Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What Video Games?
Angryhydralisk is probably a spambot
Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 10:30 AM       
I was about to enjoy some Diablo 2 but my computer fucking gave up on it, rather than myself.

I also gave up on Diddy Kong Racing because it was the most overrated game at the time.

j/k fuck them
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 11:12 AM       
so the first Elder Scrolls game runs at about 5 FPS max on my pc for some reason :<

Last edited by Guitar Woman : Apr 2nd, 2008 at 12:55 PM.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 12:54 PM       
Quote:
Running 0.62 Output - opengl (have also used ddraw, but it dies if the screen gets pulled away -- failing of DirectDraw API from Microsoft) CPU - dynamic Cycles - 30,000 Frameskip - 0 Scaler - normal2x. These settings hover my CPU usage around 93% while running the game. The machine in question is a Pentium 4 3.06 GHz. I can't help but think that setting cycles to 150,000 (5X higher than my settings) would swamp any machine available... Motion and action are fluid, at least as fluid as any machine I actually ran the game on when it came out... This runs quite smoothly for me. The main things I've found for accelerating _all_ games under DOSbox, but especially 3D games, is to make sure you are NOT using "surface" as your output. Any of the other outputs (overlay, opengl, etc) will provide a factor of 2 speed increase. Similarly, since 0.62 has improved dynamic cpu support, that appears to grant another 2X speed increase. Very cool, guys!
Jesus fucking christ ;<
Banned
layla17 is probably a spambot
Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 01:45 PM       
I gave up on GTA San Andreas at the abandoned airfield. I couldn't get past the flying mission.
Feel the guilt
Fat_Hippo is probably a spambot
Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 02:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by layla17 View Post
I gave up on GTA San Andreas at the abandoned airfield. I couldn't get past the flying mission.
Yep, flying can be pretty tough, but if you've still got your savegame, I've got a tip for you: instead of going cross country through all the trees, go around over the water, to and back, and you should still have enough time. Worked for me.
He speaks truth!
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 02:54 PM       
The first time I played through San Andreas I spent literally hours trying to complete flying school. On my second play through I think I moved through flying school in less than half an hour.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Feel the guilt
Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 02:58 PM       
Ditto. It's like learning to ride a bike. Difficult to learn, but once you've got the hang of it, it's no problem.
He speaks truth!
Danskjävlar!
Mintrude is probably a spambot
Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 04:17 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_Hippo View Post
Yep, flying can be pretty tough, but if you've still got your savegame, I've got a tip for you: instead of going cross country through all the trees, go around over the water, to and back, and you should still have enough time. Worked for me.
This man speaketh the truth.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 04:20 PM       
man i <3 the harrier in that game
Banned
BongHitMan is probably a spambot
Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 10:10 PM       
You have to ease into oblivion, like a nice new velvet sportcoat robe
Pick the thief class....robbing FTW lol!
^_6
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 12:47 AM       
you have to ease into shutting up
!!!

T-Rex is probably a spambot
Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 06:20 AM       
I really liked playing Final Fantasy 7. I'm not too great at these games because I really like the story, but I hate turn based combat. So whenever I got into a fight with like a mushroom thing, or something I never HAD to battle, I just ran away. As a result, my characters never gained a lot of battle experience and when I came face to face with a really major boss I would get totally molested in like a minute. I can see how some peeps like the idea of upgrading of your characters abilities and stuff, but it's way too much management for me to do without getting bored fast. I liked watching the Final Fantasy 7 movie 'Advent Children' more than I did playing the game.
Feel the guilt
Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 11:30 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
I'm not too great at these games because I really like the story.
Sorry, but I don't see the logic here.
He speaks truth!
!!!

T-Rex is probably a spambot
Old Apr 4th, 2008, 06:58 AM       
"I really like the story (COMMA) but..."

This -> "," is not the same as this -> "."
Feel the guilt
Old Apr 4th, 2008, 10:20 AM       
A "(COMMA) but" are not the same as a "because", T-Rex.
He speaks truth!
No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old Apr 4th, 2008, 12:24 PM       
I'm sure I haven't finished a lot just because I wasn't interested, but the only game I just fucking gave up on was Hugo's House of Horrors. If you've never played it, it's basically Resident Evil with the graphics of Oregon Trail. Your character is completely controlled by verbal commands, so if you're saying "lift vase" instead of "raise vase", congratulations, you'll never get the cork to plug the hole in your raft. Maybe a dog already ate you.

I think my dad and I were close to the end of the game (you can get there in 10 minutes but the game is SO GODDAMN HARD it felt epic), when we came to a mummy blocking a door. He asked "who is the author of Dracula?" My dad doesn't read fiction, and this was before Al Gore invented the internet. We had to go to the library and come back, then in the next room a dog ate us.

Fuck that game

-Sethomas, Cunning Linguist
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Apr 6th, 2008, 03:56 AM       
You didn't know the author of Dracula? I loved the Hugo games. All three were great, but I remember fucking hating Hugo 3 when I was a kid.

That was very funny. Well done.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Apr 6th, 2008, 09:35 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
The first time I played through San Andreas I spent literally hours trying to complete flying school. On my second play through I think I moved through flying school in less than half an hour.
I agree fully. I think it was like, the bank left and land that I just couldn't do. For one I kept stalling and realized that my landing gear was down, I did that about 30 times.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 6th, 2008, 01:38 PM       
I got stuck in the Witch Doctor's place in Hugo as a kid, and I never got out until I was like... 17 :<
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Apr 6th, 2008, 03:47 PM       
Yeah, that's why I hated Hugo 3. I remember something involving the rat, but I also remember the witch doctor fucking bolting over and killing me if he saw me try to escape.

That was very funny. Well done.
Kilgore Cod is probably a spambot
Old Apr 6th, 2008, 07:17 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
I've beaten 10 too and even had the patience to play all that goddamn Blitzball in order to get all the ultimate weapons. It's the only real Final Fantasy game I've played.
Actually I did give up on Blitzball. Worst FF minigame ever. Wakka was left without his ultimate weapon. I mean, I even got that one weapon where you had to dodge 200 lightning strikes!
Disastah Blastah
Action Ham is probably a spambot
Old Apr 6th, 2008, 11:12 PM       
The Immortal.

Seriously. Fuck. That.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 6th, 2008, 11:29 PM       
Oh god, The fucking Immortal.

When I was a kid, I got ahold of the passwords for all the levels, and I got the point where I could beat them all, except that one puzzle where you had to drop the gems at 3 specific spots to open the way. Then years later, I looked it up online, and the answer still pissed me off.

Disastah Blastah
Action Ham is probably a spambot
Old Apr 6th, 2008, 11:39 PM       
You got past the room with all the worms?

/que the old "one guy starts to slowly clap, then speed up. And then everybody claps" bit from Lucas.

EDIT: Also, I think I gave up on a Duke Nukem game back when I was a bit younger, my balls aren't made of steel.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 6th, 2008, 11:45 PM       
Zomboid: "the witch doctor fucking bolting over"

That description in and of itself explains that you not only played that game, but also hated it with all the passion that is called out of your soul when you feel so smart for the rest of the game, and you can't beat a fucking witch doctor, and this fucking rat is scurrying all over the place, mocking you