Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 05:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihach
i got my mixes and the flu on the same day plus black flag spelled my name wrong. but thats ok, cause then i listened to doles mix and it was the strangest thing i had heard in awhile, though my friends looked at me like i was crazy during the NSFW track
That makes me very happy. Hope you enjoyed it. (will explain that last track once everyone who has the cd has heard it).

Money coming your way BF, and cheers for sorting it all out like
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Rez is probably a spambot
Old Apr 23rd, 2006, 04:32 PM       
yeah dole, your mix is odd.
like, 1 in the morning listening to AM radio odd.
but then again, if i heard that on AM radio at 1 am i'd be pretty stoked.

so i liked it.

and yeah, i, along with everyone else who will hear it, will patiently wait for you to explain yourself about that mystery song.

"BUMMM"
OK
Black Flag is probably a spambot
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 08:51 AM       
alright everybody! get postin what you think of everybody's mixes!

also, i'd say this is the first(atleast the first one i was involved in) tape tree or mix exchange or whatever that was semi-successful! HOORAY!

iron mitchell is probably a spambot
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 10:18 AM        re:
things have been uber-hectic for me. i'm moving back to my hometown in two weeks and i'm trying to get a bunch of music i've recorded and have been sitting on forever released before i have to get to packing.
so far i've only listened to about 3/4 of dole's mix (the tracklisting insisted it would be good driving music), but i'll try and give everyone else's mix a listen soon, even if it means having to take a cd-player outside while i work on the releases (my stereo's big so that isn't as easy as it sounds).
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 12:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dole
One C60 cassette is circulated within the group - the object is to fit as many songs on the tape as possible, before sending it on to the second person.
The second person has to manually remove 2 minutes of the tape (the actual, physical tape itself) but re-dub the same track list on to the tape - removing only those parts of each song that are considered superfluous, and do not compromise any of the main, most memorable significant parts or themes of each song.

Once this is done, its passed onto the next person, and they then remove another two minutes, and so on and so on. The tape originally ends up with the person who created it, and they have to judge whether this highly edited version has compromised the spirit of any of the songs in their now highly-edited form.

If they judge it to be a success, ANOTHER, new compilation is started, circulated and gradually edited. The object is to ultimately fit as many entire compilations on to one cassette as possible. On the last one, we managed to fit 14 edited, 30-ish song compilations onto ONE C60 tape- it has to be heard to be believed, its fucking amazing.
I unfortunately wasn't checking the boards much when this tape tree started, or else I would have joined, but I just wanted to say that I read this post of Dole's just now and it made me laugh my fucking ass off.

Old Apr 27th, 2006, 01:05 PM        re:
i never said anything about dole's post because i just kept wishing someone else would actually be interested in doing that!
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 04:46 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Flag

also, i'd say this is the first(atleast the first one i was involved in) tape tree or mix exchange or whatever that was semi-successful! HOORAY!
I am interested in receiving one of these mixes. I need some mail worth while.

Old Apr 27th, 2006, 08:47 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperwulf
Quote:

I am interested in receiving one of these mixes. I need some mail worth while.
go back in time about three months and join the tree!
Official forum judge
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 09:00 PM       
Danm danm danm danm danm danm danm danm........next time. Thank you, Blackflag, for NOT replying to my PM, so I would NOT look like an idiot.
OK
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 04:29 PM       
man i don't have any part in your inability to read and comprehend
Official forum judge
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 04:40 PM       
Quote:
man i don't have any part in your inability to read and comprehend
Ok. I wasnt really paying attention to when it stopped. You still coulda pmed me back. Anyways, it doesn't really matter now.

Old Apr 28th, 2006, 09:07 PM        re:
besides, we already had a canadian.
Ihach is probably a spambot
Old Apr 29th, 2006, 11:29 PM       
damn straight
OK
Old May 17th, 2006, 09:12 PM       
finals week is over and a little time without a ton of work so i finally got a chance to listen to mixes a bit!

opinions so far!:

ihach - first mix i listened to! pretty good but i definitely couldn't listen to it if i was tired at all! also it was more familiar than most the other mixes because of the mogwai, beach boys, and echo & the bunnymen

dole - man oh man i love your mix. i ripped it and put it on my ipod so i could listen to it at work. although now i gotta be really careful that when i have it plugged into the speakers on random that a certain track doesn't pop up. the frank zappa burt ward stuff is awesome.

glowbelly - there was a point towards the beginning of the middle of the mix where i was all "this is such a glowbelly mix" but it wasn't as predictable as i'd expected after that. i'm in love with that 3 little fishies song.

rez - me and my girlfriend listened to your mix while getting all the stuff together to mail. unfortunately i've misplaced it since than and haven't gotten a chance to listen to it again. it was pretty fun when i listened to it BUT funny story, while i was listening to it on my computer i had some pop up on my computer that periodically made this car beeping noise and i didn't notice it. so i just though you somehow super-imposed this car horn noise every so often in your mix and thought "man his mix is good except this super annoying honk, god why'd he do that?" then after the mix ended and the noise continued i immediately felt stupid.

iron mitchell - i'm listening to your mixes as i type this so i'll talk about it later. i'm sure i'll absolutely love it. UPDATE!: I listened to your mix with 18 tracks and theres a ton of good stuff on there. I've already listened to shallow breath like 10 times.
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old May 18th, 2006, 05:05 AM       
Glad you enjoyed the mix BF! I havent listened to anyones yet, which is appaling behaviour, but I have the excuse I am getting married in about 36 hours! I will give them all a good listen over the next week or two. Looking forward to it!
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old May 18th, 2006, 04:08 PM       
haha, i didnt even send one
OK
Old May 18th, 2006, 06:59 PM       
oh well you both have r names!
Official forum judge
Old May 18th, 2006, 07:24 PM       
Could someone pm my ass when the next recordings are mailed?