Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 5th, 2011, 09:08 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
my guess is wasabi + soysauce
10 points for griffindor
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 5th, 2011, 09:19 PM       

aw yiss
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 6th, 2011, 08:03 PM       
So a few months back I found out I was allergic to wheat. We're not talking "oh i have a tummy ache. I must be gluten intolerant.", i get horrible skin rashes from eating wheat. this wasn't a sudden thing either. i've had severe eczema most of my life, i just figured out what triggered it in february.

so, now i eat gluten free. most of the time it pisses me off because the replacements for the things i like to eat taste fucking horrible. the tasty-cake gluten free chocolate chip cookies? they taste like crunchy vegetable oil with chocolate chips. gluten free bread? tastes like bland nothing (except udi's, that shit is GREAT). the rice pizza crust? tastes like rice pizza crust. so in a sense it's good because it forces me to eat healthier.

onward to tonight's fabulous dinner.
i can't really cook often here because we live with other people and it's hard for me to really cook without cross-contamination so most of my meals are pre-packaged and or salads.

this evening for dinner i decided to have pancakes. typically i use pamela's pancake and baking mix, so far that's my favorite because the gluten free bisquick is ehhhhhhhh. well, i mix my pamela's mix and i decide to crumble up and throw in the rest of my blueberry stilton cheese. it tasted awesome.
the end
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 6th, 2011, 10:22 PM       
how can you be injun and allergic to wheat

don't you people basically live off of frybread
Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 6th, 2011, 10:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
rest of my blueberry stilton cheese. it tasted awesome.
Dude I think my grandma tried to get me to eat Stilton when I was a kid, isn't that the shit that looks like it's loaded with dead bugs?

If so, I hope you know there's a special circle of hell for people who ruin pancakes.

Also, I'm eating wings that came free with a pizza from dominos. Boy do I know why they're free
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jul 6th, 2011, 11:08 PM       
I was all excited because I had a bunch of stuff fresh from the garden and was going to make it all for dinner. I picked a small basket of blackberries (and got the SHIT scratched out of me in the process) and agonized over what I was going to do with them...pie? preserves? sauce?

Finally I decided that I was going to make sort of a crumble thing, and because I wanted it to be extra good I disregarded my own recipe for the crumble stuff and went with someone else's. Long story short, big mistake. It's dry and, even though I added cherries to sweeten it up a bit and add more liquid, it's sour

Anyway, I also had roasted summer squash in marinara sauce, and garlic bread. The rest of the produce I gave to my mom (wax beans, strawberries, zucchini, peas).
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 7th, 2011, 07:52 AM       
blueberry stilton is not like regular stilton. it's sharp and creamy and has lovely blueberries in it. i think you're thinking of blue stilton which is like most blue cheeses and has veins in it.

Chojin, i have no idea. i am certainly not thrilled about it, but it could be worse. avoiding wheat/gluten isn't too hard these days, liking doing it is another story.

Kitsa, i'm sorry about your blackberries you should donate it to someone you don't like. but it sounds like your garden is very lovely and filled with delicious! do you salt your squash when you roast it? i've always hated squash and someone reccomended salting it and frying it.
Well Shit
creeposaurus is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2011, 02:34 PM       
Make Blackberry Jam so they won't go to waste Kitsa! You can throw in some honey so it won't taste as sour.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jul 7th, 2011, 04:48 PM       
When I want italian-ish food, I just pan-sear it with some garlic powder (never garlic salt!) and serve it with marinara sauce. I like it better than pasta.

When I'm cooking stir-fry, I do it at very high heat, in the thinnest gloss of peanut oil, and serve it with peanut sauce or ginger dressing.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jul 19th, 2011, 06:06 PM       
I've been eating too damn much the past couple of days, and all of it wonderful. There's a certain deli that makes the best roast beef sandwiches on the planet...I normally am not big on meat, but omfg. They shred the lettuce superfine, so it's more like fancy-shredded cheese, and there's a big pile of it on a toasted bun with homemade mayo. Fucking amazing sandwich.

