Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Dec 25th, 2003, 12:55 AM        My vegetarianism.....
.....may be coming to an end on Christmas day. I don't really want to get into my reasoning for it right now, and most of you newer mockers could probably care less. But some of the vets, including Carni, might consider this a win for the "good guys."

I will probably eat some turkey. I won't make a habit of that however, and if I eat meat habitually, it'll be primarily fish.

uhhh, yup.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Dec 25th, 2003, 02:13 AM       
LOOKS LIKE MEAT'S BACK ON THE MENU, BOYS

WE HAVE HIM NOW

REMEMBER THE FIRST ONE IS FREE
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Dec 25th, 2003, 02:34 AM       
We'll have him back to mainlining steroid inflated beef slabs in no time.
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Dec 25th, 2003, 07:44 AM       
When I first moved to Toronto I roomed in a house full of jazz musicians that where vegetarians. They always looked pale and had no energy and in the winter would eat soy and sprouts and canned vegetables. I couldn't see any benifet of being a vegetarian health wise.
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Dec 25th, 2003, 01:03 PM       

Ahhhhh, the transformation is at hand. Good work, everyone! Full-blown meatatarianism is just around the corner.

"....and to drink....... meatballs."
-Homer Simpson

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Dec 25th, 2003, 03:04 PM       
well I hope your stomach doesn't get upset eating it. I thought if you don't eat meat for years that it will upset your stomach till you get used to it again? Maybe that's just if you eat too much?
ah...How the fuck should I know anyway.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Dec 25th, 2003, 03:08 PM       
It's not that big a deal Kev, people fall off the meat-wagon and hop on again all the time. Half of the vegetarians I know still eat some kind of meat from time to time. Hell, a girl I worked with recently was telling me she was a vegetarian for the longest time, and then I found out that she scarfs down shrimp like a mofo.

In the end, I say just eat whatever you feel like eating. If it's meat, fine. If it's salad, fine. If it's absurd amounts of sugar that no human should really eat if he/she wants to live a long life... rock on.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Dec 25th, 2003, 04:16 PM       
If it's dog turds, that's NOT fine.
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Dec 25th, 2003, 04:30 PM       
What's the life span of a the true vegan anyway?
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Dec 25th, 2003, 06:16 PM       
I don't know, but I remember reading an article about two vegans who tried to nurse their child on home-made soy milk and they got it taken away by social services because of malnourishment and neglect. For one thing, I don't know why you would home-make your soy milk instead of just buying it, because some of the stuff you can buy is really good. It even says in big red letters on the side of Silk boxes "DO NOT NURSE BABIES ON SOY MILK"
Mocker
Old Dec 25th, 2003, 08:29 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu
I don't know, but I remember reading an article about two vegans who tried to nurse their child on home-made soy milk and they got it taken away by social services because of malnourishment and neglect. For one thing, I don't know why you would home-make your soy milk instead of just buying it, because some of the stuff you can buy is really good. It even says in big red letters on the side of Silk boxes "DO NOT NURSE BABIES ON SOY MILK"
This was an exceptional case. Two retards fed their young baby grains, nuts, and soy milk. They weren't stupid vegans, they were simply stupid people...

I'm not sure about life span data, etc., but I do know that asian countries, which consume far less meat than western ones, folks have longer life spans. They predominantly eat fish, me thinks.

I did in fact eat meat today, a little bit of turkey. I will probably only eat fish, however. I know people go on and off the vegetarian wagon all the time, but I don't want to be like that. A lot of those people do it for the title, or whatever. I no longer consider myself a vegetarian, even if I end up rarely ever eating meat. :/
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Dec 25th, 2003, 08:38 PM       
Some vegetarians do eat fish and eggs and don't consider it meat. They're lacto-ovo vegetarians or something like that. I forget the exact name.
Mocker
Old Dec 25th, 2003, 08:41 PM       
I'm a geek for knowing this, but yes, I was a lacto-ovo-vegetarian. I was never a hardcore vegan by any means, but I was however a fairly devout lacto-ovo for almost five years.

The vegetarians who eat fish are called pesca-vegetarians, yes.
Resident Chimp
Old Dec 25th, 2003, 10:43 PM       
WAS YOUR ROASTED TURKEY FLESH GOOD?
LOL INTERNETS
Command Prompt is probably a spambot
Old Dec 26th, 2003, 01:19 AM       
Space Viking Repo Man
Zbu Manowar is probably a spambot
Old Dec 26th, 2003, 02:41 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcdxxxx
What's the life span of a the true vegan anyway?
Not long. I had a co-worker once who was a pure Vegan. She ws the laughingstock of work because she suffered from a variety of health problems that essentially made her a freak (like the time she told us of her swollen blackened clitoris...oh the fun). And the funny thing was she was really pale, constant rings under her eyes, and never went a day without breaking into tears and feeling 'all weak.'

