Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 01:53 AM       
college is a really good idea. Although you have bad grades so i dunno.

try not caring about people and try not to be focused on having an identity i dunno do some drugs
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 10:25 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
ZQ, we need to hang out. I can do all five of those for you in an hour tops. I think you live somewhere within travel distance to me. I'm just letting you know because the "Whitest Kids U Know" are touring right now.

East Coast Mockery meet.
If you live in the Pittsburgh area, sweet!

Hey, if you live in New England, sweeter! I love going there for vacation (especially Boston)!

And kahljorn, I actually find that not caring makes depression worse (at least for me). In my opinion, whenever things are bad, it usually helps to have someone around to talk to or something. Or maybe I'm just weird...
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 12:08 PM       
No, I live in the land of snow, where the Buffalo roam. Well....where the Sabres roam at least.
Insane Writer
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 07:51 PM       
Where's that, statewise?

And snow doesn't narrow it down much, it's been freezing in Pittsburgh too. As Lewis Black said, where's global warming when you need it? I can't finish a thought in my head!
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 08:40 PM       
http://maps.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTExNmIycG51BF9TAzI3MTYxNDkEc2VjA2ZwLWJ1 dHRvbgRzbGsDbGluaw--#mvt=m&lat=41.661875&lon=-79.5129&zoom=8&q1=Buffalo%2C%20ny&q2=Pittsburgh%2C %20PA

Buffalo is like right above Pittsburgh. I just went to Pittsburgh for a trip last summer. Went to the Andy Warhol museum, the bus terminal which is located in Bizarro land, got lost by a giant dinosaur hanging out at a library and Best Buy on my way back for music.

Do you say "Pop" or "Soda" ?

Last edited by 10,000 Volt Ghost : Feb 5th, 2009 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Enter key
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 08:46 PM       
Cover your butthole!
SKATASTIC
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 08:47 PM       
Insane Writer
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 10:49 PM       
Oh... Sorry I had a lapse of intelligence there.

That library wasn't the Carnegie Library by any chance, was it? Because if it was, you'd have been literally across the street from the campus I go to.

And the Bizzaro Land is, I'm guessing, the Strip District? Very odd place to be sure, but you can get great stuff! Like Pokey!
SKATASTIC
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 10:52 PM       
The bus depot was ond 2nd street below like two underpasses and a bunch of bridges.

If your campus is across from a giant Bronto....whatever the Brontosaurus actually is then yes.
Insane Writer
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 11:17 PM       
I'm trying to remember exactly what kind of dinosaur is by the Carnegie Library. I'll have to check tomorrow. Pittsburgh's known for having a large number of "artistic" dinosaurs hanging around, but I do believe the Library's got a Diploticous outside of it (named "Dippy").

And that does sound like where the Strip District is.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 6th, 2009, 03:15 AM       
i didnt say not to talk to people just not to care so much about them ;/
BANNED

Old Feb 6th, 2009, 06:03 AM       
For anyone to love a man, he must be hidden. For as soon as he s hows his face, love is gone.

Therefore, if y ou love a man, love is gone.

HYPOTHETICAL SYLLOGISM MOTHERFUCKER
SKATASTIC
Old Feb 6th, 2009, 02:15 PM       
So come visit Buffalo during your break. It's really nice during the spring. I think you're right about the ship district.
Insane Writer
Old Feb 6th, 2009, 03:58 PM       
I might. Depends on what all's going on.

I think Spring Break's when Tekkosho Con goes on. It's Pittsburgh's comic/video game/anime convention. The highlights of my visit last year was an Improv group which was fantastic and a headache from my too-small mask which was not so fantastic.
Bod is probably a spambot
Old Feb 6th, 2009, 04:24 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grislygus View Post
Do you have an chemical imbalance? Then the solution is medication. If not, follow me on Greasy Gus' Patented Twelve Step Program!

REPEAT AFTER ME:
1. As I have no genuine disorders, I am depressed because I'm not the person I want to be!

2. I am not the person I want to be because of my own decisions!

3. Though I'm a moody, lazy, unmotivated little twerp with a weight problem and little control over his/her own impulses, I am in control of my analysis of the situation!

4. I accept reality, and adamantly refuse to blame anyone else for my own decisions!

5. Now that I have a spine, I hereby resolve to slowly but resolutely improve myself!

6. Fuck, I haven't been improving myself!

7. Now I'm crying!

8. Still not improving myself!

9. Now I am seriously sick of this bullshit! I will now take up something constructive and therapeutic, like weight lifting or art
while striving towards forging a career in the real world, getting my own home, and not leeching off of my parents when I am [insert realistic target age here.]!

10. I recognize that I will never be perfect, while continuing to strive towards my goals!

11. I have now achieved my goals!

12. I now have an entirely new set of problems, and am more miserable, dejected, and pathetic than ever before!
That's the most perfect description of depression I've ever come across.
But knowing the problem doesn't mean you know how to fix it.
SKATASTIC
Old Feb 6th, 2009, 06:27 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaQueen View Post
I might. Depends on what all's going on.

I think Spring Break's when Tekkosho Con goes on. It's Pittsburgh's comic/video game/anime convention. The highlights of my visit last year was an Improv group which was fantastic and a headache from my too-small mask which was not so fantastic.

Sounds like fun. I'd say wait till June at least when the snow melts.
Insane Writer
Old Feb 7th, 2009, 11:40 AM       
Pittsburgh's pretty snowy too, so I hear you!

And Bod's right, if you're depressed about something, logic doesn't always help.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Feb 7th, 2009, 02:05 PM       
That sounds like logic.
Insane Writer
Old Feb 7th, 2009, 10:15 PM       
And it doesn't help much.

For example: My senior year of high school, I decided to give one last try at getting into the Holiday Talent Show. The judges seemed pretty impressed and I felt like I put out a good effort. Then came the day when the list of people who made it came out. I poured over it and found I was not on it. As if to add insult to injury, I heard a guy reading over my shoulder comment to someone else "Hey! All of my acts got in!"

I knew it didn't necessarily mean I wasn't good at playing the violin (my act), but the rest of the morning, I felt like stabbing myself in the throat with a plastic cafeteria spork. I felt even worse when I discovered that several "acts" of the show were videos that the Student Counsel made, including one idiotic one of them dressed in bee costumes, superimposed over a picture of our school ("Bee Movie!" )
SKATASTIC
Old Feb 7th, 2009, 10:27 PM       
That's lame. You should have Stradivarioused them over the head.
Insane Writer
Old Feb 8th, 2009, 05:18 PM       
I don't have a Stradivarious, but even if I did, I would have been too depressed.

Anyway, I guess in the long run it doesn't matter. Just sucked at the time though.
BANNED

Old Feb 8th, 2009, 07:33 PM       
whenever i meet someone all i can think about is how i will fail to meet their expectations ;/
SKATASTIC
Old Feb 8th, 2009, 07:38 PM       
You should care less or drink more. There's a balance somewhere in there.
BANNED

Old Feb 8th, 2009, 07:48 PM       
drinking doesn't help.
derrida is probably a spambot
Old Feb 9th, 2009, 02:51 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaQueen View Post
I don't have a Stradivarious, but even if I did, I would have been too depressed.

Anyway, I guess in the long run it doesn't matter. Just sucked at the time though.
it sucked because no one cares about your gay violin music, unless of course its an adaptation of this blazing joint from R&B sensation Monifah:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLhCSh3ogmU