Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 08:50 AM        George Bush Lied?
source: Of course, the Boortzinator. http://www.boortz.com/

GEORGE BUSH LIED?
This is the current favorite of the left. The word is out. Keep repeating the idea that George Bush intentionally lied to the American people in order to get them to support a war to 86 Saddam Hussein.

You do know the definition of a lie, don’t you? A lie is a statement made with knowledge, at the time the statement was made, that it was not true. The key here is that you had to know the statement to be untrue at the time you made it in order for that statement to be categorized as a lie. If, for instance, If I told you last week that Katherine Hepburn was going to be a guest on my show this Wednesday, that statement would not have been a lie. I did not know, at the time I made that statement, that Katherine Hepburn would be taking the eternal celestial dirt nap by this Wednesday.

In order to reinforce my point, let me give you some examples of actual lies.

“I didn’t have sex with that woman, Monica Lewinsky.” Sorry, Monica doesn’t appear to be skilled enough to induce long-term memory loss in the objects of her oral affections. That statement was known to be true to the utterer at the time of the utterance. A lie.

“I don’t have those Rose Law Firm billing records.” Yeah, right. Then those records turn up in her office with her fingerprints and handwriting all over them. A deliberate lie, known to be untrue when said.

Lesson over.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 10:09 AM       
Well, had he not lied by this understanding of the term, then his error paints him as stupid beyond previous estimations. I think the right is better off saying that he lied.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT

Zero Signal is probably a spambot
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 10:14 AM       
In a word, no.

Bush specifically stated that he had proof of Iraq's WMD, even going so far as to allude to knowing exactly where they were. Not to mention the fact that much of the data was plagarized from a highly inaccurate student paper. Way to go, morons.

Well, where are they? Can you answer that? Bush certainly cannot.

The CIA and the FBI (and other agencies) have cast doubt of Iraq's supposed WMDs, but does Bush listen? No. Because that would not have given him a precept (as far fetched as it was) for engaging in the illegal invasion of a sovereign nation (whose government the US set up in the first place).
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 10:20 AM       
Yes, Vinth, way to go.

Let's compare Bill Clinton lying about getting his cock sucked to George Bush's lying to get support for a war which cost the lives of many people.

Brilliant.
Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 10:26 AM       
This is worth repeating.

Old Jul 1st, 2003, 10:31 AM       
A lie is a lie. People need to learn what the definition of words are.
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 10:36 AM       
Who in this thread has displayed a lack of understanding of the definition of the word 'lie'?

Old Jul 1st, 2003, 10:36 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceZeb
People like you, Vinth?

lie.

1 a : an assertion of something known or believed by the speaker to be untrue with intent to deceive
1 b : an untrue or inaccurate statement that may or may not be believed true by the speaker
2 : something that misleads or deceives

Bush deceived the American people, therefore, by definition, he lied. How much more simple does it have to get for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjalne
Who in this thread has displayed a lack of understanding of the definition of the word 'lie'?
Just Vinth so far.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 10:43 AM       
Quote:
A lie is a lie. People need to learn what the definition of words are

LIKE, PERHAPS YOU, VINTH?

Degenerate, denigrate, equity, equality, and the list goes on and on.

Old Jul 1st, 2003, 10:46 AM       
Prove Bush decieved the american people.... oh wait, you cant!

That is not a lie.

Monica had a jizz stained dress and Clinton stood up there and lied through his teeth. He was impeached, if you recall recent history. THAT IS A LIE.

The Hildabeast said she had no knowledge of certain documents, and then the documents appeared with her markings all over them in her private quarters. THAT IS A LIE.

Now, if there is proof that bush knew Iraq never had WMD, which would be impossible since everyone agreed he had them, then that would be A LIE.

Now, if you can't comprehend this, maybe you need to step away from this board and enroll in your local community college's remedial English program.

Old Jul 1st, 2003, 10:51 AM       
Quote:
Prove Bush decieved the american people.... oh wait, you cant!
Sure, I can.

WHERE ARE THE WMDs?
Pickled Patriarch
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 10:53 AM       
Oh you didn't hear? They moved them over to North Korea. We're gonna go bomb the shit out of them next.

Old Jul 1st, 2003, 11:00 AM       
Zero, you would have gave the UN till december to find something, but as soon as the US doesnt find anything, you whine.

I guess by that standard, Charlie Manson should be released becuase there is no evidence he actually killed anyone, huh?

Old Jul 1st, 2003, 11:00 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery
Oh you didn't hear? They moved them over to North Korea. We're gonna go bomb the shit out of them next.
No, no, no. They are in Iran, silly boy.

