Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2010, 12:43 PM       
The Woody movie is called Defendor, and I actually built some props for it - it was filmed and takes place just outside of Toronto in Steel Town (Hamilton, Ont). It's not your typical comedy superhero movie. It's actually pretty deep. I saw it on the indy film fest circuit and enjoyed it. Just don't watch it expecting a typical comedy.

As for going out to movies, there is a local Rainbow Cinema in downtown Toronto that I'm visiting almost weekly as Tuesday afternoon are just 4 bucks. Saw 'Hot Tub Time Machine' last week and 'How to Train Your Dragon' the week before.

There are also some great grind houses here in the city, old revival theaters like the Bloor Cinema (which is almost all cult and classic films - Just saw Raiders of the Lost Arc on 8mm there along with the original Hellraiser). They've been showing Rocky Horror on the last Friday of the month for years.

There are also quite a few n0n-profit theaters as well that show cult and classic films.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Apr 18th, 2010, 01:49 PM       
So far I've tried to watch Trailer Park Boys: Countdown to Liquor Day three times, and fallen asleep each time. I will attempt a fourth try tonight.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Apr 18th, 2010, 01:52 PM       
I've only seen bits and pieces of the trailer park boys movie but the show is hilarious.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Apr 18th, 2010, 08:29 PM       
I think they peaked around seasons 3-4 and, although there are plenty of funny moments, it's mostly been downhill since.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Apr 19th, 2010, 12:41 AM       
I blame the fucks who played Corey and Trevor for bitching and bailing on the show

Countdown to Liquor Day just wasn't funny Except for "Oh, I hate to interrupt this". That one line had me laughing my ass off

Spoilers!

Spoilers!
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Apr 20th, 2010, 05:31 PM       
Werewolf - The MST3K version.
I don't say this lightly, this has to be the worst werewolf movie I've ever seen.
Also it's my favorite MST3K movie.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Apr 20th, 2010, 05:53 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grislygus View Post
I blame the fucks who played Corey and Trevor for bitching and bailing on the show

Countdown to Liquor Day just wasn't funny Except for "Oh, I hate to interrupt this". That one line had me laughing my ass off

Spoilers!

Spoilers!
There you go buddy.
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 21st, 2010, 01:06 PM       
The Baader-Meinhof complex. It was okay.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 22nd, 2010, 07:20 PM       
i got trick r treat on blu ray yesterday great movie

also i t came with a 25 dollars gift certificate from sideshow colletibles, i wanted to buy the 60 bucks sam figure but its sold out any suggestions?

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Apr 22nd, 2010, 10:26 PM       
I didn't know they were making figures of me, I should be expecting some royalty checks soon.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 22nd, 2010, 11:37 PM       
sorry apparently you are property of warner bros now

Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 23rd, 2010, 10:05 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
The Baader-Meinhof complex. It was okay.
That's what I thought. It seemed so typically German.

Did you get the full frontal child nudity?
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 23rd, 2010, 11:21 AM       
You know, the minute I saw them leading with that (and again later in some Vietnam footage), the first thing I thought of was liquidstatik.

Have you watched Sophie Scholl: Die letzten Tage? It's much better.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 23rd, 2010, 11:26 AM       
No, I haven't seen it. I'll keep an eye out for it.

The first thing I did was look around the cinema expecting OUTRAGE and noticed that everyone was trying very hard not to be. ART.
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 23rd, 2010, 11:45 AM       
I was surprised by it, then I remembered it was German and that on one visit to Germany I turned on the TV and saw Heidi boffing first her grandpa, then a goat.
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 01:49 PM       
Martyrs (2008) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1029234/

Hard to watch, but an excellent movie nontheless. The plot was unpredictable and the movie went seamlessly from a creepy horrorflick into a full blown torturefest and still managed to stay away from exploitation. The ending was great. Higly recommended for anyone who isn't bothered by very graphic violence.
taco loving zombie
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 11:44 PM       
i hate the ending in martyrs it made me feel the movie had no purpose

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 26th, 2010, 01:03 AM       
All the President's Men

Robert Redford is so awesome.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Apr 26th, 2010, 04:03 PM       
Gran Torino again
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 26th, 2010, 04:23 PM       
I've got about 20 documentaries in my Netflix instant queue I need to get going on.

I love the hell out of that netflix instant thing, even though right now you have to have a disc to watch it on the PS3 or Wii. I'D LIKE TO SEE THE NEIGHBORS STEAL MY STREAMING DATA.

They'll probably find a way
Old Apr 26th, 2010, 04:27 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
Gran Torino again
I watched that again the other day. I dont want to say I forgot how bad ass it was, bad DAMN that movie was bad ass.
Old Apr 26th, 2010, 04:29 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
I love the hell out of that netflix instant thing, even though right now you have to have a disc to watch it on the PS3 or Wii.
If you have a 360 you dont even need a disc. Or if you can connect your PC to your TV.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Apr 26th, 2010, 04:30 PM       
I don't want a console. Too much time and money wasted on bad games. I'd rather buy the Netflix tv adapter.
SKATASTIC
Old Apr 26th, 2010, 04:35 PM       
Oh it so is. I was kinda the same way. I remembered it being really good but I forgot some of the lines he used. Especially the barber shop scene.
Old Apr 26th, 2010, 04:39 PM       
When the kid comes in and says the exact same thing Clint did and they both look at him and ask "WTF is wrong with you?!"