
Sorry, my biology is a bit out of date, but aren't group selection theories of such a nature usually considered to be not very accurate? I mean, I understand kinship altruism and so forth, but population control and the checking of male-male competition are exactly the kind of group benefits that are absolutely unbeneficial to whoever is carrying the gene for them.
I mean really, if evolution provided for genes that checked detrimental male-male competition and controlled population, what would we need governments for?
BANNED

Old Feb 26th, 2008, 08:19 PM       
lol ya plus wouldn't everybody except the chosen ruler-gene class be homosexuals and then the chosen ruler class would fuck all the women and everybody would be inbred and sick and they would smell like mcdonalds all the time.

yes.
BlackHexen is probably a spambot
Old Feb 29th, 2008, 09:53 AM       
If you life like me, you notice that there's not any christian God. So there isn't any kind of sin either. Being homo isn't just sexual. It's same to fuck to cunt or ass. Being homo is also emotional. I think that thinking women only as a pussyes is more wrong than being just a friend with girls and fuck men. Only thing i doesn't like about homos is that they put their penis to ass, and shit comes out from ass. That's disgusting. Fortunately there is also other kind of homosexual forms than assfuck. My final opinion is that hating homos is just another genre of hating enything different. Sorry hahrsh language, i don't know any other words than i learn from tv : <
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Feb 29th, 2008, 06:17 PM       
I'm in favor of anything that curbs human propagation.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Feb 29th, 2008, 06:45 PM       
GAY! The new green!