Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Apr 17th, 2007, 07:29 PM       
AVOID CLIVE BARKER'S 'THE PLAGUE' AT ALL COSTS.

Spoiler: The reason the zombie children are batshit insane is because their leader read Grapes of Wrath.

Seriously.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Apr 17th, 2007, 08:33 PM       
Yeah, I'd heard that it's terrible and...well, it looks like it.

That was very funny. Well done.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 18th, 2007, 03:42 AM       
so we should avoid the plague like the plague right
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 15th, 2007, 03:50 AM       
lol

the brainiac :O
Have any of you seen that?
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jun 15th, 2007, 03:55 PM       
Is that the one with the blue goo, the Southern Gentleman headworm, and the spaghetti and brain-meatballs?
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 15th, 2007, 09:45 PM       
I dont think so. Here's a link.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054668/

Last edited by kahljorn : Jun 16th, 2007 at 04:27 AM.
Ancient Mariner
Old Jun 16th, 2007, 05:08 PM       
Mexican horror movies are awesome. I just saw a black and white one that featuring an invisible dinosaur. No special effects whatsoever, just bad actors pretending to be eaten.
BANNED

Old Jun 16th, 2007, 06:46 PM       
lol that's bad ass.

not like that is any different than some modern CGI though. heh
Deadite
Obscurus Lupa is probably a spambot
Old Jul 15th, 2007, 02:30 PM       
Anyone seen Man With the Screaming Brain? I like Bruce Campbell, but considering he's supposedly been wanting to make it for all these years, bit of a letdown really. But hey, it can never be as awful as Alien Apocalypse was.
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Jul 25th, 2007, 11:33 AM       
I'm looking forward to 'My name is Bruce'. Campbell plays himself and is mistaken for his Ash character by a group of monster plagued kids.
Ancient Mariner
Old Jul 25th, 2007, 11:42 AM       
I love how it's creating all kinds of internet drama on imdb. Seems that millions of users have rated it as super awesome without even seeing it.

The horror.
Deadite
Old Jul 25th, 2007, 11:22 PM       
I'm excited about seeing it. It seems like it'll be pretty funny. :D But yeah, don't rate until you see. If the movie ends up sucking eggs, then those eggs will be on their faces.
Deadite
Old Aug 7th, 2007, 01:23 AM       
Die You Zombie Bastards! was funny. Too many sex jokes, but it was pretty funny nonetheless.
BANNED

Old Aug 13th, 2007, 05:07 PM       
I liked the man with the screaming brain.

ive heard about that my name is bruce movie ;o
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Aug 21st, 2007, 02:16 PM       
"Dead and Breakfast" was a great show.
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 16th, 2007, 08:00 PM       
Go get From Beyond!!!
Ringmonster
Old Oct 20th, 2007, 12:46 AM       
From Beyond is a fucking classic. A real staple in any collection. Who would have thought that the follow up to Re-Animator would kick even more ass.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 21st, 2007, 07:48 PM       
Beyond Re-Animator? I watched it on Sci-Fi years ago. It does kick ass.

Nevermind, you were talking about Bride of Re-Animator. Still groovy.
Ringmonster
Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 04:31 PM       
No, we're talking about From Beyond. It was made just months after Re-Animator and has much of the same case and crew. It is also based on a Lovecraft work and is freaky as hell. Think Re-Animator meets Event Horizon.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091083/

I think it just got the DVD treatment as well.
Creepy Old Fart
JediScum is probably a spambot
Old Oct 23rd, 2007, 05:02 AM       
On an unrelated note, I went on a roadtrip with my mom and stepdad this weekend for a wedding. While holed up in a hotel, I think it was TBS, but some channel had a Tod Browning fest. They showed "Dracula" first (of course) then "Freaks" which I caught the last 2 minutes of. Then they played "Devil Doll".
At first, I was disappointed that I had missed "Freaks", but "Devil Doll" really isn't bad, especially for 1932? (not sure of year) I'm not giving out spoilers but, it's worth a dollar rental or 5 dollars to own, maybe more if yer a Tod Browning fan.
Afterwards, the station played "London After Midnight", sort of. This is a silent film directed by Browning and the last known copy of the film was burnt in a studio fire in the 1960's. The station just showed production stills along with the original silent film dialog accompianied by the music score. But it does have Lon Chaney in two roles, and he looks hella 1927 cool as an undead.

So give "Devil Doll" a shot and if yer grandma has a copy of the "London After Midight" reel, tell her to post it.
Ringmonster
Old Oct 23rd, 2007, 09:08 AM       
I am, of course, a big fan of Tod Browning. His film Freaks stands as iconic in the Carnival and sideshow community and was really cutting edge for the time. Casting human oddities as the heroes really alienated the public. It really didn't garner much praise until the 60's, when audiences could connect to the idea of going against the grain. Previous to that, it was cut into segments, spliced into film of atrocities and toured as an early grindhouse film. Freaks did not exist in its complete form for almost 30 years.

Interesting note about Browning, he was a sideshow performer and talker in his youth. For his act, he was 'The Living Corpse'. He would pack himself into a coffin and be buried, only to be dug up later with no ill effects. This from the man who would go on to direct a film about the undead Dracula.

Another strange thing about Freaks, before I go. The film owes it's survival to the church of Satan. Founder Anton LaVey was a former carnival worker and he adored the film. He collected numerous copies of the film, which were in very poor shape due to age, and compiled the complete version you see today.
Creepy Old Fart
JediScum is probably a spambot
Old Oct 23rd, 2007, 10:34 AM       
I've only seen "Freaks" once about 5-6 years ago. I do remember the theme of "HaHa look at them, take advantage and oh shit i fucked with the wrong clique" but at the hotel i was disappointed because, well, it was the last two minutes of the flick. For some reason, The scene of the guy with no arms and no legs rolling and lighting a cigarette with his mouth stands out. More so, when he's going after the (SPOILER DELETED) with a knife in his teeth.

Whatcha think of "Devil Doll"? Only seeing it once, i liked it. I wouldn't consider it horror so much as maybe drama/suspense. The 1930's effects were pretty good, too.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 25th, 2007, 10:29 PM       
I thought that part was one of the best moments in cinema.

He looks like a bag of potatoes.
Ringmonster
Old Oct 26th, 2007, 08:53 AM       
There were some great visuals in the film.
Prince Randian was just one of them. LINK
Eyelobe is probably a spambot
Old Nov 17th, 2007, 03:44 AM       
Any Troma fans here?

EDIT: Oops - missed the first few posts. Discuss anyway!