Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 09:57 AM       
Ugh, I hate wall to wall people. I dont even like sitting next to someone i dont know.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 11:52 AM       
We had two fat, scraggly Nashville women fans beside us in airbrushed shirts. They kept yelling. "C'mawn boys, get 'em!"
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 11:57 AM       
Hahahha the last game I went to, we had a two hipsters behind us yelling "PUCK CONTROL"

They guy in front of us was a high-five maniac.

Also: Hopefully your new burrito drop pic is crisper. They other one was great, but fuzzy motion phone pics are the norm. I love the idea of burritos drop from the sky on parachutes. Who the fuck came up with that.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 02:59 PM       
Here are some pictures I took, I hope that these resized appropriately. If not sry sry sry till I get it fixed.

They renamed the box office the "Big Lots Box Office", which is lame as all hell and, as someone I know pointed out, makes it sound like they sell tickets to the games no one else wants to go to. These people are students waiting for the last minute student section to open up. Everything else was sold out.

Line of students curving around the block. I had to step over one to get to Tim Horton's (big round building behind them).

Warmups. Mr. Kitsa has a mancrush on #40 Jared Boll. (3rd in from right)

BUT HE ALSO LIKES HOCKEY AMIRITE HIGHFIVE

Stinger plays behind the badguy from Karate Kid?

Cameraman started to film me holding my daughter, but then the person whose seat he was sitting in came back from the bathroom and he moved. No airtime for us.

Parachute shot 1. I don't think it was chipotle this time, I think it was water bottles, but the delivery method was identical.

Someone grabbing one.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 09:55 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
NHL.com bracket, shall we try this? I know it doesn't work like the NCAA, hell I don't even know how it works. I assume it fixes the seeds and matches after each game for you.

Anyways, I created a league and I had to email myself the link.

http://playoffschallenge.nhl.com/pla...ALxSQjCI.email

The brackets name is

IMockery

the password is

whitepig

April 28th is when you can fill out the bracket.
Alright, last game of the season is over and the brackets can be filled out. GO KINGS
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 10:05 PM       
Ok, I fucked up on that tiebreaker thing, I misread it and thought it said winning team points when it said total points...tried to fix it but don't know if it took...oh well. Here goes nothing and I fully expect to have my bracket all kinds of wrong.
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 10:29 PM       
I get an error every time I look up someone else's bracket.
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 10:38 PM       
Bobrovsky is fucking amazing.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=35&id=243214&cmpid=nhl-twt
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 10:45 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
I get an error every time I look up someone else's bracket.
yeah, i get a 505 err too. maybe it wont let you peek until it starts. thats how th bball one is. you can edit your bracket.
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 10:52 PM       
Nothing about the chutes, tadao?
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 12:14 AM       
I didn't say? Those things are awesome. I wouldnt care about whats attached to them. A water bottle does sound like a bad idea if a chute doesnt open
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 01:00 AM       
I was trying to get a close look at one to see the construction. A lot of times when people win the papa johns pizzas, they just take out the gift card and leave the box under the seat. I was hoping someone would have kept the water bottle and ditched a parachute- wanted to grab one just to see how it was made. They'd almost have to make sure they were open and spread out before they dropped them, otherwise they'd just be dropping shit on people from the rafters.

The giveaway that night was team posters. There was an asshole going around during intermissions, stealing posters that people had stuck behind their seat while they were in the bathroom or whatever. I also noticed that he had about 4 t-shirt-cannon shirts on at once, so he must just be one of those freebie-grubbing bastards that would just grab anything. I bet he got a water bottle (

I have only ever "won" things from the CBJ twice, and the first time was more of a favor. I couldn't make it to a Boll signing and his manager had me send my poster to him. It was signed and fedexed back to me within the week. Then I did some sort of papa johns vote for a pizza thing, and I won tickets through that. Couldn't go that night and had to give them to a cousin
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 09:58 AM       
It looks like the chutes are colapsable, so Im guessing that they dangle them off the rafter and trust they open. Maybe they have a device that keeps the chute open before the drop them. Either way, Im surprised no one has been splattered by a burrito.
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 10:43 AM       
I think according to that one article, the "burritos" were a shirt and a coupon for a free burrito wrapped like a burrito in a wrapper. Honestly, it did look like it was raining burritos, so great effect.
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 10:47 AM       
Speaking of dropping shit on people from the rafters, I had a friend who worked in Merchandising for the Chicago Theatre. She had an office on this high balcony overlooking all of the merchandising stalls in the lobby. I went to see her one time and she was leaned out over the balcony holding a stapler in her hand, honestly debating dropping it three stories to see what would happen. I told her it was probably a bad idea dropping something as dense and heavy as a stapler from that height. Then we looked down and realized that if she'd dropped it, it would have landed square on Oprah and her entourage, who had shown up for a matinee of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.

Therefore, I saved Oprah's life.

Honest to god.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 10:48 AM       
Ah! That makes sense. Earlier this morning I found this on google, but the weight limit seemed to mot apply. There is a video at the bottom. I guess this company sells these type of parachutes to sporting events.

http://www.gameops.com/premium-givea...rize-parachute

also, I think Oprahs fat head could easily take a stapler from 20 stories.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 10:54 AM       
So the games start again tomorrow and I cant find on on my local channels. My dish package has 8 espn channels but they always say alternative and seem to have nothing on them.

I hope to god that this stupid nhl.com 50 dollar thing I bought a few months ago lets me actually watch a fucking Kings game.
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 10:56 AM       
You know, that's what made her instantly identifiable, apart from the cameras and security and cloud of hangers-on, and the House Manager falling over herself in her rush to be the one to greet her. She had a massive head. This was during her "look at this wagon load of fat I lost" days, in the early 90s.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 06:38 PM       
I think I gonna start dropping burritos off of buildings and yell BURRITO DROP. There will be no parachute though.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 09:51 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
Ok, I fucked up on that tiebreaker thing
Thanks, Kit, I totally missed the tiebreaker in the final. It saved as "zero" goals scored in the final, which would have been rather odd. Still, is it the total number of goals in the final GAME or in the final ROUND? Maybe this is what separates the hockey wannabes from the hockey playas.

Wait until tomorrow night to check out how ridiculous we all did. Or me at any rate.

Go Flyers! (wait, what?)
You may already be there.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 11:42 PM       
PICKS ARE LOCKED IN, BITCHES.
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 11:50 PM       
I took it as goals in the final game, but what the fuck do I know. I've never done a bracket before.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 30th, 2013, 04:53 AM       
If it's goals in the last game, then I have both teams skating 6 on 6 for 3 periods.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Bracket Challenge
In Round Four, predict total goals scored as a tiebreaker.
I'd guess by the wording that means total goals in the final round, and not in the final game.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Apr 30th, 2013 at 05:09 AM. Reason: Search for the truth
after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 30th, 2013, 05:01 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by AChimp View Post
PICKS ARE LOCKED IN, BITCHES.
Nah, you can still edit your brackets (I did) - up until 8:00 PM EDT this evening (4/30/13)
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 30th, 2013, 06:35 AM       
if that's the case, I bombed that one big time. I'd better fix it.