Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

TheAntiAxiom is probably a spambot
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 10:26 PM        How not to offend women / seem old fashioned
*is a loser whos never dated before*

I'm thinking about asking a female friend out some time, and have a few questions.

Do women find it offensive/chauvanistic/ old fashioned if you do things like buy their movie ticket, walking them to their door etc...?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I might have some info on how this particular girl would act in this situation:

A few weeks ago, we went to a pizza buffet and one of my friends didn't have any money. This girl said she would pay for his buffet. When we were standing in line, she gave him the money for his food (and I think maybe hers as well). She made a joking comment about him paying so he could reassure his masculinity/seem macho / something like that

Professor Cool is probably a spambot
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 10:31 PM       
hold on a second

there such thing as a pizza buffet
Mocker

James sucks
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 10:34 PM       
Attempting to make a female friend into a girlfriend will result in you never talking to one another ever again. She will never see you like that, and can not handle being your friend knowing you want to date her.

Being old-fashioned will get to blacklisted as well. Girls only like it when you comment on their body in a sexual manner. They need to feel desired and wanted for the physical appearance they put so much work into, yet feel terribly insecure over. Trying to be nice by respecting them and doing things like paying for their movie ticket makes them feel like you consider them to be like your mom.

Find a girl you hardly know, and say you just had to talk to the girl who bore the killer rack. Invite her to meet you at a movie (implying she pays for her own shit, and meets you in the theatre), and make out with her after the opening credits start. Whisper in her ear that you need to feel her tits, and then spit in her mouth and go for the grab.

Before you know it, you'll be having babies and getting married, in that order.

Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 10:48 PM       
"and can not handle being your friend knowing you want to date her. "

Not the case here.

I've told her exactly how I I felt about her (and I'm completely enamored with her)...though I haven't formally asked her out

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

also, I'm not looking for easy sex or anything.

This is the only girl I've ever felt like getting involved with, and while, yes, I do find her sexually attractive, I honestly (wow, this sounds cheesy as fuck X 10000) love her and want to spend my life with her.

Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 11:04 PM       
you still have not answer about the pizza buffet, i will not help you lovewise until i get the answer.

Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 11:08 PM       
you've never heard of a Cici's pizza?

Your pizza hut doesn't have one?

Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 11:13 PM       
I have a domino's

All I know is that women like nice gestures, and i wouldn't think they would have a problem with it.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 11:44 PM       
you are gay

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

yes
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 12:32 AM       
I SAY THIS BECAUSE CURRENTLY YOU MOST LIEKLY DOING THE OPPOSITE.

THIS IS BECAUSE YOU ARE A NERD AND DO NOT UNDERSTAND GIRLS.

I WILL EXPLAIN THEM TO YOU, STARTING WITH THE BASICS.

1. GIRLS LIKE TO WEAR THINGS WITH NO LEGS.

2. THE SMALLER SOMETHING IS, THE CUTER IT IS, THIS IS WHY ON DATES I PRETEND TO BE REALLY TINY AND TALK IN A SERIES OF SQUEEKS.

3. GIRLS TAKE THERE CLOTHES OFF AT THE DROP OF A HAT ONCE PRESENTED WITH A FLORAL ARRANGEMENT.

4. GIRLS TAKE ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING YOU SAY LITERALLY... LITERALLY

5. GIRLS FIND IT HARD TO MAKE SENSE OF MACHINES THAT DO NOT ASSIST IN THE PREPARATION OR CONSUMPTION OF FOOD.

6. GIRLS ARE OFFENDED BY ANYTHING THAT IS NOT DESIGNED BY OR FOR CHILDREN.

7. SOMETIMES GIRLS CAN SLAP EACH OTHER WITH THE HANDS.

8. GIRLS ARE KNOWN TO USE THE TOILET FOR REASONS OTHER THAN THE EXPRESS PURPOSES OF UNRINATION OR DEFFACATION.

9. GIRLS SUFFER FROM A VISUAL DEFECT THAT MAKES DOGGIES AND KITTIES APPEAR AS PEOPLE.

10. A GIRL CAN NEVER BE TOOO SKINNY, UNLESS OF COURSE
THAT GIRL IS NOT YOU

(BY MISTER FART)
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 01:06 AM       
I think Jixby about summed it up. Take that advice to heart and you're golden.