Or was it Syria.

Wait.

Sudan?

Hmmm.

Old Jul 1st, 2003, 11:02 AM       
Zero, when we find them... I expect you to get a plane ticket to St. Louis so you can get on your knees and kiss my ass.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 11:03 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Signal
No, no, no. They are in Iran, silly boy.

Or was it Syria.

Wait.

Sudan?

Hmmm.

Shit. I guess we'll have to bomb all them fuckers until we do find somethin!

:spittoon
Pickled Patriarch
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 11:04 AM       
Quote:
Zero, when we find them... I expect you to get a plane ticket to St. Louis so you can get on your knees and kiss my ass.
You mean when we "plant" them and then "find" them, right?

Old Jul 1st, 2003, 11:07 AM       
Quote:
Zero, you would have gave the UN till december to find something, but as soon as the US doesnt find anything, you whine.
Bush said that he KNEW that Iraq had WMDs, so why did he not find any when he invaded?

If the invasion was to specifially remove Saddam Hussein for his crimes against the Iraqi people, then I would have had NO PROBLEM with it. However, now that sets up a precident. There are plenty of other dictators like Hussein around the world; are we going to depose them, too. Most of them we probably put in power, as well.

Bush decided to play musical chairs when there were no WMDs to be found.

Oh, we are there to liberate the Iraqi people (and their oil) instead. Yeah, that is why. Sure.

Old Jul 1st, 2003, 11:12 AM       
Quote:
LOL

Bush said he already knew where they were! Both the FBI and the CIA have said that they doubt any of what the President says about Iraq's state of WMDs.

OMG! A few days ago we found a centrifuge that could be used for refining uranium! What they do NOT tell you is that you need thousands of them to even create a minute amount of weapons-grade uranium. We found one. haha. You are such a sheep, Vinth.

I will not be kissing your ass or any other part of you. Especially not after the Bush administration seems to have already had its way with you.
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 11:23 AM       
I'm just going to say what everyone else has been saying. It's my experience that you have to at least make a point seven or eight times before Vince acknowledges its presence and maybe stops calling people Jewish or women instead of responding to the arguments made against his case. All right, here goes again:

Bush said he knew where the weapons are, and it's painfully obvious that he didn't. He said somehing that was not true. That is the definition of a lie.

Who wants to go next?
Pickled Patriarch
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 11:26 AM       
I'll go next, but I'll do it in pink, since we know Vinth is all about the pink.

Bush said he knew where the weapons are, and it's painfully obvious that he didn't. He said somehing that was not true. That is the definition of a lie.

Old Jul 1st, 2003, 11:47 AM       
Let me also elaborate more on the uranium-enriching centrifuges.
The US says it found a centrifuge used for processing nuclear fuel for reactors and warheads. It was found buried under a rose bush (lol). A complete gas centrifuge facility here in the United States covers approximately 750 acres; not something that you can hide easily.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 11:52 AM       
Quote:
Christ, Clinton has been out of office for three fucking years! His affair not in any way relevant to what Bush is currently doing!
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 12:02 PM       
I know for a fact that right now, in the state of California, there is a swimming pool completely filled with improperly PH balanced water. I've narrowed the location down to just that one state, which is about the same size of Iraq, and the amount of material my statement concerns is roughly the same amount of biological and chemical weapons agents we are looking for in Iraq.

The comparison is flawed, I know. People don't generally bury their swimming pools or take other great pains to hide them. It's flawed in your favor, then...

Our spy technology is great and all, but don't you think it's a bit silly to assume that we could possibly have KNOWN EXACTLY where this stuff was hidden? The only people that know this for a fact are the folks that hid it. It will take time to find the WMD material. This time will be shortened considerably when some of those people start to come forward.

Oh, wait... that's already happening... This one scientist will most likely encourage a few more to come forward.

I guess it's just a matter of waiting now... I'm guessing you guys are 100% sure that no WMDs will be found then? Should we call Mr. Bremer and let him know? I'm sure he'd welcome the opportunity to re-assign the troops we're using to scour Iraq looking for ficticious hidden weapons to something more productive, like policing or getting rid of the Iranians and Syrians that are shooting at our other troops...

...or maybe you guys are just running off at the mouth? I guess we'll just have to wait and see how forthcoming you are with your sincere apologies once very real WMDs start to be unearthed. I'll be sure to check back over here when that day comes.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 12:23 PM       
http://cns.miis.edu/research/wmdme/iraq.htm

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!