Geez, eat some meat.
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Dec 26th, 2003, 08:56 AM       
Asian countries have longer life spans? NO SHIT!!! MAYBE THAT'S BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO EXERCISE!!!

I have a feeling it is more about that, combined with limited access to junk food, that makes them live longer. After all, the Atkins diet was roughly determined to be accurate.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 26th, 2003, 09:26 AM       
I thought only Japan had to exercise. Fatty.
Mocker
Old Dec 26th, 2003, 10:54 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The One and Only...
Asian countries have longer life spans? NO SHIT!!! MAYBE THAT'S BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO EXERCISE!!!

I have a feeling it is more about that, combined with limited access to junk food, that makes them live longer. After all, the Atkins diet was roughly determined to be accurate.
Geez, for a guy who calls himself "policy oriented," you just made quitea few ignorantly broad strokes.

1. Does every Asian get forced at gun point to exercise...? No. Certainly, having it in the corporate workplace and some schools helps, but this isn't mandated everywhere, and to say every Asian country does it, and that it's attributable to their better health is pushing it. Americans are exercise crazy too, they just also like to eat shit.

2. I agree on the limited access to junk food, but just because they have limited access to processed, traded junk doesn't mean they don't have and eat their own junk.

3. Atkin's Diet. Right. Like the KFC "eat all chicken it's good for you" campaign that was pulled b/c it was retarded...? The Atkins diet is HIGHLY questionable, as is a strictly vegan diet......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manowar
Not long. I had a co-worker once who was a pure Vegan. She ws the laughingstock of work because she suffered from a variety of health problems that essentially made her a freak (like the time she told us of her swollen blackened clitoris...oh the fun). And the funny thing was she was really pale, constant rings under her eyes, and never went a day without breaking into tears and feeling 'all weak.'
Good Lord, everybody who is addicted to meat like heroin has that "one vegan friend" story, and rather than figuring out why that particular vegan was unhealthy and unhappy, they just assume that that's every vegan (btw, it's most certainly not).

Imagine it from the flipped perspective. I live in a town of vegans, and we meet a fat ass who eats fried foods and McDonalds hamburgers every day. He's unhealthy, can't walk a block without getting winded, and has REALLY high cholersterol. Should I thus assume that this one irresponsible person is reflective of ALL meat eaters....?
Mocker
Old Dec 26th, 2003, 12:07 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinTheHerbivore
1. Does every Asian get forced at gun point to exercise...? No. Certainly, having it in the corporate workplace and some schools helps, but this isn't mandated everywhere, and to say every Asian country does it, and that it's attributable to their better health is pushing it. Americans are exercise crazy too, they just also like to eat shit.
I wasn't talking about forced exercise programs. Most Asian countries don't have as much access to cars, etc. for transportation.

Besides, if we are talking about Asian countries overall, it is reasonable to say that they do exercise more even if we are only talking about mandated programs.

Quote:
2. I agree on the limited access to junk food, but just because they have limited access to processed, traded junk doesn't mean they don't have and eat their own junk.
I doubt it is as bad for you, and it probably takes more effort to attain.

Quote:
3. Atkin's Diet. Right. Like the KFC "eat all chicken it's good for you" campaign that was pulled b/c it was retarded...? The Atkins diet is HIGHLY questionable, as is a strictly vegan diet......
The Atkin's Diet was approved by the government. Unless you are going to tell me it is a conspiracy...

On the KFC diet, the reason it was retarded was due to the breading on chicken.

The best diet you could have would probably be rich in fish with some beef and vegetables, and perhaps a few dairies...
Resident Chimp
Old Dec 26th, 2003, 01:42 PM       
Umm... the reason the KFC diet was retarded was the fact that it was all DEEP FRIED IN OIL. The breading is nothing more than bread crumbs, flour and spices.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Dec 26th, 2003, 01:50 PM       
I don't think that a strictly vegan diet directly correlates to poor health. I think the poor health results from a failure to substitute proper protein from non-meat products and a lack of nutritional knowledge.

Wherever you go, there you are.
Mocker
Old Dec 26th, 2003, 03:42 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by AChimp
Umm... the reason the KFC diet was retarded was the fact that it was all DEEP FRIED IN OIL. The breading is nothing more than bread crumbs, flour and spices.
That too, but the bread does add carbs.
Resident Chimp
Old Dec 26th, 2003, 04:57 PM       
There is such an insignificant amount of bread, that the carbohydrates they add to the chicken are negligible.

P.S. You are a wiener.
Mocker
Old Dec 26th, 2003, 06:23 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by OAO
The Atkin's Diet was approved by the government. Unless you are going to tell me it is a conspiracy...
This coming from the guy who opposes everything the government does, including the U.S. Postal service and the building of roads.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellychaos
I don't think that a strictly vegan diet directly correlates to poor health. I think the poor health results from a failure to substitute proper protein from non-meat products and a lack of nutritional knowledge.
Thank you. Let's lock the thread while we're on a rational roll.....