As for my *real* opinion: holding doors, walking to house, etc. = good. Paying for her before you're a couple = bad. The trick is to have fun and act like it's a privilege for *her* to get to go out with you (treat her nicely but hold back a little).

Oh, and what James said. Short of a major change in your personality or hypnotic suggestion, I can almost guarantee you will not get anywhere with a girl who is a good friend, especially if you are both more than 14 years old. You will get hugs, you will get deep conversation, you might even get to cuddle now and then, but her next boyfriend will likely be a 6'5" football player named Jimbo with a double-digit IQ. Enjoy.
ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 01:45 AM       
Quote:
*is a loser whos never dated before*
+
Quote:
I honestly love her and want to spend my life with her.
=
you're either very young, very stupid, or both.
UP_SHUT is probably a spambot
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 10:45 AM       
Being "old-fashioned" isn't exactly a bad thing...just do it in moderation. Whenever guys over do it, I feel inferior and have the urge to kick them in the balls. Men are my bitches; I'm not theirs. I'm only submissive when I feel like it. She might like it, though, so just use your best judgement about it.
xXxASPERGERSxXx
CaptainBubba is probably a spambot
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 11:07 AM       
HEY GUYS! I'M BACK AT THE LOVELINE FORUMS TO HELP WITH YOUR QUESTIONS!

The answer: HAVE SEX WITH HER!!

OperationScuzBucket is probably a spambot
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 11:21 AM        Re: How not to offend women / seem old fashioned
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAntiAxiom
Do women find it offensive/chauvanistic/ old fashioned if you do things like buy their movie ticket, walking them to their door etc...?
God no. I hate it when guys invite me out on a date and don't pay (or complain loudly about paying...*coughKEVINcough*...). It's just rude. But if she invites you, you don't pay...and if she expects you to, she's a bitch. If you've been going out with her for a while and your relationship is official, you pay for everything unless she says otherwise. That's just the waaaay it is.

And I think old fashioned guys are cute. Most girls do.
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Big McLargehuge is probably a spambot
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 11:38 AM       
Bullshit, i am an old fashioned guy and i do all these things. Yet girls will not let me stick it in their butt.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 11:45 AM       
Old-fashioned move: Holding a door open for a lady, allowing her to enter before you.

Response in old-fashioned times: "I am flattered by your courtesy toward me, and admire your gentlemanly behavior."

Response today: "You just think of me as a poor weak girl who can't even open a door? Or maybe you just want me to walk in front of you so you can check out my ass. Which I want you to do anyway, but it still makes you a pervert."
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Big McLargehuge is probably a spambot
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 11:47 AM       
James, you're so jaded
UP_SHUT is probably a spambot
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 11:51 AM       
MR. JAMES GETS NO BUTTSEX
Mocker

James sucks
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 12:04 PM       
I can't get buttsex from you anyway, until we take out trip to Mexico. Because despite your user name, you will talk. Oh, you will talk. And then I get thrown into jail.

Here's another one for you.

Old-fashioned move: Taking your date's hand as she gets out of the car, as a mild form of helping her out.

Response in old-fashioned times: "I am impressed and smitten by your concern and care for me, that you'd make sure I would be alright even when getting out of an automobile. It also shows a sign that you want to engage in innocent and intimate physical contact with me, and that makes me feel special."

Response today: "If I want you to help me out of the car, I'll fucking tell you to help, then get mad at you for not doing so until I had to tell you. Who needs help getting out of a car anyway? I'm not your grandma!"

FS is probably a spambot
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 12:06 PM       
I prefer to combine both sides of the coin. For instance, I hold the door open and scream "GET YOUR ASS INSIDE BITCH" and when I shift back her chair for her I scream "SIT YOUR ASS DOWN BITCH".
Mocker

James sucks
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 12:16 PM       
FS pretty much hit the nail on the head. But that's probably because he comes from the Godless land of purple trees and skinless rabbits.

It's a thinker.

Let's be serious for a moment, shall we? In a generalization, I'd say that there's a difference between being old fashioned, and babying a lady. You want to show that you care for and respect a girl, but you don't want it to seem like you're babysitting a nuclear bomb.

Walk beside the girl, and when you come to a door, reach out for it. Don't run for it and hold it open like you're her doorman. If you grab it and open it, hold it open. If she goes for it, let her open it, then hold it and say "After you." Use similar logic for other common occurances, such as pulling out a chair, offering your jacket on a cold day/night, or fending off a knife-wielding mugger speaking in tongues.