Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 14th, 2010, 11:11 AM       
i don't know too much about religion, but i do know that denouncing evolution makes you a fucking idiot

carl sagan for life yo
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Feb 17th, 2010, 11:10 PM       
1. Carl Sagan is dead

2. Does this mean OAO's legendary wang is now "coeternal", Seth?
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 17th, 2010, 11:42 PM       
I ate a burger today.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Feb 17th, 2010, 11:49 PM       
ME TOO

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Feb 18th, 2010, 12:30 AM       
Me three
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 18th, 2010, 10:02 AM       
i'd be more impressed with yalls burgereating if it was tomorrow, yo :threadrelevant
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Feb 18th, 2010, 12:00 PM       
You're not supposed to burger on ash wednesday either

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 18th, 2010, 12:13 PM       
oh haha wnhoops shows what i know
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2010, 05:05 PM       
I saw a chick at Chipotle yesterday with some gray shit on her forehead, and I said "hey, you've got dirt on your face." She got a little pissed.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Feb 18th, 2010, 05:22 PM       
Old Feb 18th, 2010, 05:28 PM       
If you're like me and find female irreligion sexy as hell, there's nothing quite as disheartening as seeing the girls you find attractive with that stupid forehead cross

Or female satanism, I guess, in your case

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Feb 18th, 2010, 05:56 PM       
I've been meaning to make a "Catholic or Bust" sign for this thread but never remember to make it when I get home.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Feb 18th, 2010, 05:58 PM       
my girl is catholic
Old Feb 18th, 2010, 06:31 PM       
Get dragged to church often?

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Feb 18th, 2010, 06:43 PM       
Nah, she's not super catholic, she's almost not catholic.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Feb 18th, 2010, 08:02 PM       
I ate a hamburger today too
Old Feb 18th, 2010, 08:47 PM       
It's a sin to not eat a daily hamburger

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 18th, 2010, 08:58 PM       
if it wasn't for jack in the box advertising cheap fish filets sandwiches i wouldn't even know its almost lint or whatever
OH GOD
Old Feb 19th, 2010, 12:52 AM       
all i care about is the free pancakes next tuesday :kevinsmith
Banned

TheCoolinator is probably a spambot
Old Mar 8th, 2010, 09:30 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The One and Only... View Post
This is religion too, right?

I'm going Catholic. Make baby Sethomas proud.

I'm still wanking and having premarital sex though. Fuck all that.
I'm assuming that Sethomas is a family member of sorts. All I have to say is Congrats!

You don't have to take it too seriously. Just think of it like this, at least you get a discount when you send your kids to religious class and are able to be married in there nice churches. Catholics have the best chapels.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 8th, 2010, 11:15 AM       
Why would you congratulate someone who is straying from the paved path of science and wisdom, and wandering foolhardily down the filthy track of ignorance and myth?

Not that OAO ever had any wisdom.
Banned

Old Mar 8th, 2010, 11:32 AM       
To be honest I would usually just say an indifferent "OK" to a person who has just told me that he / she converted to a different religion but since I'm was in a good mood I believe a "congrats" was in order. And to think of it, Its very difficult to actually go and take religious classes these days. Everyones lives are full of distractions and are very hectic. My brother-in-law had to do it as well before him and my sister got married. It was difficult for him going to seminars, taking tests, reading books, then the ending ceremonies.

Regarding the whole Science and wisdom and ignorance and myth thing.

I think of religion is similar to philosophy on many levels. You read it. Decipher the meanings of the text individually and go out into your life trying to use them to the best of your abilities.

Example: If I read Plato's Republic I get an idea of how Socrates in book 1 defined Justice. Virtue and Wisdom. While when I read the new testament I see how (God, Jesus whoever) define goodness. Charity, mercy, benevolence. All it is, is more information that can be used to better ones self and better the community as a whole in real life. If used properly.

Science is great and all but in the past few years I've lost a lot of faith in it. I read too many articles of Pharmaceutical companies killing people with their medicine and other nefarious dealings in the realm of big business controlling the funding for "scientific" studies.

Last edited by TheCoolinator : Mar 8th, 2010 at 01:37 PM.
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Mar 8th, 2010, 12:09 PM       
That's not really science, that's pharmaceutical companies and big business.
Banned

Old Mar 8th, 2010, 01:31 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
That's not really science, that's pharmaceutical companies and big business.
We know that but does everyone else?

It takes a ton of people dropping dead for there to be a recall of some of these medications and now take a look at the whole "Global Warming / Climate change" thing. They just found out that some scientists were fudging the numbers. It took a hacker to break into their e-mail accounts and get copies of the letters where the head of the "science" team was telling the rest of the underlings to make the climate measurements higher then they really were.

Like I said above, in the past few years I don't trust anything that's being said by so called "experts" or "scientists". Most of them are just paid prostitutes for whoever is funding them. Only on seldom occasion we see a whistleblower or an act of God (no pun intended) to bring the truth to the surface.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 8th, 2010, 02:31 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoolinator View Post
It takes a ton of people dropping dead for there to be a recall of some of these medications and now take a look at the whole "Global Warming / Climate change" thing. They just found out that some scientists were fudging the numbers. It took a hacker to break into their e-mail accounts and get copies of the letters where the head of the "science" team was telling the rest of the underlings to make the climate measurements higher then they really were.
You may already be there.