So I had that last night, and then for lunch the past two days I've had roast turkey and stuffing. I feel like I'm living some sort of bizarre Thanksgiving thing out of season.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Jul 19th, 2011, 06:57 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
So a few months back I found out I was allergic to wheat. We're not talking "oh i have a tummy ache. I must be gluten intolerant.", i get horrible skin rashes from eating wheat. this wasn't a sudden thing either. i've had severe eczema most of my life, i just figured out what triggered it in february.

so, now i eat gluten free. most of the time it pisses me off because the replacements for the things i like to eat taste fucking horrible.
I found out 2 months ago I was allergic to wheat also. And I've had keratosis pilaris most of my life, which is a bunch of small bumps on my skin and it looks like it's going away since I stopped eating wheat completely also. Have you found any kind of recipe for pizza crust that is good? Every time I've made pizza crusts from gluten free mixes from the store. I've tried 4 different kinds and they all taste yeasty, and that aftertaste stays with me for over a day. Also, have you also noticed that gluten free breads taste like stale bread?
aint nobody

All Hail Duke is probably a spambot
Old Jul 19th, 2011, 08:45 PM       
had a small steak, mashed potatos and gravy, a biscuit and a glass of sweet tea

most i've eaten in the past few days
Thrills and Oblongs
Shrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 20th, 2011, 06:26 AM       
Tea, juice, cereal, antihistamine, multivitamin, levothyroxin and ibuprofen.

Nutritious.
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Jul 20th, 2011, 05:41 PM       
I just got back from a bar and i'm super hungry. I had a frozen margherita pizza in the freezer, so I put some shrimps and octopi rings on top of it and put it in the oven. Yum. Maybe I should take some aspirin on the side 'cause my head hurts like hell.
Banned

Womti sucksWomti sucksWomti sucksWomti sucks
Old Jul 20th, 2011, 10:13 PM       
I'm just ate eric choad's credit card.
Thrills and Oblongs
Shrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 21st, 2011, 09:54 AM       
Do you just vomit words?
Egg
Old Jul 21st, 2011, 11:30 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0k0 View Post
I found out 2 months ago I was allergic to wheat also. And I've had keratosis pilaris most of my life, which is a bunch of small bumps on my skin and it looks like it's going away since I stopped eating wheat completely also. Have you found any kind of recipe for pizza crust that is good? Every time I've made pizza crusts from gluten free mixes from the store. I've tried 4 different kinds and they all taste yeasty, and that aftertaste stays with me for over a day. Also, have you also noticed that gluten free breads taste like stale bread?
Udi's Gluten-free whitebread tastes great fresh without being toasted. but once those breads get frozen you HAVE to toast them. All other gluten-free breads need to be toasted. Honestly I never buy anything but Udi's nowdays.
pizza crust is tricky. I don't think i would trust gluten-free pizza crust mix personally. now, i live with my soon-to-be in-laws. I can't do alot of cooking here so i haven't been able to experiment. if you look online there are lots and lots of recipes for gluten free pizza crust. Most of the manufactured ones are rice flour based. they're kinda ehhhhh. the best one i've had so far was at a place called the Mellow Mushroom in raleigh nc. theirs tasted potato flour based. it was sweet and soft! it gets soggy, but i put it in the fridge for a couple of days and reheated it and it was still good.
this sounds like a good recipe for pizza crust:
http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/G...ee-Pizza-Crust
as soon as i get my own house i will be doing all sorts of gluten free baking experimentations
i wish you luck!
let me know how it turns out for you if you try it!
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 11:05 AM       

I make the best curries in the world.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 12:03 PM       

Dear god, these!
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 09:24 PM       
Because I don't like BooBerry? The stores in Alabama don't even sell it.

Last edited by Nick : Aug 5th, 2011 at 08:18 AM.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 03:51 AM       
DON'T LIKE BOO BERRY?

DON'T LIKE....

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 03:54 AM       

I can't give away anymore pickles, OTHERWISE THAT'S WHAT YOU'D BE EATING RIGHT NOW, MILHOUSE!!!!!!

That was very funny. Well done.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 10:12 AM