Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 02:30 AM       
I started playing Symphony of the Night again the other day, and I'm at something like 180% explored. I doubt I'll pass 200%. Fucking game. This is the third or fourth time I've played it, and I love it, but it galls me that I'll never find every nook and cranny.

That was very funny. Well done.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 11:20 AM       
Well, why not? I go for the full 200.6% every time I play it.

Last edited by Nick : Dec 19th, 2012 at 12:21 PM.
Forum Vomiting Everywhere
The Dramamine Kid is probably a spambot
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 11:17 PM       
Borrowed Assassin's Creed III from a friend. I don't recommend it, it's worth like ten bucks new. Bought Metro 2033 because I don't have a fancy computer and it was on sale on Live. It's dreamy.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 02:24 PM       
Isn't Metro 2033 fucking free at the moment
pickled
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 02:47 PM       
It is. Go get it on facebook.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 08:18 PM       
The Rayman Legends demo is on eShop right now. It has another one of those fuckawesome rhythm levels that they showed at E3. It's so fucking awesome, and the graphics are pretty as hell. I'm pumped for that game to come out.

drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 04:17 AM       
I got Armored Core 5 and WWE13 the other day. AC5 because I fucking love Mechs and giant Firearms, WWE13 caus I love to build a little Me with stuff I actually might be wearing, featuring a moveset I MIGHT be able to pull off with some training. I mean, I´m 1,75 and kinda chubby, I´m not gonna pull Lucha-stuff on anyone but I AM able to punch someone in the face...I think, the only unrealistic thing I give my little Ox-Wrestler is a chockeslam-finisher, just becaus I think it´s a cool move :D

So you got a tiny, slightly chubby dude in a jeans, a green hoodie with a hockeymask swatting more or less helplessly at people like Triple H or the Rock. Though I hardly recognize any of these Wrestlers, I stopped watching in the late 90s more or less.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Dec 18th, 2012, 03:48 PM       
I used to love the Armored Core series. Nothing was quite as fun as building my own mech.

That was very funny. Well done.
aint nobody

All Hail Duke is probably a spambot
Old Dec 18th, 2012, 06:05 PM       
doom 3

first doom game i've played since the original years back
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 19th, 2012, 02:03 AM       

SUCH A MERRY HOLIDAY, INDEED
pickled
Old Dec 19th, 2012, 12:22 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Hail Duke View Post
doom 3

first doom game i've played since the original years back
Well there are only three Doom games. It's not like you'd have the off chance of playing some Doom game that wasn't Doom 3 or the original.
aint nobody

All Hail Duke is probably a spambot
Old Dec 19th, 2012, 03:11 PM       
i don't follow video games, so i don't know how many there are in any franchise
pickled
Old Dec 20th, 2012, 06:51 AM       
Well it's name is Doom 3 so you know there are at least 3.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 20th, 2012, 09:50 AM       
there's also doom for nintendo 64

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
pickled
Old Dec 20th, 2012, 07:57 PM       
That's just a reworked port of Doom 1 by Midway.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 03:44 AM       
quake is made by the same people as doom though and there's a bunch of those so its kind of like there are more dooms
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 05:55 PM       
Wtf are you playing these days Kahl?
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 06:08 PM       
lol
league mostly.. somefarycry 3

i got this game called fallen enchantress that i like a lot. its like civilization but with rpg elements.and i played some mount and blade for a while
Old Dec 22nd, 2012, 12:06 PM       
Steam has its winter sale going and I was looking at picking up that Fallen Enchantress. Is it any good? Any multiplayer?
Old Dec 22nd, 2012, 12:26 PM       
What about you Vare? Steam says you have played every game for less than an hour. What is it you actually play? And is it multiplayer?
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 22nd, 2012, 03:28 PM       
i've been on the old republic on LoL and tried some of the free fps just cause i was bored but i just got the god of war ascencion beta so i'm gonna give it a spin

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
BANNED

Old Dec 22nd, 2012, 04:48 PM       
i dont know if fallen enchantress has multiplayer but if you like civilization 4 and fantasy rpgs you'd probably like it.
BANNED

Old Dec 22nd, 2012, 04:54 PM       
i hope torchlight 2 goes on sale ive ben wanting that game
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Dec 23rd, 2012, 12:21 AM       
Hey shitlords, guess what shouldn't get the ability to spam instant kill attacks with a 50/50 success rate? The final boss with over 6 million hitpoints, in the game where you lose if your party leader dies! FUCK!

Fuck you Final Fantasy 13. Fuck you too SquareEnix. I have diligently sat through your aggressively horrible game design and fucking acrobatically insane plot for 60 hours, and this is how you end things? By shitting on my face and calling me a whore when I restart your retarded boss for the 5 billionth time because the RNG decided to be a cunt again?

I am legitimately fucking angry at this game now. You people who played for 5 hours and quit to complain about corridor hiking, you have no idea how fucking bad FF13 actually is. Example-wise, did you know this game somehow manages to have an objectively worse villain than FF8 did? If bran flakes were personified, they would literally be Barthandelus! Plot cohesion? What the fuck is that? We at SquareEnix have resolved to break our own plot's internal logic at least two times a cutscene! Character development? That means we spontaneously change everyone's personalities and motivations when it's convenient for the plot, right? You want sidequests? In an RPG? Well, ok, here: just do this same one over and over again about 70 fucking times, that oughtta be fine.

There is no excuse for this kind of incompetence from a multi-million dollar production. What the fuck did they even spend all that money on? Because it sure as shit wasn't non-mongoloid script writers or actual level designers!

The real tragedy here is that it could have been great. I have no fucking idea how SE managed to take what should have been a relatively simple, visceral story about freedom and choice and turn it into... that, I guess they just have an unparalleled ability to make everything they touch turn to absolute shit.

Seriously. FUCK.

Last edited by Guitar Woman : Dec 23rd, 2012 at 01:15 AM.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Dec 23rd, 2012, 01:37 AM       
They spent most of the budget on the graphics. The reason it's so linear is because that would require more graphics. Plus, it's not like JRPGs really offer much deviance from the main story; open worlds are really just illusions of freedom with one or two side dungeons for loot.

FF13's structure really didn't bother me that much (FFX was just as linear and anyone who says otherwise is a liar or hasn't played that game recently). I just didn't like the pacing (if the tutorial ended and grand pulse were introduced maybe twice as quickly, it wouldn't be so bad).

And if you're expecting a good story from Square, don't. FF12's development hell scared away most of the talented staff after executives went and stuck their dicks in the potato salad. Most of the writers and creative directors moved on to better companies. For what it's worth, I thought the cast had potential and the writers just never fully realized it. I'd say they're trying to realize it now through the sequels, but it seems more like they're just dumping all the extra assets they spent money on; FFXIII-2 ends in a cliffhanger and got jacked up with DLC, and Lightning Returns really doesn't look very promising. Meanwhile, VersusXIII is in limbo because Tetsuya Nomura locked himself in a clothing store in Shibuya and is doing aaaaall the cocaine.