Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 31st, 2007, 11:30 PM        Mashups and Remixes
I already shared this with Rog, but he never told me if he liked it or not. 'Saright, though. Man's got other things to do.

I think I may have discovered an unknown on the internet.

http://audiodile.com/

I like his Don Henley vs. David Bowie vs. Sly Fox mashup the best, but the Everyday is Halloween mix comes in at a very close second, followed by the Nine Inch Nails and ABC mixes.

http://audiodile.com/mp3s/Mashup/AudioDile - The Way To Dirty Fame (David Bowie Vs. Don Henley Vs. Sly Fox).mp3

http://audiodile.com/mp3s/Mashup/AudioDile - Closure To The Edit (AudioDile's Intelliversion) (NIN Vs. Art of Noise).mp3

http://audiodile.com/mp3s/Remix/ABC - How To Be A Millionaire (AudioDile's Bankrupt Mix).mp3

http://audiodile.com/mp3s/Remix/Ministry - Everyday Is Halloween (AudioDile's Candy Razorblade Mix).mp3

Copy and paste the whole line because the URL function is retarded and can't interpret spaces.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Nov 1st, 2007, 01:19 AM       
I don't know if this is just a general thread but lately I've been craving to get my hands on Danger Mouse's Grey album.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Nov 1st, 2007, 04:29 PM       
It's general. Those are just the ones I'm fawning over.
Creepy Old Fart
JediScum is probably a spambot
Old Nov 1st, 2007, 05:32 PM       
I downloaded and listened to Audiodile's "Everyday Is Halloween" last night. I haven't heard that song in well over 10 years! Is it me or did Audiodile speed the tempo up? It seems faster than I remember. I'll check out some more stuff soon.

Also, does anyone know how to possibly upload an mp3? I think I have an mp3 of a mashup I did years ago mixing a song off the King Buzzo solo EP with a track from the Residents' "Not Available" album. Though I really like the way it turned out mix-wise, it's really choppy as I did it all analog, playing a record and a CD at the same time while using "pause button editing". I have others but none as mp3's, I think.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Nov 1st, 2007, 05:42 PM       
Megaupload appears to be the best avenue.
Forum Virgin
HungryWantBiddy is probably a spambot
Old Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:52 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScruU2wice View Post
I don't know if this is just a general thread but lately I've been craving to get my hands on Danger Mouse's Grey album.
a WONDERFUL album. I suggest you do get your hands on it ASAP.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Nov 2nd, 2007, 10:07 PM       
I very very very very very much agree. I love Jay Z as it is, but the mashups make it all the better.
autistic licence
sloth is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2007, 05:27 PM       
this thread makes me laugh because posts like "a WONDERFUL album. I suggest you do get your hands on it", "those are just the ones I'm fawning over" and "lately I've been craving to get my hands on Danger Mouse's Grey album" make me think of a table of gentlemen in top hats, monocles, moustaches and perfect manners.

"I do enjoy a spot of shitmat!"
Mocker
Old Nov 12th, 2007, 09:26 PM       
Grey Album was ok, I liked it up to dust of your shoulders and it just took a nose dive from that song.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Nov 12th, 2007, 09:34 PM       
I liked the whole thing. But it's just the bootleg that got the most face time.
Mocker
Old Nov 12th, 2007, 11:13 PM       
I could not stand the claps and how choppy the beat was for Dust of your shoulder, I think it also had a handicap because I don't like that song as it was on the black album.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Nov 12th, 2007, 11:33 PM       
I dunno about that. I do know that there are other mashups besides the Grey Album that meld two genres. Take "A Fifth of Beethoven vs. Golddigger" for example. IT MAKES ME MOVE.
Creepy Old Fart
Old Nov 13th, 2007, 07:34 PM       
So, I haven't listened to EVERYTHING Audiodile has to offer, but I did acquire a metric shitload.

It's decent. I really enjoyed his remix of Kraftwerk and "Halcyon It", The mashup of Yes' "Leave It".

All the stuff I've heard so far is really dancy, which isn't bad, but not what I was expecting I guess.

The analog mashups I've done had nothing to do with dancability. I'd still like to post, or least make available to those interested, the ones i've done.

With Megaupload, all I have to do is upload it, then provide a link, yes?
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Nov 13th, 2007, 09:16 PM       
Yes, please. When you use megaupload, it gives you a link to the file. GIVE US THAT LINK.

By the way, I've got a killer mashup idea. I just have to see if the songs mesh properly.
Creepy Old Fart
Old Nov 13th, 2007, 11:44 PM       
Ok, so I got the Megaupload account now. Have yet to try it out. Will be making tests soon.

Digging through the digital stacks, I found the Melvins/Residents mash. Then also found another I did that I forgot making an Mp3 of.

It's nothing special. But it combines Plaid Retina, the soundtrack to "A Clockwork Orange", Neurosis, and Pink Floyd's "Ummagumma". OK, just bits from particular songs of each... it's not epic or anything, sheesh!

Now what is epic that I also found, is not really a mashup. I worked on it, on and off, for 4 years. I prefer the term "Sonic Collage". Basically, a lot of snippets from A LOT of sources, that goes on for an entire hour. The first half of side A (I was still using cassettes then) was made bit by bit over about 3 years. The rest (second half of side A and all of side B) was done manically in about a month (still using cassettes). I still like it, and there's a lot of weird jokes in it that I never intended.

The "beta" version was called The Nazi Hell Creatures From Within The Hollow Earth - "The Destruction Of All Things As We Know Them (Destination Attained: Destroying The Destroyer Mix). But, it also hypes The Church of The SubGenius, as I got my ordainment about that time (spring 1997).

When links are available, they will be posted.

Anyway, i'll see what i can do
Creepy Old Fart
Old Nov 16th, 2007, 10:01 AM       
Here is the link to my Melvins/Residents mashup

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VM5M5A0D

Hope y'all like it.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Nov 27th, 2007, 10:43 PM       
That's boss, dawg.

Found another dude by the name of DJ Lobster Dust.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jan 21st, 2008, 12:35 PM       
http://djlobsterdust.com/mix/lobsterdust--Jennys_Superstitious_(Stevie_Wonder_vs_The_Killers ).mp3
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 21st, 2008, 05:45 PM       
REJOICE!

LUDACHRIST

I think yall will like clip 3 the best, either way, I like dis dood a lot!

PS
You can download his whole mix on the myspace too.
autistic licence
sloth is probably a spambot
Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 04:58 PM       
i like it all! this guy doest fuck about!

i'm in the middle of trying to wangle a place at the bangface weekender in April. from the looks of that line-up it should be immense.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old May 1st, 2008, 11:43 PM       
http://www.djgaston.net/

This guy is a wizard, no?
frappez le cochon rouge
Old May 3rd, 2008, 07:49 PM       
Mattjack, slap the a capella from Junkie XL's Action Radius onto your Misfit Twist and tell me how it sounds.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old May 5th, 2008, 06:55 PM       
I'll get after it when I get home.

Go check out Girl Talk on myspace. You might dig him.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old May 5th, 2008, 06:57 PM       
Coincidentally, I've been listening to him for a bit and I think I'll order Night Ripper soon enough.

EDIT: He's at Lollapalooza this August. Now I have to go.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old May 5th, 2008, 09:04 PM       
I need another sequencer because Audacity is just not working out for me.