Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Dec 30th, 2007, 12:17 PM       
Man, Seth's movie is fucked up.

Schimid showed me this once, he said it scared him as a kid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3zS9udiISE
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Dec 30th, 2007, 12:22 PM       
These aren't kid's movies, but I still get chills down my spine when I see an old mac crash because of this shit:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yBZWKjj2vWY&feature=related

The first time I saw this I was 2 or 3 :<
Charming
Dr. V is probably a spambot
Old Dec 30th, 2007, 07:31 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
These aren't kid's movies, but I still get chills down my spine when I see an old mac crash because of this shit:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yBZWKjj2vWY&feature=related

The first time I saw this I was 2 or 3 :<
I like those.
Choking Hazard
Spetsnaz is probably a spambot
Old Dec 31st, 2007, 12:49 PM       
You guys remember Labyrinth?

I'd see David Bowie's codpiece staring at me from my closet...STARING....ALWAYS STARING!!!
Rape you...
macrodeath is probably a spambot
Old Dec 31st, 2007, 02:17 PM        terminator...
When i was a kid, i was traumatized by Fly (1986), Terminator 2's T1000, Robocop 2's Kane monster, and Ernest scared stupid. I watched old horror movies (Frankenstein, Brain that wouldn't die etc...) with my dad and sneaked into my school-pal's place to watch Bad Taste when i was six years old. Back then those movies really freaked me out, but were somehow better than any other films. And the movie Sirius 6B was fucking terrifying, because of the beginning of the film. This soldier gets he's arm and leg chopped of by a robot. But now, i have them all on DVD and they're still better than most movies i've seen.
I have mention two more things that REALLY freaked me out: Birth giving nightmare of the Fly and Highlander's head chopping moment.
No, these aren't any kids movies, but movies i watched when i was a kid.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 12:43 AM       
This scared the ever-living shit out of me as a child.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VXf8UQRKwI
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 02:29 AM       
i don't really remeber the name but it was a movie about some toys that died in the end cause the kids saw them moving or something

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Kilgore Cod is probably a spambot
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 08:36 PM       
When Littlefoot's mom died.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 09:00 PM       
All dogs go to heaven....the entire movie was traumatizing.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 09:10 PM       
how about watership down
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gYpLGxAetg

or even worse PLAGUE DOGS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ostg...ext=1&index=69

bloody rabbit corpses, and
Spoilers!
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 09:24 PM       
oh god, Jesus Christ, you're right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp5mc...eature=related
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 09:37 PM       
plague dogs traumatized me NOW, i can't imagine how bad it would've been if i'd seen it when i was 8 or something

edit: and all right i guess they're not really INTENDED for kids but christ still
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 09:40 PM       
jesus
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 11:21 PM       
That movie Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin scared me a bit when I saw that. Also, the trailer for that Anastasia movie freaked me out. Oh, and lastly: The animated tape we had of The Night Kitchen, in which a kid is abducted magically and nearly baked in a cake (three chefs mistake him for milk somehow).

My brother was always, as a child, afraid of this one bit in one of our old Winnie the Pooh VHSs. It was a scene in which Tigger saw Pooh with a bit of eggshell and thought that Pooh had knocked down a piece of the sky. To prove his point, Tigger told the story of Humpty Dumpty. As he told the story, Mr. Dumpty was portrayed as an egg-shaped Tigger. For whatever reason, that really freaked my brother out.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 11:32 PM       
OMG Willie, that was horrible!
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 11:46 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaQueen View Post
Oh, and lastly: The animated tape we had of The Night Kitchen, in which a kid is abducted magically and nearly baked in a cake (three chefs mistake him for milk somehow).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
This scared the ever-living shit out of me as a child.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VXf8UQRKwI
:O
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Jan 13th, 2009, 12:54 AM       
Neverending Story. When artax died in that sad swamp. I always had leave the room.
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Jan 13th, 2009, 01:22 PM       
The Land Before Time. The T-Rex scenes, the mother dying, the mother reappearing as a ghost, the erupting volcano. Basically all of it.
Insane Writer
Old Jan 13th, 2009, 07:25 PM       
The part in the movie Pinocchio, where the kids all get turned into donkeys. Urgh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mypa-rmn5GE

