Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Dec 23rd, 2007, 08:48 AM       
lol, I finished it ;<

There are supposedly four endings, and I'm assuming I got one of the bad ones because it was really abrupt and anti climactic, didn't explain any of the happenings in the game, and spoilers!

You guys know those games where you're having fun but are incredibly frustrated at the same time (see also, Manhunt 2)? Afraid of Monsters is one of those. The lack of visibility in most levels is fucking ridiculous (see previoius screenshots) and completely unnecessary because it doesn't add to the game's atmosphere at all. Plus, the real scares come when you hit segments where the game plunges into scribble hallucinations and incredibly surreal level design not unlike Constantine's mansion in Thief.

I liked it for the short time that it lasted, despite some ridiculous parts where I had to antigravity cheat to be able to kill all the zombies rushing to clusterfuck me while I had no ammo and only an extremely slow melee weapon to defend myself with. So yeah if you guys are looking for a quick and really creepy freebie game and don't mind having to turn your gamma up to ridiculous levels check this out mabye.