Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Sep 27th, 2004, 05:11 PM        -=Using BitTorrent for dummies=-
Well seeing as i have some time on my hands i thought i would write a short guide to using BitTorrent as some people might not know of it yet... and it kicks ass. So, on to the guide.

[center:a0061aeaf8][/center:a0061aeaf8]

Introduction
Ever wondered where you can download movies, TV shows, games, music and other random stuff online? Or get pissed off never bieng able to find sources with other programs such as DC++?
weeellll, provided you have a good connection with fast upload/download this is for you.

The client
Bit torrent is a file shareing program like no other. Instead of having to download a client with search features, download functions etc you just download a client which is very similar to the IE download utility. Then you go to a website and get 'torrent files'. When run, these simply ask where the download should go to and then start. The way it works is to download from other clients and servers at the same time making a big web of warezy goodness.
One thing to note is that your download will be proportional to your upload so if you have a crappy slow upload speed you will have a crappy slow download speed.
Download can be stopped and resumed at any time and when resumed the file will be scanned to check it has not been corrupted.

clients:
Standard client

Inhanced client (i use this one)

Mac client

Where to download torrents?

http://www.suprnova.org/

The best place, not to be confused with .com or .net. This has pretty much everythign you will ever need.

Everyone feel free to correct me or add something to the guide. This service is far too useful for everyone not to know about it.
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Sep 27th, 2004, 07:33 PM       
Azureus is the best bittorrent client i have found
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Sep 27th, 2004, 07:42 PM       
BitTornado in the hizouse!

Even though 90% of the information it shows is completely useless and meaningless to users.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Sep 27th, 2004, 10:56 PM       
Thanks for the post. Although it told me absolutely nothing about how to use any Torrent Client ever.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Sep 27th, 2004, 11:47 PM       
All you do is install it, download torrent files and wait. The client should come up automatically.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 02:53 AM       
addendum: after you are done downloading your file, leave the client open until your upload is equal to or more than your download, or else your a jerk forever

felix_tibs is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 03:18 AM       
Where do we download files now?
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 03:41 AM       
the internet
OH GOD
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 03:42 AM       
ps guys dont post a list what do you want the riaa or mpaa or bffaa or whatever shutten them down i eman come on