Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

xXxASPERGERSxXx
CaptainBubba is probably a spambot
Old Sep 12th, 2003, 11:53 PM        Savage
http://www.s2games.com/savage/index.html

This game looks amazing. Its a multiplayer online combination of RTS and FPS where one person commands and other people take the role of units. The graphics look great and the genre appeals to me since I liked games like "Tribes" but wished there was more direction and team effort. I don't plan to take the commander role much, since I assume I'd only be frustrated with people disobeying my orders.
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Sep 13th, 2003, 12:07 AM       
I think any game with such an emphasis on teamwork will be almost unplayable without joining a clan.
Location: In that place where i didnt know where we were before
Comrade Rocket is probably a spambot
Old Sep 13th, 2003, 12:31 AM       
i came up a game like this some 4 months ago but never got around to write it down.
Bestrest is probably a spambot
Old Sep 13th, 2003, 08:56 AM       
WHERE ARE THE CRACKED SERVERS? I NEED CRACKED SERVERS PLZ..

OK?

savage rocks
xXxASPERGERSxXx
Old Sep 13th, 2003, 10:36 AM       
Gonna buy it today. I will have more info on it tonight.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Sep 13th, 2003, 03:39 PM       
I got in on the beta test, but a day after they let me in, they deactivated everyone's accounts.
xXxASPERGERSxXx
Old Sep 13th, 2003, 06:03 PM       
Bought it. Played it. I'm not dissapointed. The teams seem to work together pretty well and for the most part no one really disobeys the commander's orders.

When you play FPS the longer you play and the more you kill the better you get, much like a hero unit in WC3. When you kill you get exp which makes any character you control have better stats and abilities and you get gold to buy a better unit or equipment.

As a commander you can control the worker units, build, upgrade weapons and units, and give commands to player operated units. This mode can be resigned and taken by players on a team and if it is left unelected not much will occur as far as upgrades and buildings go, so its fairly nessecary. The RTS part SUCKS when your base is being destroyed and everything is massed up together.

Overall its very fun and one of those games that you lose track of time playing. This will be my new staple until COH or WOW comes out.
Hay Ladiez! Howzit going?
BlueOatmeal is probably a spambot
Old Sep 20th, 2003, 02:08 AM       
Its looks pretty damn great but as it was stated before teamwork games hardly work out on random public servers. But I heard the game came with a thing that would boot the llittle Fagorts off if they got out of line.
xXxASPERGERSxXx
Old Sep 25th, 2003, 12:16 PM       
After playing alot I have some more info about the gameplay.

First off, I am god at this game now. As a beast warrior I have gotten 10 kills in a row and won 3v1 games. Thus I am compelled to think it the best game ever concieved by man.

You don't have to play as only FPS or RTS in any game. If you are commander you may resign and become a unit, or if you are a unit you may request the commander resign, or begin a vote to impeach.

As a commander you can make up to 10 workers who will do all the non combat work, so player involvment isn't even nessecary in this field. People are eager to obey however, when you actually do have a task to give. I think people like the idea of being a servant. People in FPS are so eager to get into a fight that telling them to kill someone is hardly even nessecary.

If you like one of your player units in particular you may also give him a rank promotion, making him the "officer" of your team. I'm not sure what it does other that giving them a flag if they're human and a skull staff if they're beast.

In FPS its fun, and as I said before, you gain levels as you do more in the game. Also, a portion of the gold you recieve from killing units and attacking buildings is given to the commander to build towers. Often there are no gold mines, so this is the only way to get gold for the commander.

In FPS you may not attack allied units or buildings. The worst you can do is nothing. And sometimes people do. I don't get it when that happens.

You people should get it and we should make a Mockery clan. It'd be fun.
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Sep 25th, 2003, 12:44 PM       
Does it have a cd key or could I say download it and then get online?
xXxASPERGERSxXx
Old Sep 25th, 2003, 12:52 PM       
It has a cd-key. But you can buy it online and dl it off their site and theyll e-mail you a cd-key. Its 10$ less than buying it in the store and its easier.

Thats what I did. Getting this one for free cant be done. Its worth the 40$ though. Once people start coming out with mods and such itll be even better. The game was designed to be modified. The creators themselves made an engine and the current savage game itself is just a mod of the basic program.

I think the first mod is going to be a WW2 style FPS/RTS.
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Sep 25th, 2003, 01:06 PM       
thats a shame cause I got no money and no job. I might try downloading it anyways, perhaps I can at least test it out.