Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Jul 6th, 2006, 12:45 PM       
I'm currently running through Treasures of the Rudras. Pretty cool

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 6th, 2006, 06:57 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman
Playable characters in SH3 include a drunken cat, a deranged ninja, a gun-fu indian, and a mariachi. You should play it, if only for that.
I didn't know Silent Hill was that wacky!
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jul 7th, 2006, 10:43 AM       
the movie totally got it wrong
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jul 11th, 2006, 08:39 PM       
I know this is like six months late but I just found my camera cord.

Mocker

James sucks
Old Jul 12th, 2006, 03:44 PM       
So, I have ADD.

I suddenly remembered a time when I was home sick from school, and my mom went to some tag sales. She came home with a Sega Genesis game that she thought I might enjoy; Super Hydlide.

Well, I didn't enjoy it. But I thought I might enjoy it now in delicious ROM form! It's not... AS bad, but... eh.

The game is an action RPG with some interesting elements to it. You gain EXP that you spend on levelling up OR magic spells. There are also good an bad monsters, and killing good ones lowers your Morality. There's also a weight system, where you can only carry so much before you character walks super-slow. Also, you have to eat and sleep.

Interesting concepts, but poor execution. Days are short, so you feel pretty rushed to do actual quests. Needing to eat means wasting precious space on food rations. Movement in general is pretty choppy too, and the whole game looks and sounds like it's an NES game.

The plus side is that the game is REALLY, REALLY short. I just beat the first boss, which is about halfway through the game.

So yeah. I SHOULD be able to play through this game quickly enough. Then MAYBE, I'll finally be ready to play FF Tactics again. I just can't shake the feeling of dread I have over that game. :/
Level 29 ♂
Old Jul 12th, 2006, 07:35 PM       
It sounds like an NES game because Hydlide IS an NES game, and probably one of the worst ever created. You have to run into monsters and hold B to attack them, while taking damage.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 12th, 2006, 09:18 PM       
is it worse than Ys
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jul 12th, 2006, 10:24 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu
It sounds like an NES game because Hydlide IS an NES game, and probably one of the worst ever created. You have to run into monsters and hold B to attack them, while taking damage.
Yes, but this is SUPER Hydlide.

It's still pretty terrible. But hey, I'm halfway through!
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 12th, 2006, 10:36 PM       
i tried playing it on a emulator but i must be doing something wrong b/c it won't get past the character creation screen, it gives me some "unregistered" message
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 13th, 2006, 12:46 PM       
So I just started playing tales of symphonia for the gamecube. It's pretty much the worst thing ever. I hate every single cliche anime character in this game, especially colette, LOLOL GUYS I'M THE CHOSEN ONE I HAVE ANGEL WINGS AND SUCK AT EVERYTHING I'LL DO MY BEST LOL GODESS MARTEL I BEG OF YOU TO REVEAL THY GLORY ANGEL FEATHERS ATTACK LOL

Also the music makes me want to stab myself through the head and the voice acting isn't much better. The only redeeming quality about the game is the 4 person co-op mode that lets you team up with your friends, but I don't really see the point of doing it in this game when I could do it in other, better games.
so yeah, stay away from it.
Level 29 ♂
Old Jul 13th, 2006, 01:47 PM       
i like tales of symphonia.

though tales of phantasia or whatever is supremely better.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 13th, 2006, 02:35 PM       
now that I started it I have to finish it because that's the rules
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 14th, 2006, 10:45 AM       
ok, so, like, I'm about 14 hours into it now, and it has actually gotten better to the point where I am HAVING FUN with it. Also, I <3 Sheena.
StupidNinja is probably a spambot
Old Jul 16th, 2006, 08:26 PM       
For PC only;

-Planescape torment

-Icewindale I & II

-Divine Divinity,Beyond Divinity

-Sacred

-Pool of radiance

-Blade of Severance (although more action-orientated and realtime)

and the new game Titan Quest(hack & slash RPG like diablo)

Note that the mayority of the list are with Dungeon & Dragon settings and rules.
Marc Summers is probably a spambot
Old Jul 16th, 2006, 08:34 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman
So I just started playing tales of symphonia for the gamecube. It's pretty much the worst thing ever. I hate every single cliche anime character in this game, especially colette, LOLOL GUYS I'M THE CHOSEN ONE I HAVE ANGEL WINGS AND SUCK AT EVERYTHING I'LL DO MY BEST LOL GODESS MARTEL I BEG OF YOU TO REVEAL THY GLORY ANGEL FEATHERS ATTACK LOL

Also the music makes me want to stab myself through the head and the voice acting isn't much better. The only redeeming quality about the game is the 4 person co-op mode that lets you team up with your friends, but I don't really see the point of doing it in this game when I could do it in other, better games.
so yeah, stay away from it.
Tales of Legendia sounds almost exactly the same
Senel finds out his sister is the Merines, which is some sorta goddess thing. Then they find out that she's a leftover from some ancient (and therefore technically more advanced) civilization and would be their leader if they were still around. Then she finds out that there's some people still alive and that she's used for some big cannon thingy. She goes through some PMS "I HATE EVERYONE AND I WANT THEM TO DIE" phase and she almost activates it and then she starts crying and some stupid shit happens on top of the pile of dung that is the Tales of Legendia story.

The battles were fun, though.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jul 16th, 2006, 10:53 PM       
Placed an order today on Amazon, that included Xenogears.

I'm at a point in Super Hydlide where I can level up once a day (in game time), and I'm powering myself up as much as I can before it gets too tedious. Right now, I'm almost at Level 20.

Basically, I wanna just tear through the rest of the game. And the best way to do that is to level up obsessively while it's super-easy, so that i can slaughter everything later in the game.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 12:11 AM       
after about 15 hours the story and acting get like a million times better in symphonia. also lol @ 2d graphics and no co-op in legendia.

And your annoying female lead sounds nothing like mine, who is retarded and apologizes like every 5 minutes. even when she gets hurt shes all LOL SORRY, she's kind of like that guy that got shot by dick cheney and then APOLOGIZED for getting in the way of the bullets
Marc Summers is probably a spambot
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 12:59 AM       
There weren't any 2-D graphics in Legendia. The environments were 3 dimensional. The battles took place on a 2-D plane, but used 3-D models. It's called 2.5-D.

The female lead used a pen as her weapon, in which she would draw a butterfly that would fly at the enemy and sprinkle some weird pixie dust in the hope that it may cause minor damage. She even sucked at healing.

But, my absolute favorite part of the whole game was when this he-she in my party gets his ass kicked around by his old master. Not the playful sparring type. It was more like slapping him around, then punching his face till he fell over, calling him trash like 50 times, then kicking his limp unconsious body until he woke up and started crying. The most interesting part of the game wasn't even the main story, it was the 2nd half of the game where it goes into each character's past and you're like "Oh shit, that's freaky" when you learn about it.
Level 29 ♂
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 09:42 AM       
I've never heard of Legendia.

But from the sounds of it, they basically just recycle the story from Tales of Phantasia over and over again.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 12:35 PM       
wasn't phantasia about time traveling and shit?
Banned

Juttin is probably a spambot
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 01:36 PM       
I've been re-beating Legends of Dragoon lately.

I just remembered how much it used to rule, when it's graphics were "Cutting Edge"

Also, I think it kicks ass

It froze right when I beat the 2nd visage, though.

Oh well, I hit 200+ and I'm like, 1/10 through Platinum Shadow
Banned

Old Jul 17th, 2006, 01:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid
Oh, and the worst translation fuck up in the entire game was when that annoying chick with the mallet said "mell of a hess" instead of hell of a mess. That made me turn it off and do something else for a bit.
I thought that was just her way of speaking :/
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 02:39 PM       
What's left for me to do in Super Hydlide;

-Find stupid lights
-Kill stupid boss
-Go to stupid last area of game
-Kill stupid final boss

I'm at level 22 now, so along the way I may still level up a little more, like up to level 25 just for the HP boosts.

The weight system sucks so bad. You're basically forbidden from using all the best items in the game (in particular, at the same time) because your weight allowance never gets high enough. In fact, the more you level up, the lower your weight capacity increase is. My last one was only 300, when earlier in the game, it was going up by 2000 or such. So basically, there are things like special armor and weapons that taunt you with their high power, but they're too heavy to carry. So you either sell them off for money you don't need, or you just throw them out.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 18th, 2006, 10:38 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid
Oh, and the worst translation fuck up in the entire game was when that annoying chick with the mallet said "mell of a hess" instead of hell of a mess. That made me turn it off and do something else for a bit.
FISSION MAILED
Banned

Old Jul 18th, 2006, 12:49 PM       
Fission Mailed was purposely spelt that way :/