Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Mocker
theapportioner is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 11:38 PM       
It -is- a fiction, retard. It's a social construction based on trivial genetic differences. And it is not necessarily a timeless thing -- much of our modern racist legacy stems not from slavery or the reconstruction, but from the racially-charged labor clashes between the Irish and Italian immigrants towards the blacks in the turn of the 20th century. Only then did "white" come to include the Irish, and especially the Italians. This is to illustrate how these identities develop, and change.

(Interesting note: Surprisingly, a pan-Irish identity did not really exist until the mass waves of immigration to the United States -- in Ireland, they had self-identified more with their communities and local counties or whatever, but they banded together after coming to America. I suspect it may be the same way with the Italians and other ethnicities here, but I don't know enough to comment on these.).

Quote:
it is people like you who are destroying the west.
No, just trying to destroy the ass-backwards beliefs that are thwarting human progress.