Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 23rd, 2006, 02:22 AM        Killer 7
I was a little skeptical about this game at first since every preview I'd ever seen of it made the game look abhorrently gay but one of my friends had been raving about it for the last month so I finally caved in and bought the game used for ten bucks and I'm glad I did. The screenshots I'd seen for it made the cel shading look corny as hell but it's actually looks pretty stylish in the game and only rarely comes of as lame, plus I loved the surreal story line. I was gonna compare it to some of Takashi Miike's work but since I've only seen one of his movies I felt like I might be overstepping my boundaries. It's to bad the gameplay kills any real replay value the game might have had, sometimes I'd start wondering if it was possible that I might have somehow stumbled on to the internet and was playing one of the shitty choice your own adventure games on Newgrounds. Also it might have been smart of them to have put in some kind of movie viewer so I don't have to play through an entire level to see a particular cinema scene, if I really wanted to see one I could probably just download it off the internet but it would have still been convenient.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 24th, 2006, 02:18 AM       
I just read a plot analysis on this game, I wish someone had told me every thing in it had a deeper, metaphorical meaning and wasn't just a of bunch wacky shit strung together. Like everything in Silent Hill 2 has an underlying theme (mannequin legs represent James sexual frustration, the hunks of frozen meat you see when you fight Eddie are wearing Eddie's pants as if Silent Hill it's self is mocking him, etc), I'd probably of enjoyed a hell of a lot more.