Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Dec 22nd, 2010, 04:22 AM        If a la carte channel choices were available, which would you choose?
Our channel lineup here is about 90% nonsense BS.

If I had a plan where I could choose, say, 10 channels for a discounted price and have ONLY those twenty, I would choose (in no particular order):

1) Our local Fox affiliate
2) BBC America
3) The History Channel
4) Discovery
5) Cartoon Network
6) ESPN
7) IFC
8) Chiller (because of the Monsters/Tales from the Darkside/Freddy's Nightmares availability)
9) Spike
10) PBS/Sprout

Which would you choose?
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 22nd, 2010, 09:27 AM       
NETFLIX
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Dec 22nd, 2010, 11:35 AM       
1) NBC
2) E! (for the Soup and to keep the wife occupied at times)
3) History Intl
4) Science Channel
5) AMC
6) Boomerang (Because Fraggle Rock in the morning with the baby girl fucking owns!)
7) HBO (La Flama Blanca!)
8) Cartoon Network
9) PBS
10) ??? Guess I would let the wife pick one
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Dec 22nd, 2010, 01:45 PM       
I forgot NatGeo. Or maybe I could get by with NatGeo on Demand.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 22nd, 2010, 02:37 PM       
Amc, fmc, tmc, public arts channel, and this neat Cooking channel that I found one day. I learned how to make mixed drinks.
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Dec 22nd, 2010, 04:13 PM       
Monsters HD
Chiller
Cartoon Network (adult swim)
ESPN
ESPN 2 (a good channel to show off how much Mark May's a bitch)
IFC
TCM
CBS (how else am I going to watch my Bullshit Conference Series?)
HBO (EB&D)
Old G4 TV, not the new crap where it's basically Cheaters and a shit ton of infomercials
mmm muffins
Wiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 22nd, 2010, 05:40 PM       
We currently have

Discovery
Nat Geographic
Cartoon Network
History Channel
BBC
CNN
Nickelodeon
ESPN
Box Office

some more channels I forgot, but Id say those are the good staples a normal family household should have
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 22nd, 2010, 06:14 PM       
Fox Affiliate
Espn
Espn 2
Espn U
Espn Classic
CBS College Sports
Big Ten Network
History Channel
Nat Geo
Discovery Channel
Vh1 Classic
MTV Jamz
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 23rd, 2010, 12:11 AM       
PBS, CBS.

I don't watch TV. Except when survivor is on, and even then, I usually watch online or download it.
Mocker
elx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 23rd, 2010, 03:20 AM       
1. comedy central (why does no one else like this in here? )
2. science
3. documentary
4. cnn
5. showtime
6. nbc
7. boomerang
8. amc
9. tbs
10. food network

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 23rd, 2010, 04:07 AM       
mostly people dont like comedy central because they like comedy
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Dec 23rd, 2010, 04:14 AM       
Oh man, I must absolutely HATE comedy then
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 23rd, 2010, 05:36 AM       
so is it not still awful then

i havent had cable in 3 years but it was pretty fucking bad then, apart from daily show
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 23rd, 2010, 06:05 AM       
When standup comedy was really, really big, comedy central was great. I think it was called Comedy Channel or Comedy Network or something back then. They actually showed standup. Jeff Foxworthy had a mullet. Janeane Garofalo's bit was about losing good "tapes" in her apartment fire, not CDs.
OH GOD
Old Dec 23rd, 2010, 06:11 AM       
and MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Dec 23rd, 2010, 11:34 AM       
Tosh and South Park and the only things remotely worth watching on CC anymore and both of those shows are only great about 1/3 of the time.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Dec 23rd, 2010, 06:19 PM       
Tosh and Daily Show. South Park has sucked for 3 to 4 seasons in a row now.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Dec 23rd, 2010, 07:34 PM       
Tosh is alright. I mainly watch Comedy Central for the crappy movies :/
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 23rd, 2010, 10:02 PM       
I take it back. Fuck TV.