Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Turrican't. :(
Kitsunexus is probably a spambot
Old Mar 8th, 2010, 03:40 PM        If you were thinking of buying FF2 on Wii VC...
Don't. It's the American "Easytype" version, not the regular Japanese FFIV translated to English. This wouldn't be an issue normally, except that they go out of their way to mislead you into thinking it's FFIV, it says in the description (paraphrasing) "but this game is actually Final Fantasy IV".

I called Nintendo Customer service and spoke to them about the situation, YOU WILL NOT GET YOUR WII POINTS REFUNDED. They're citing that they want to keep the Wii experience localized to America, which is a faulty reason considering you can buy games like Sin and Punishment and Puyo Puyo 2 which are both Japanese games that were never released on American soil. When I questioned them about this, they kept avoiding the subject, but they were firm on not refunding my points.

Don't make the same mistake I did, unless you actually want the bowlderised and easier American translation for some strange reason.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Mar 8th, 2010, 04:02 PM       
I wasn't thinking of it, actually, I hate FF4.

Thanks, though!
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Mar 8th, 2010, 04:16 PM       
lol emulators

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Mar 8th, 2010, 10:41 PM       
weird, "ff4-the later years" is pretty hard. wonder why they'd advertise it as ff4 on the vc and not have it be the j-version
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 9th, 2010, 09:15 AM       
I wonder why they would bother with the weak version anyway? Maybe they only have permission from SquareEnix to sell the weak version because they want to repackage the Japanese version yet again.
What Video Games?
Angryhydralisk is probably a spambot
Old Mar 9th, 2010, 10:36 AM       
lol DS version.

j/k fuck them
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 9th, 2010, 12:52 PM       
Man, you shoulda just got you some Mario on that Wiiware, son.
Old Mar 9th, 2010, 10:59 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
Man, you shoulda just got you some Mario on that Wiiware, son.
I have all of the Virtual Console Marios. All of them.

I really want them to release Mario All-Stars because I love the 16-bit versions even more than the 8-bit originals (I know, get a lynch mob and hang me from a tree), but they probably won't release it.
Old Mar 9th, 2010, 11:01 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angryhydralisk View Post
lol DS version.
DS version kicks major ass, but sometimes you just wanna play the original, you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsunexus View Post
I have all of the Virtual Console Marios. All of them.

I really want them to release Mario All-Stars because I love the 16-bit versions even more than the 8-bit originals (I know, get a lynch mob and hang me from a tree), but they probably won't release it.
What Video Games?
Angryhydralisk is probably a spambot
Old Mar 10th, 2010, 10:45 AM       
There's people that seriously lynch about Mario All-Stars?

FALSE.

j/k fuck them
Title
Jeff The Ninja is probably a spambot
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 04:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsunexus View Post
Don't. It's the American "Easytype" version, not the regular Japanese FFIV translated to English. This wouldn't be an issue normally, except that they go out of their way to mislead you into thinking it's FFIV, it says in the description (paraphrasing) "but this game is actually Final Fantasy IV".

I called Nintendo Customer service and spoke to them about the situation, YOU WILL NOT GET YOUR WII POINTS REFUNDED. They're citing that they want to keep the Wii experience localized to America, which is a faulty reason considering you can buy games like Sin and Punishment and Puyo Puyo 2 which are both Japanese games that were never released on American soil. When I questioned them about this, they kept avoiding the subject, but they were firm on not refunding my points.

Don't make the same mistake I did, unless you actually want the bowlderised and easier American translation for some strange reason.
Oh joy, this will be fun.

On the shop channel, it is advertised as final fantasy 2, not 4, also its the snes, so its just going to be a straight copy of the original American snes cart. Also, the american Final Fantasy 2 is different than the japanese "easytype" version (the american version kept all the bosses and enemies, the only thing changed was some graphics (to remove nudity from summons) and making it a little bit easier, whereas the easytype version was made much easier than the american version, and replaced the final boss with a new version of zeromus who pretty much died when you hit attack.). So yes, it really is Final Fantasy 4, just a bit weaker, but not as weak as easytype.

Founder of the E.P.O.A.E.P.I.C.A.P.H.W.H. Looking for Recruits

XBL Gamertag: KING HATESTAR
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 10:40 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff The Ninja View Post

On the shop channel, it is advertised as final fantasy 2, not 4
No it isn't, not in the description.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 12:26 AM       
How dare they describe Final Fantasy 2 as Final Fantasy 4. How dare they lie to me!
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 10:29 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
How dare they describe Final Fantasy 2 as Final Fantasy 4. How dare they lie to me!
Considering that the two games are different, it's actually a big deal.

BTW, no idea what you have against me, but you'll have to do better than failing at sarcasm.
has a woody
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 01:05 PM       
It came out for SNES, GBA, and DS, two of which are better than what's on the Wii, and two of them were emulated on the Wii perfectly before it even came out on Virtual Console. Hell you could just run the hard-as-balls Japanese version with an english translation on an emulator if you wanted. And you could emulate that on the Wii, too.

Point is, you have, like 12 different ways to play the same poor RPG. Complaining about how the Virtual Console release isn't the super hard version that 8 whole people give a fuck about is like complaining about the iPhone release of FF1 not having that number minigame or whatever.

And Cecil's gay anyways so who gives a fuck?

Old Mar 17th, 2010, 01:16 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
It came out for SNES, GBA, and DS, two of which are better than what's on the Wii, and two of them were emulated on the Wii perfectly before it even came out on Virtual Console. Hell you could just run the hard-as-balls Japanese version with an english translation on an emulator if you wanted. And you could emulate that on the Wii, too.

Point is, you have, like 12 different ways to play the same poor RPG. Complaining about how the Virtual Console release isn't the super hard version that 8 whole people give a fuck about is like complaining about the iPhone release of FF1 not having that number minigame or whatever.

And Cecil's gay anyways so who gives a fuck?
It's the principle of the thing man. I wouldn't tell you that I'm selling you a copy of Blade Runner on Blu-Ray and then after you bought it, be all WHOOPS THAT ONE'S IN SPANISH, MY BAD. It's the same way with FFIV.

And yes, I do have the DS version, which destroys all previous incarnations. Only with that I was smart enough not to give my money to Square or Nintendo, because my copy exists as a ROM on a CycloDS Evolution.
has a woody
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 01:40 PM       
But if I already have like 3 copies of Blade Runner, VHS, DVD, and Blu-Ray, then I don't care if you're selling me a Spanish version of the movie. I wouldn't be mad, cause I wouldn't buy another copy from you anyways.

Plus, there's a difference: I wouldn't expect Nintendo to release some alternate version of a game. I expect them to give me the US release. And when I see "Final Fantasy II for Super Nintendo", I know that it's gonna be the US release.

Point is: almost everyone knew it would be the US version, and almost everyone has played it already and don't care. And Cecil's gay.

LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 02:24 PM       
I would just like to point out that Edge is enough of a man to more than make up for Cecil and Kane being homos in the closet and whats her face being a fag-hag.

But yeah... If you already have the DS version then why give a shit?
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 03:42 PM       
No one is arguing that Cecil isn't gay. He's Richard fucking Simmons in plate armor for chrissakes. What I'm saying is that both SE and Nintendo had a chance to make things right by finally giving us the version of the game that SHOULD have been released, but they didn't. I don't buy the cultural thing, if they were doing the authentic US experience then the only way you could get Japanese games would be to mod your Wii.

Meh fuck it. All I started this thread for was to warn people that the FF2 US VC description is potentially misleading, and that if you buy it you won't get a refund. Whether you feel ripped off, whether you feel I should feel ripped off or whether you think FF2 sucks donkey nuts is a whole other story.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 04:02 PM       
KNOCK IT OFF GUYS.

He didn't create this thread for you guys to talk in. Now go feel about things somewhere else.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 04:02 PM       
IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT GO BACK TO JAPAN

USA USA USA USA USA
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 09:36 PM       
I hope Nintendo enjoys your five bucks, you cheap bastard.