Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Ronnie Raygun is probably a spambot
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 07:37 PM        ***Kerry, once again, proves himself an idiot***
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...dc_1&printer=1

Kerry Didn't Read Iraq Report Before Vote -- Aides

By Adam Entous

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Democratic candidate John Kerry (news - web sites), whose campaign demanded to know on Wednesday whether President Bush (news - web sites) read a key Iraq (news - web sites) intelligence assessment, did not read the document himself before voting to give Bush the authority to go to war, aides acknowledged.

"Along with other senators, he was briefed on the contents of the NIE (National Intelligence Estimate) by (then-CIA (news - web sites) Director) George Tenet and other administration intelligence officials," said Kerry spokesman Phil Singer.

Kerry's campaign has challenged Bush to say whether he read the complete intelligence report before deciding to go to war, or whether he just read a one-page summary, which Democrats say gave him none of the dissenting views included in the full version.

The Kerry campaign stepped up the attack on Wednesday, sending out an e-mail with the headline, "Did anyone in the White House read the full National Intelligence Estimate on Iraq?"

In a conference call organized by the campaign, Senate Intelligence Committee Democrat Richard Durbin said Bush should have read the 90-page report issued in October 2002.

Asked if Kerry read it, Durbin responded, "I don't know."

Singer said the issue was not whether Kerry read the intelligence assessment himself, but why the White House had refused to release the one-page presidential summary.

"The bigger question is why ... the president -- the commander-in-chief, who decided when and how to take us to war -- won't share this document with the Congress," Singer said.

The National Intelligence Estimate concluded Iraq possessed chemical and biological weapons but noted dissent from the State Department's intelligence service and other agencies.

The Bush campaign has accused Kerry of "flip-flopping" on the war.

The Massachusetts senator, who voted for the congressional resolution authorizing Bush to use force in Iraq, has since charged the president rushed to war without adequate international help or a plan to win the peace.

At campaign stops in Minnesota and Wisconsin, Bush attacked Kerry for expressing pride in having voted against an $87 billion funding bill for Iraq.

Durbin criticized the 2002 National Intelligence Estimate. He said it was prepared in just three weeks instead of the customary six months.

"It was done in a hurry so that the vote would take place in October before the invasion of Iraq. And now we know that there were many aspects of that National Intelligence Estimate which were inaccurate," Durbin said.
TOP CHEF
Stabby is probably a spambot
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 07:51 PM       
Quote:
Kerry's campaign has challenged Bush to say whether he read the complete intelligence report before deciding to go to war, or whether he just read a one-page summary, which Democrats say gave him none of the dissenting views included in the full version.
If that makes Kerry an idiot (and I do think it is pretty disappointing that the people we elect can't take the time to look over something this important), but what then does that make Bush? If he didn't read it either, like I'm betting he didn't, especially when he was the one who made the ultimate descision to go into war. What's higher than idiot?
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 09:03 PM       
double idiot.

You're gonna see the word "flip flop" alot out of conservative mouths through out this campaign.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 09:33 PM       
Well, since it seems to apply, why not?
Mocker
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 10:23 PM       
cuz flip flop doesn't sound sophisticated enough to be repeated a million times

GAsux is probably a spambot
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 10:51 PM        Really...
When I was younger I thought the idea of sex and vaginas was disgusting. When I got older, and learned more, I changed my mind.

I used to hate veggies too. When I got older, I learned and experienced more, and changed my mind.

I used to think the state I live in sucked the biggest cock in the world. Then I moved to Georgia, and I changed my mind.

What a dirty horrible flip flopper I am. How dare a person change their points of view! Completely unacceptable. If a person thinks all blacks are crack dealing thugs, they should never be allowed to change their minds. Damn flip floppers.
Mocker
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 11:03 PM       
Small difference.

John Kerry, as part of the Senate intel Comitee, had access to the same info Bush had and voted for the invasion.

I'm fairly certain you went through several experiences and personal changes that forced you to switch position on several issues over the course of years.

What was in the info Kerry saw those 2 years ago that is different today? Nothing. Nada. Zip.

He's playing off emotion and trying to appeal to the anti-Bush crowd, when in fact, he was one of W's biggest supporters.

Its one thing to feel you were mislead and then change your mind based on new information. That is growing and learning. Its something else to change position because you think its the in thing.

GAsux is probably a spambot
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 11:53 PM        I guess so...
Truth be told I don't spend much time in the Kerry household so I really don't know what makes or made him change his mind. Gee whiz, if he voted for the war in the first place, and then decided several months later that spending an additional $87 million or whatever was a bad idea and not part of what Congress signed on for in the first place, he clearly must have voted against the additional spending because it was "the cool thing to do" and not because he felt it was wrong.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jul 15th, 2004, 08:50 AM       
I think it's really bad Kerry didn't read it himself. I thought it was really bad he voted to give a guy look W the authorization to make war. I wish had someone I respected more to vote for instead of a President who sent people to die to vote against.

I think it's pretty clear W. didn't do the reading either. He had adviser read it for him, just like Kerry.

What a country. We're number one.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jul 15th, 2004, 09:17 AM       
Okay, having read into this a wee bit further, I'm confused.

The NIE is a document written expressly for the president. As far as I can tell, it is a one page document, and while they may have been briefed on it's contents, the Senate doesn't have access to it.

The Kerry campaign wants it released so people can see what it said, and the white hiouse is refusing, just as they did prior to the leaking of the NIE titled "Ossama Bin Laden determined to attack inside United States". After the info became public, their argument that the NIE in question said nothing about Bin Laden's interest in attacking inside the United states seemed... somewhat thinner.

