Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Sep 13th, 2014, 08:17 PM        Show Off Your Halloween Purchases 2014 Edition!
I've grabbed a few new Halloween goodies this season.

Pixel Iron Monsters

I found these at Michaels for a buck each. You arrange some beads and apply an iron to the back and you've got some nice Halloween Pixel Monsters of your very own!

Halloween Bucket

I found this vintage style bucket at a local thrift store. You get a full on Halloween party complete with a dancing skeleton and some witches on one side...

And some yellow-eyed bats on the other.

Monster Cereals Retro Treats

Target is even putting some of their stuff out earlier this year. These Monster Cereals Fruit Roll-Ups and Treats have all been out in previous years, but this year the boxes all have the retro look.

Candy Corn Nougats and Gummies

The battle for the "Official 2014 Halloween flavor" is in full contention so far. And Brach's is in full swing with everything from "Caramel Macchiato" flavored Candy Corn to fruit flavored jelly beans that simply come in Candy Corn colors. So here are two more offerings in the form of Nougats and Gummies!

I've put a real piece of Candy Corn in the middle for reference. The Nougats taste just like the real thing and are delicious. The Gummies are very chewy and taste like muted maple syrup.

Caramel Apple Laffy Taffy and Blow Pops

And another contender for Halloween flavor dominance is Caramel Apple. The Laffy Taffy is brown. Just brown. The flavor is a very strong sour apple and a little caramel at the end. Very tasty!
The two Blow Pop flavors are actually separated. The caramel is pretty good, and the apple is sweet in this case. Not bad!

Skeleton Paper Lanterns

Just some awesome skeleton paper lanterns.

Giant Haunted House Poster

This Haunted House poster is actually two posters that combine to make a full 4' large poster.

It's very detailed and makes for some excellent wall art!
Overlord of Nostalgia
Vaporman87 is probably a spambot
Old Sep 13th, 2014, 08:22 PM       
I like the Monster Cereal treat boxes and the big poster. Nice finds.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Sep 16th, 2014, 04:07 AM       
Nice haul so far, Dextire! That haunted house looks pretty awesome actually... a lot of little details. Would love to see even closer shots of it. Was that in a local shop?

And yeah, I was glad to see the Boo Berry Fruit Roll-Ups again. Nice surprise that they're using the vintage designs for the packages too. Picked up a few boxes already.

I haven't seen the candy corn nougats or gummies in stores though; where did you find 'em?
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Sep 17th, 2014, 12:36 AM       
Thanks guys! The poster is from Amazon and was a lot cheaper a few weeks ago. Fair warning, mine arrived in kinda rough shape. And here you go, zoom in as much as you like!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/726046...7647277939027/

Both the nougats and gummies came from CVS.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Sep 17th, 2014, 02:44 AM       
Ahhh, it's made by Beistle! No wonder it's so nice looking. They've been producing Halloween decorations for ages. Lotta classics have come outta that company.

Thanks for the heads up on the candies too. I've only been to Rite-Aid (or "Fright-Aid" as they're calling themselves) this season. Still need to hit up CVS and Walgreens to see their newest treats when I have a chance.