Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 01:35 PM        class rings
so, my dad wants me to get a class ring for my bachelor's in business. i think it's a little ostentatious and want to wait for my master's before i bother with a ring. he thinks it's worth it to have it for the 2-3 years in-between and that a ring from UB would carry weight when doing business in maryland. WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK.

also, i wanted you guys to help me choose a ring if i do get one.

============
here's what my dad and i compromised on:

base ring format:

the gold color would be ~$1000. stainless steel would be ~600, silver would be ~800, white gold would be ~1000. i think gold would look best against my skintone, but is too expensive for a bachelor's ring and would probably go with steel.

the big stone would be replaced with:

the black around around the diamond is a stone itself, i'm thinking either black to be consistent or garnet for my birthstone:

the garnet would appear much darker irl though.

============

here's the ring i was looking at on my own:

base ring format

colors and prices are as above. this ring pretty much costs the same as the other one, but it would be smaller and more understated than a superbowl ring.

============

what do you fags think about:
1. should i get a ring at all?
2. which one of those two would look best?
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 02:00 PM       
class rings are for chumps and douchebags and asshats
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 02:00 PM       
1. I wouldn't get a ring. I felt stupid enough wearing a wedding ring when I was engaged. She made me wear it early because of how often I get hit on. You should get one that you can wear in your pinky, that's always classy. And class rings are all about class.

2. Second one is less homozexual. Maybe you are all homozexuals.
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 02:01 PM       
but i guess if you're in business you're just dealing with dipshits who put stock in things like class rings so whatever

burn everything, i say
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 02:11 PM       
I would keep my money. How much muscle milk could you buy for that?
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 02:23 PM       
CHOJIN STARS IN BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S 2
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 02:36 PM       
I got class rings, because I felt like I was supposed to for some reason, and never wore them ever. Not even the medschool one, which has I think a caduceus on one side and then I insisted on an artist palette on the other. And the top has a gold caduceus in the garnet. It's atrocious but at the time I thought it was the least of the evils.

The one thing out of the whole purchase that I didn't regret was that I left it plain gold instead of the burnished look. I think it looks better in plain gold.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 02:55 PM       
Class rings are pointless. Everyone wanted one in high school and, of course, nobody in their right mind wears a high school class ring after high school is over. I feel it's the same with college, only I don't know a single person who bought one of those.

But hey, if you want to make your alma mater part of your identity and be a grown-ass man who wears a gaudy class ring, that's your business!

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 03:27 PM       
I would get one but I'm already too geechi.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 03:31 PM       
My aunt lost her high school class ring like 25 years ago, and someone found it under the seat of a used car they bought and returned it to her. It was on their local news.

That's about exhausted my personal experience with class rings.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 03:39 PM       

CHOJIN WENT TO HAMBURGER COLLEGE
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 03:40 PM       
holy shit

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 03:42 PM       
I swear on really good posts like that one, I always go up to click the pickle button. Fucking broken pickle dispenser.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 03:43 PM       
ENJOY IT WHILE YOU CAN CAUSE YOU KNOW IM GONNA GET BANNED
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 04:07 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post

CHOJIN WENT TO HAMBURGER COLLEGE
Quote:
To paraphrase the words of René Magritte, "Ceci n'est pas un hamburger avec fromage."
You may already be there.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 04:09 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0k0 View Post
I swear on really good posts like that one, I always go up to click the pickle button.
You should change your name to Pavlov.
You may already be there.
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 04:11 PM       
he needed some sort of special pickle for that.

I respect kahl's tenacity.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 04:25 PM       
Quote:
I don't see cheese on that ring though, so that is a hamburger, the rule was no cheeseburger pics

:technicality

In answer to your 2 questions. 1) don't get a ring, nobody wears them 2) If you must get a ring then get a pinky ring like a mobster, or rock that hamburger ring and be my hero forever
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 08:15 PM       
I think dressing and speaking like an educated man with credentials would look better than a $1000 boner on your hand.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 08:31 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianStereotype View Post
I think dressing and speaking like an educated man with credentials would look better than a $1000 boner on your hand.
This is the first time i've ever heard of you spurning a $1000 boner
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 09:08 PM       

Last edited by ItalianStereotype : Oct 7th, 2011 at 10:26 PM. Reason: You need to know this, it's important
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 09:35 PM       
...does anyone actually see that ugly thing and think "THIS GUY IS THE MAN FOR THE JOB! JUST LOOK AT THAT GIANT, GAUDY RING! IT REMINDS ME OF MY SWEET GRANDMAMA,"?

'Cause it's pretty ugly, and I kinda doubt that any but the douchiest of people would think that wearing it isn't somehow detrimental to your success.

That was very funny. Well done.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 10:14 PM       
More like "no class rings" a-hew-hoo~.
BANNED

Old Oct 7th, 2011, 10:16 PM       
ALL OF US ARE BANNED FOR NOT TAKING CHOJINS THREAD SERIOUSLY
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 10:19 PM       
I would add to the conversation except everyone's already gone over what I agree with

Besides, people will assume it's frigging high school ring unless you hold it right under their face and say LOOKIT MY RING