Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 23rd, 2009, 11:52 PM       
Join a paramilitary. Shop around for your brand of war. If you don't like the Army's contract, there'll probably be someone else that'll take a smoker.

I suggest a Draft. Kinda like the NFL draft.
Nexus 7 Prototype
VaporTrailx1 is probably a spambot
Old Jul 24th, 2009, 02:26 AM       
Wait till the corporations start their own armies. That's when the real fun'll start. Microsoft will have the SkyNET HK's and shit.
Escape will make me god.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 28th, 2009, 07:31 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
All I know is if I was out in the field getting shot at I would lite up. Fuck em. What are they going to do? Send me home? I would be REALLY surprised if a CO would actually do much if you were caught smoking.
Don't they give soldiers little syrettes of morphine? Or is that just the medics? If so, definitely make friends with the medics.

Anyway, there was a news story in my local paper a few days after this thread was started saying that noone would be pursuing this policy.

Banned
lovely09 is probably a spambot
Old Jul 28th, 2009, 08:43 PM       
I guess they were just trying to make the soldiers as healthy as they can be or make them focus in times of battle.I don't think soldiers will have time to smoke if their whole environment is in war.
MrSmiley381 is probably a spambot
Old Aug 5th, 2009, 10:58 PM       
Look to the left.

See that? It's the Lucky Strikes logo. Smoked by the average American soldier in World War II. These things were put in military rations. Why? Everybody smoked. If you didn't, you traded them for a hot dog.

I'm no soldier, but I smoke these things out of respect for every veteran in every war. When my cousin leaves for Iraq, he's getting a US Army Zippo, a pack of Lucky Strikes, and a cigarette case. Zippos have stopped enemy bullets before, so I can only hope I can give him something potentially useful.

Oh, and just so everyone knows, soldiers are so fit that smoking doesn't even really matter.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 6th, 2009, 01:06 AM       
That's stupid, don't be stupid.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 8th, 2009, 07:31 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmiley381 View Post
Look to the left.

See that? It's the Lucky Strikes logo. Smoked by the average American soldier in World War II. These things were put in military rations. Why? Everybody smoked. If you didn't, you traded them for a hot dog.
The irony is now, convicts trade cigarettes to avoid a hot dog.

Quote:
I'm no soldier, but I smoke these things out of respect for every veteran in every war. When my cousin leaves for Iraq, he's getting a US Army Zippo, a pack of Lucky Strikes, and a cigarette case.
Maybe you should go the other way and donate money to the Yellow Ribbon Fund?

Quote:
Zippos have stopped enemy bullets before, so I can only hope I can give him something potentially useful.
Hopefully, his flak jacket will take care of that for him.

Quote:
Oh, and just so everyone knows, soldiers are so fit that smoking doesn't even really matter.
That is a dumb, stupid thing to say.

Esq.
stevetothepast is probably a spambot
Old Aug 9th, 2009, 03:00 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmiley381 View Post
Look to the left.

I'm no soldier, but I smoke these things out of respect for every veteran in every war.
I hate you.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 9th, 2009, 03:05 PM       
It's like saying "I smoke because it makes me look cool"

Personally, I smoke because I like it and I'm addicted. I smoke what gives me the best nicotine to taste ratio. Drum is my favorite. Buying a brand because it represents something is one of the reasons this nation of ours is in such a bad state.
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Aug 9th, 2009, 03:49 PM       
I was going to reply to MrSmiley's post, but it was so ridiculous I just assumed that he was joking. :/
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Aug 10th, 2009, 10:00 AM       
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 11th, 2009, 03:32 AM       
look at that ascot
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 11th, 2009, 03:33 AM       
that's nice.
Forum Virgin
skolapper is probably a spambot
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 07:30 PM        WE FIGHT FOR FREEDOM but have none
Hi Justin,This chapter has puzzled many. The point seems merely to be that the king should be above this fondness for sword-fighting.Sorry, but thats all I can really offer.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 10:34 PM       
YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME