Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 24th, 2011, 12:52 PM        Wierd Looney Tunes episode, Did this creep anyone else the-fuck-out as a kid?
Invasion of the Bunny Snatchers

I remember seeing this and just thinking how different it was from the older cartoons. I think now it's not nearly as creepy, but mainly the part with Daffy Duck used to give me chills.

Am I just a stupid pussy or does anyone else remember?
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jun 24th, 2011, 06:53 PM       
I always thought the depictions of hell in cartoons like Tom & Jerry were pretty terrifying looking.

here's the full original cartoon:
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 25th, 2011, 12:12 AM       
yeah. I remember watching black and white up all night and they showed puss.
Unfunny Python Reference
Ex Leper is probably a real personEx Leper is probably a real person
Old Jun 25th, 2011, 12:18 AM       
I don't know what this is but I find it to be terrifying right now.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jun 25th, 2011, 12:37 AM       
Grinch Night was the only kids show that ever creeped me out, along with that other fucked up Dr. Seuss movie with the mad Hand Doctor
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jun 25th, 2011, 01:05 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex Leper View Post
I don't know what this is but I find it to be terrifying right now.

although i guess that's from the dubbed version? idk

edit: oh wait no it's from this one

THERE THE DUBS

WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 25th, 2011, 11:19 PM       
Regarding the Bugs Bunny toon it is clearly from the post 50s and 60s era. Probably one of their many ill conceived attempts to bring back a classic cartoon with a modern twist.

Honestly I always thought the comeback attempts were a waste of time, if you want to introduce a new generation to the fun of Loony Toons, just let them watch the old stuff.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jun 25th, 2011, 11:27 PM       
yeah fuck any looney tunes made after i was born I DON'T WANNA SEE BUGS BUNNY RAPPING, ASSHOLES
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 26th, 2011, 12:07 AM       
That Russian cat and dog show is great, I especially love the black cat.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jun 26th, 2011, 12:40 AM       
That character who looked and talked like Peter Lorre used to creep me out.

BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jun 26th, 2011, 02:28 AM       
WHEN THE GHOST SHIP SUDDENLY SHOWS UP OFF THE SHORE IN THE GARFIELD HALLOWEEN SPECIAL

EDIT: I just rewatched it on Youtube and laughed at it, but come on man I was like 3

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
OH GOD
Old Jun 26th, 2011, 03:30 AM       
if cartoons not intended for children count, watership down and plague dogs are creepy to me as an ADULT

start at about 6:50

start at 1:30

CREEPY AS A MOTHER FUCKER
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jun 26th, 2011, 08:35 AM       
I was going to mention Fantastic Planet, but I was so creeped out at the thought of looking at the video to preview it that I chickened out.

Watership Down gave me nightmares as a kid.
aint nobody

All Hail Duke is probably a spambot
Old Jun 26th, 2011, 02:22 PM       
i'll have to give those a look
Unfunny Python Reference
Old Jun 26th, 2011, 04:29 PM       
Can we turn this thread into a scary kids stuff thread? I find most kids stuff scarier than any horror film.

Last edited by Ex Leper : Jun 26th, 2011 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Extra vowel in "thread"
Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 27th, 2011, 04:02 AM       
Quote:
Can we turn this thread into a scary kids stuff thread? I find most kids stuff scarier than any horror film.
I agree! Also, I just watched Plague Dogs last night after reading some of the replies and holy shit that movie is pretty goddamn creepy.

Spoilers!

This is pretty damn wierd but aside from that the claymation is on par with some of Don's greatest pieces.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Jun 27th, 2011, 11:12 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashO View Post
Invasion of the Bunny Snatchers

I remember seeing this and just thinking how different it was from the older cartoons. I think now it's not nearly as creepy, but mainly the part with Daffy Duck used to give me chills.

Am I just a stupid pussy or does anyone else remember?
I didn't ever freak me out when I was a kid, but I sure didn't like it. It always seemed so cheap and boring compared to the other Looney Tunes. I was much older when I found out the reason.

It was made in 1992.
Unfunny Python Reference
Old Jun 27th, 2011, 08:35 PM       
I found a new children's film that looks terrifying. Also, Fuck Eugene Levy for wasting his comedic talent.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jun 27th, 2011, 09:05 PM       
The comment on the youtube page for this is right....don't ever, EVER watch this under the influence.

mmm muffins
Wiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 27th, 2011, 09:21 PM       

I watched Dumbo when I was 4 I think. This train scared the bejeezus out of me, IDK why but it did o.o

esp when it was going up and down the hill at night
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 27th, 2011, 10:09 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
The comment on the youtube page for this is right....don't ever, EVER watch this under the influence.
haha, khaljorn might disagree I vaguely recall him saying this movie is amazing under the influence.

The only unintended nightmare fuel I remember from childhood was from an "America's Funniest People" segment. This guy was showing off his automated pizza maker; feed things into one end and out the other came a fully formed pizza pie. Somehow the inventor falls in and comes out transformed into a living pizza, only retaining his face and voice. I guess it was suppose to be slapstick but to me it was the blackest affront to human dignity I'd ever seen.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jun 27th, 2011, 10:14 PM       
kahl is a rare bird and he can watch it under the influence if he wants to.

I watched it one time when I had just had a medical procedure and taken Percocet or something. I'm not sure what about it affected me so much, but I got ungodly paranoid and freaked-out for no particular reason.

Another kids' show that really messed me up was "The Electric Grandmother". I know it's based on a short story, but all I remember was that these kids lost their parents and they got a robot grandma who sang poignant songs that all somehow seemed to be about death. Then she got hit by a car in front of them and I remember there being this grandma of broken robot parts in the road.

They showed that at my SCHOOL.
Unfunny Python Reference
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 12:08 AM       
Prepare for time warp.
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 12:42 AM       
Quote:
I remember this movie, christ it used to scare the shit out of me.

And also, Wiffles, you don't know why it scared you? How about because the fucking train sounds like the REDRUM kid.
Unfunny Python Reference
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 12:50 AM       
We need more kids films where the plot is about killing kids.