Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Art
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Jan 5th, 2008, 03:41 AM       
I love my wacom even if I hadn't used it in over a year! But yeah, I do remember something occassionally bothering me with it that I had to move it slightly when it touched down sometimes to make a dot. When the pressure setting are on the paintbrush however I never had this problem, even though sometimes this would result in a faint dot.

And fathom, how about touching the pen to the pad? That counts as a left click.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 5th, 2008, 02:34 PM       
MLE : How would you feel if we ran our own art contests? Nothing to poll or vote on. No prizes.

Just a thing where someone posts something and we see how others might inerpet it or mess about with it. Not like a photochop contest (although those are fun). But like, if I posted an Xray of my skull, people could play around with my nogin.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 6th, 2008, 01:56 PM       
As for individual contests, I'd like it if people could just PM the idea to me, and as soon as I say it's a go (like Tadao, yours is a go), You can make the thread, and when I sticky it until it's over, I'll add the word CONTEST in there as well. The fact that it's stickied means it's MLE approved ;D

I think contests are a wonderful idea! I've been playing around with some ideas for specific art contests and possible prizes. If anyone has some ideas, let me know!
Member (haw haw, scrotum)
terrva is probably a spambot
Old Jan 6th, 2008, 02:10 PM       
As far as contests go, i'm down for anything. I don't have any ideas for one, though.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 6th, 2008, 02:25 PM       
There will be an idea thread for them as well that will be stickied.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 6th, 2008, 03:58 PM       
The one I pmed you was a contest type thing. The one above was more like a photoshop thing (but not). I guess I'll come up with an example sometime and show you what I mean when you have an contest Idea sticky. but It's not a contest really, unless you wanted it to be. [/ramble]
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Jan 6th, 2008, 09:56 PM       
I guess it would be contests and events, then. The idea you submitted would likely be an event, since it's unlikely that that would have prizes associated. I'd like to keep them with reasonable definitions.
LOLI brainnn eater
ZAKO the GREAT is probably a spambot
Old Jan 6th, 2008, 10:43 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
MLE : How would you feel if we ran our own art contests? Nothing to poll or vote on. No prizes.

Just a thing where someone posts something and we see how others might inerpet it or mess about with it. Not like a photochop contest (although those are fun). But like, if I posted an Xray of my skull, people could play around with my nogin.
cool! you are the GODDAMN hero!
i'm in for whatever you guys think of.

I-Mockery: a serious place for serious people.seriously. - Mockery
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 6th, 2008, 10:56 PM       
remember when we use to do that in the photoshops/captions forum ;_;
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Jan 6th, 2008, 10:59 PM       
yeah, and i really liked SOME of it. it would at least make this forum more interesting. I want to make it clear that I don't want this to be a hilarious photoshop forum. It's still art. I have events that i'll run that you can be funny with terrible mspaint if you want
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 6th, 2008, 11:02 PM       
i never use terrible mspaint, unless i'm at work and can't use a real gfx program (and even then i generally try and fake it )
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Jan 6th, 2008, 11:13 PM       
give me ideas! my event idea sticky is up.
LOLI brainnn eater
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 12:19 AM       
i'm kinda sucked t making funny stuffs. guess i might be able to do it better if it's something more to the art.

CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 12:26 AM       
With the art events, it can be funny, artistic, or both! really anything to be creative as long as it has some interpretation of the word. There's similar workings on other art forums, so it was a good suggestion from tadao!
LOLI brainnn eater
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 12:28 AM       
he's really the BRAIN here

CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 12:48 AM       
I hope you will participate in the events :< and give me some ideas, too!
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 02:18 AM       
The best art event we ever had was the "Celebrate the Loaf" Contest.
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 02:29 AM       
I AGREE. you need to help me think of other art contests. I WILL MEET YOU ON AIM.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 02:04 PM       
Seeing this forum with activity is fucking weird
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 05:40 PM       
I'd like to thank Sam and this thread in general for making me remember the Catbread contest
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 06:10 PM       
I think I'll run some periodic contests for something, like, maybe an original sketch of mine or a stuffed animal or something that some people might get competitive over. I like the premise of the loaf contest, and I think i'll model the first one after it. I'd like to let the icon designing contest finish first, though.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 06:37 PM       
[perv] Will the stuffy smell like you and be wearing your undies? [/perv]
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 06:55 PM       
most likely not
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 9th, 2008, 12:38 PM       
this is my new favorite forum now

art shit
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 9th, 2008, 01:32 PM       
oh, and hey, check out my exquisite corpse project! plz