Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 21st, 2009, 12:16 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jun 21st, 2009, 09:42 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
a pretentious thread about a man verbally berating a 16 year old girl? How deliciously absurd!
I said it first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
A pretentious thread about a man verbally berating a woman? How deliciously absurd!
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 21st, 2009, 02:00 PM       
i threw up a little today
IT'S NOT A FUCKING TUMOR AND I'M NOT FUCKING PREGNANT
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jun 21st, 2009, 02:20 PM       
Some of you really need to learn what a comma splice is and why it's a good idea to avoid them.

That was very funny. Well done.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 21st, 2009, 03:24 PM       
Quote:
I said it first
YOU WIN!!! Your prize? this post!
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 21st, 2009, 03:31 PM       
i had the shits today because i ate at dennys last night. I hate eating out. Stupid 25 dollar shit machine. my girlfriend puked ;\
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jun 21st, 2009, 04:00 PM       
Col. Flagg, hows do you and your bretheren feel about Michael Creighton?
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 24th, 2009, 10:16 PM       
Do you mean the Jurassic Park guy, Michael Crichton? He died of cancer, is that what you mean? Or are you asking my opinion on whether or not it's possible to clone dinosaurs from fossilized DNA?

Sorry I'm late to this particular party, but I've been on vacation - very healthy, at least for me!

EDIT: Is it possible you're talking about the novel "State of Fear" where he tries to debunk global warming as "pseudo science" ? If so, then I'd have to respectfully disagree with his point of view. And I'd be more than happy to debate this point at length when I get back from the beach! Is it hot out here, or is it just me?
You may already be there.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Jun 24th, 2009 at 10:22 PM. Reason: I thought about it
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jun 24th, 2009, 10:29 PM       
, I mean all of him. Where he pretends to know about science and presents it in a way that the average reader blieves it as truth.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jun 28th, 2009, 05:56 PM       
Both Science and Health!

Two living things can die at the exact same time, even if you divide the numbers by infinity right? The is not an impossible, just an improbable. I'm just talking about earth, throw in the universe and the odds are actually pretty good.

maybe
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 28th, 2009, 08:32 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Two living things can die at the exact same time, even if you divide the numbers by infinity right?
Throw in Billy Mays, and that becomes rather spooky.
BANNED

Old Jun 30th, 2009, 06:38 AM       
Quote:
Two living things can die at the exact same time, even if you divide the numbers by infinity right? The is not an impossible, just an improbable. I'm just talking about earth, throw in the universe and the odds are actually pretty good.
Only if you presume that time exists in the first place :O and is also concrete...
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Jul 4th, 2009, 09:30 PM       
What is the quotient of death and infinity btw. Assuming that time is a constant of course.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Jul 4th, 2009, 09:45 PM       
Death/Infinity = Truth
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 5th, 2009, 02:31 PM       
He (Crichton) has an afterward in some of his books where he states that his point was not to change the reader's point of view, but for them to question it. Like, if your convictions were swayed somehow by what was in this book, then you should probably do more research before believing something wholeheartedly. That you shouldn't just automatically believe the guy with the loudest bullhorn.

That said, State of Fear ain't my favorite. I like his more-social commentaries, like Disclosure, (my favorite book), and Airframe.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 03:53 AM       
Sorry for bumping this old chestnut, but I thought this was pretty good.

(I would. )

EDIT: 10K beat me to this nearly a year ago. Sorry for the repost and the bump

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Jul 21st, 2009 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Old news :(
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 02:37 PM       
Scientific and healthy for the mind.

http://www.moillusions.com/
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 02:43 PM       

The explanation of the image should go something like this: “Vestibular Correction keeps the image on your visual cortex steady even though your eyes are moving around wildly. But the vestibular correction system has its limits. What you see below is an animated GIF image which flips every five seconds. First look at the upside down image. Both faces look normal, but when they flip you will see how weird one of the faces really is. We have no trouble recognizing the person, but since we recognize facial features with a whole other part of the brain, the vestibular thing got garbled in part”.
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 03:40 PM       
Well, I've learned something today.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 03:43 PM       
after enough bourbon ...
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 08:43 PM       
THAT!

WAS!

AWESOME!

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jul 25th, 2009, 05:00 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
Sorry for bumping this old chestnut, but I thought this was pretty good.

(I would. )

EDIT: 10K beat me to this nearly a year ago. Sorry for the repost and the bump
Edit: I forgot about that.

and that moonwalking bear is awesome.

Also has anyone tried spinal decompression therapy? I was considering it.

Last edited by 10,000 Volt Ghost : Jul 27th, 2009 at 12:43 AM.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 3rd, 2009, 11:26 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
Also has anyone tried spinal decompression therapy? I was considering it.
No, but right now it would do me pretty damned well, I'm thinkin' ...

I ran into this on the "Nerd Network" ....

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2009AIPC.1103..317S

It's a fascinating idea, if it's not just a bunch of hooey. All I've seen are a few abstracts on the subject, though Dr. Solomon has written a book (don't they all?) that claims to provide details on the theory.

Embarrassingly, all I can think of when reading the technical parts is "Paging Dr. Weir - Dr. Weir to the Gravity Drive"

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Aug 3rd, 2009 at 11:41 PM. Reason: speling
beautiful freak
Aimless is probably a spambot
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 12:19 AM       
I do jack all because I have a tear in my spine that's pushing on the nerve... ahhh sciatica, makes me walk like an old lady and scream like i have turrets.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 04:37 AM       
Wimp