The NIE in question is not the 93 page back-up paper. It is a one page summary.

Can anybody sort this out for me? And I don't mean their opinion, I mean can anyone find a source that says who's talking about what?
Mocker
Old Jul 15th, 2004, 01:22 PM       
It's sad that people are going to vote for kerry just because he isn't Bush...
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Jul 15th, 2004, 01:39 PM       
Yeah, I too think it's sad. So is the death of cows, but hey, I loves my beef.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Jul 15th, 2004, 03:36 PM       
Quote:
"True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing. And in knowing that you know nothing, that makes you the smartest of all."
For those of you who need the Cliff Notes, that means that it is always wise to keep an open mind so as to constanly continue learning rather than the black and white, tunnel visioned mentality of our current commander-in-chief. When, as in the case of Kerry and other like senate voters at the time, the administration paints you a slanted picture of intelligence reports that you do not have access to and then asks you to vote, how would you vote? If you then learn more information about the subject later that allows you to have a more educated opinion and causes you to change your mind, is that "flip-flopping"? Alright then, give me the flip-flopper!

Besides that, Bush himself admitted that he didn't really make intelligence agencies a priority early in his administration and often attended only the crucial meetings before 9/11. Yes, he said that.

Wherever you go, there you are.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Jul 15th, 2004, 04:01 PM       
least he s a bit" smarter than bush
ranxer is probably a spambot
Old Jul 15th, 2004, 06:32 PM       
bush and kerry are both corporate wankers, I heard the wives of kerry and edwards are saying some decent things.. maybe i'll campaign for the presidential wives this time. hmm.. i guess i'll take Hienz over Haliburton.

i look at bush vs kerry as two candidates that will be driving us toward a cliff.. kerry however will be driving us a little slower.

vechron is probably a spambot
Old Jul 16th, 2004, 08:33 AM       
Thanks for your last post mburbank; it's nice to see how all the bushites disappeared after you posted it.
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Jul 16th, 2004, 09:45 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScruU2wice
It's sad that people are going to vote for kerry just because he isn't Bush...
it's called choosing the lesser of two evils
Mocker
Old Jul 16th, 2004, 12:07 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by vechron
Thanks for your last post mburbank; it's nice to see how all the bushites disappeared after you posted it.
Disappeared? Hey, genius, read his post. He was looking for objective information about some very confusing statements. It was neither pro-bush nor totally anti-bush.

Of course, I don't see anyone on the left answering the question either.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Jul 16th, 2004, 12:14 PM       
Do Congressmen and women read everything they're given? No. Do they vote for bills that often force them to COMPROMISE their own ideological values? YES. Did the Congress clearly read the USA PATRIOT Act? No. Do elected officials instead hire staffers and interns to read legislation for them? YES. Ask anybody who has interned in a state or DC office. Sometimes representatives can't even recall what it is they had voted on that day. Is this utopian and deliberative? NO, but it's reality, and trying to single-out John Kerry for it is sad, pathetic, pointless, and irrelevant (in other words, the typical shit that Raygun posts here for his lord and savior, George W. Bush).

There is also a distinct difference between the decisions an EXECUTIVE makes, and one a LEGISLATOR makes. Senator Kerry is in a position where the decisions you make, and the votes you cast, can effect later legislation that he might propose.

President Bush has no such level of accountability. Like Max said, he initiated the bill. It's actually kind of funny-- by exploiting the fact that Kerry "didn't read" the bill, it almost sounds like a GOP confession that the bill was weak, and had Kerry even taken a cursory glance of it, he would've clearly votedagainst it. So, if Kerry is lazy, then Bush is just plain stupid. I can live with that.

Finally, I really think we should just ignore Raygun's posts. They ae pointless drivel, which are at best board spam, and at their worst ar just the desparate rantings of a GOP wonk. The Bush team is running scared, and most polls show him down, so irrelevant shit like this will become a volleyball for them. Don't buy in to it.....
Mocker
Old Jul 16th, 2004, 02:49 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo Electrolux
Too bad it's not called "choosing which cantidate you like" instead of "Choosing the cantidate that is the opponent of the cantidate you hate."
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 16th, 2004, 03:04 PM       
Careful Saad, that's Communist talk, you might get Blacklisted.
Mocker
Old Jul 16th, 2004, 03:42 PM       
Mocker
Old Jul 16th, 2004, 04:24 PM       
Quote:
Is this utopian and deliberative? NO, but it's reality, and trying to single-out John Kerry for it is sad, pathetic, pointless, and irrelevant
Kev, I would agree with you except for one thing. Kerry was on the Senate Intel Comitee. The whole point of that group is to go over all the inteligence with a fine tooth comb. If he didn't do that, he didn't do his job.

Its very relevent.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Jul 16th, 2004, 04:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScruU2wice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo Electrolux
Too bad it's not called "choosing which cantidate you like" instead of "Choosing the cantidate that is the opponent of the cantidate you hate."

Yer Startin to sound red and by that I mean you'd preffer a hammer and cicle over a hamburger

:gtareference
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Jul 16th, 2004, 05:08 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Blanco
Kev, I would agree with you except for one thing. Kerry was on the Senate Intel Comitee. The whole point of that group is to go over all the inteligence with a fine tooth comb. If he didn't do that, he didn't do his job.

Its very relevent.
It's called 'relevant', people. It's not relevent, relivant, rellavant or rilivant, it's relevant.

when I see a simple word like that misspelled five times a day, I get pissy