Especially when the donkeys can still talk and cry "I want to go home!"
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
Forum Virgin
hoopymo is probably a spambot
Old Jan 13th, 2009, 07:32 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrodeath View Post
I have mention two more things that REALLY freaked me out: Birth giving nightmare of the Fly and Highlander's head chopping moment.
No, these aren't any kids movies, but movies i watched when i was a kid.
The weird deleted scene with the cat baboon hybrid still weirds me out.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 13th, 2009, 08:22 PM       
Quote:
Neverending Story.
The wolf at the end of that gave me nightmares
Insane Writer
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 01:34 PM       
These two aren't exactly cartoons, but they freaked my brother and I out as children:

The first was that BBC production of "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" (the ones where the animals were people in giant suits, etc). At the part where the kids find the note saying about Mr. Tumnus being arrested, they have the wolf general voice over reading it. At the end of the note, he says "Long live the Queen!" and then gives a "snarl" like "Rawr!" (picture a human imitating a wolf). Really seemed scary for some reason.

The second was actually a computer game for Playskool of all things. It had this "mix and match" game, where there where people of different occupations (doctor, teacher, etc), and you could mix and match the heads, middles, and legs. If you didn't do anything, the body parts would move on their own. One of the characters was a mad scientist who, if left on his own, would give this "evil scientist laugh". That scared me so much I ran from the computer into another room and my dad had to come find me and figure out what was up.
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 11:53 PM       
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/di...lla_de_vil.jpg
(I was too lazy to display this properly).
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Jan 15th, 2009, 01:15 AM       
@ Seth: I do that too. I've been doing it recently though, having vivid recollections of missing half of an entire semester of classes (or at least one course). I think I'm going crazy, let's just hope not as bad as you!

Chojin already posted my most scarring childhood scene. I've seen Little Nemo and Dark Crystal and pretty much everything mentioned in the thread (except for that Maurice Sendrak thing where they cook the kid, fuck that's spooky) but nothing stands up to George Pal's Puppetoons.

He had a string of stop-motion hits, and my family got them for me on VHS when I was really, really young. There was one cartoon involving a maestro who is almost cannibalized that I would reluctantly watch, but would cry silently the entire time. My nightmares had color for the first and only time in my life, my own marionette hell. The only cartoon I liked on the tape was about a tuba. His name was tubby. Nothing shitty happened in that one, but Tubby sure was a spooky fellow:

Look up George Pal's animation stuff. I can't find any of it on Youtube (other than the still frightening John Henry clip), but most of it is extremely unnerving. He had a racist stint too, animating a young boy named Jasper:

http://www.awn.com/heaven_and_hell/PAL/GP3.htm

The final one was called Hoola Boola and involved a tropical island and a dickhead named Jim Dandy.

Here's a video of it. Note the animation of the mouth as they speak, that really got to me.

EDIT - Going a bit off the path, Chojin and I also played through Braindead 13 together. I'd wanted it as a kid, but I think it's safe to say that I would've been scarred for life had I seen some of these deaths:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA4NR...eature=related

ANOTHER EDIT - Sorry to monopolize the thread, but I found the rest of the Puppetoons. Guess someone uploaded them while I wasn't looking.

Here's Tubby the Goddamn Tuba, the least scarring of all his abominations.

And The Little Broadcast, the one with the cannibals.

There are some scenes missing from both, but those are the meat and potatoes of the things.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jan 15th, 2009, 12:33 PM       
The Electric Grandmother, really fucked me up as a kid.

I just remember the grandmother coming to replace someone dead, and then I remember a scene where she gets hit by a car.

Also, she sang this song that they'd fade in and out after she was "dead"...gave me nightmares.