Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 08:33 AM        YOU JUST HAVE YOURSELF A WONDERFUL FOURTH OF JULY
source: http://www.boortz.com/nealznuz.htm

YOU JUST HAVE YOURSELF A WONDERFUL FOURTH OF JULY

Oh wow. It’s the Fourth of July. Independence Day. Fireworks, ball games, picnics, parades, fun at the beach.

Those who have been listening to my show for any length of time at all know that I get somewhat surely (OK … even more surely) around this time of the year. Why? Because I get just a bit weary of watching myrmidons wave flags and mouth phrases of love for freedom and independence while, in reality, it may well be the last thing they want in their lives.

We live in an entitlement era. It seems as if everyone has a long list of things to which they are entitled. Americans think they have a “right” to a job, a place to live, a living wage (whatever that is), and to be free from having to endure anything that might offend their delicate sensitivities. And this “independence” thing? That’s the last thing that many, even most Americans want. We’re building a dependency culture, not an independent one!

Look .. I don’t want to dwell on this and ruin your holiday; and believe me, if I spent a few thousand words here documenting how the average American has abandoned the idea of freedom and self reliance your Fourth would be ruined. Let’ me just ask you if you will do something. I want you to write a letter to your congressman and your senators. I want you to tell them that you really got to thinking while watching people working on their melanomas on the beech, and you want the government to do something for you. You want the government to cut you loose.

Tell your congressman that you want to be free to establish your own relationship with your employer. No minimum wages. No mandated benefits. You want to negotiate your own employment contract with your employer, and the only thing you want the government to do is to help you enforce it through the courts if your boss starts screwing around.

Tell your elected officials that you do not believe that you have a right to health care. Tell them that you do not wish to use the police power of government to force someone else to provide you with medications or medical services. Write that you are perfectly willing to assume the total and complete responsibility for acquiring your own health insurance, all you want them to do is eliminate the mandates and allow you to shop for just the coverage you desire. Be sure to add that in the event you get sick without insurance, or you can’t cover the costs, you absolutely do not want the government to step in and spend one dime of someone else’s money on your care.

Tell them that you want an end to Social Security. You want out. You will be responsible for setting up your retirement plan and you will be willing to suffer the consequences in old age if you fail to do so. Tell your representatives that in a free society the government shouldn’t take money from people who are now working just to give it to people who are not.

Maybe you will want to tell your senators and congressman that you have no interest what other people do in the privacy of their own homes. You don’t want any laws that regulate their sexual conduct, and you don’t want them punished if they sit out in the back yard under the stars at night puffing on some marijuana.

Inform your representatives that you want to be free to make your own consumer choices, and that includes choices of which professional you want to use for medical and legal services. Tell them that you are perfectly willing to rely on your own judgment, or the judgment of private accrediting agencies when it comes to selecting an attorney or a doctor. You might add that you don’t like the idea that you have to go to the government to ask who may and who may not clip your fingernails.

When you have written that letter … then you can go out and proclaim your love of freedom.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 08:44 AM       
That was fucking stupid.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT

Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 08:59 AM       
Yeah, freedom is stupid.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 09:13 AM       
Seeing how you haven't the capacity for independent thinking, I'm hardly surprised you'd say that.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT

Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 09:58 AM       
Yeah, I don't have a independant thought in my mind. I'm sorry if my thoughts are shared by many.
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 10:12 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceZeb
Yeah, freedom is stupid.
He sure owned you there, Seth.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 10:17 AM       
Quote:
I'm sorry if my thoughts are shared by many.
Yeah, the Nazis said the same thing back in the day...

Zero Signal is probably a spambot
Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 10:20 AM       
Quote:
Yeah, I don't have a independant thought in my mind. I'm sorry if my thoughts are shared by many.
Those two sentences share nothing between them. To think that you are applying for Mensa and you have little command over the English language as it stands now, is most amusing.

More likely, it looks as if you are attempting to execute the same double-speak that politicians spew when trying to blow smoke over everything so that no one notices that it make no sense.

Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 10:34 AM       
Oh, I forgot the rule that on a message board you must use the King's English.

*hits head on desk*
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 10:38 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjalne
Quote:
Yeah, freedom is stupid.
He sure owned you there, Seth.
And Seth's comment was a poet laureate nugget.

And where did the Nazi comment come in to play? He wants less government in our lives, not a facist dictatorship.

I don't agree with everything. I do think government should at least keep an eye on the bussinesses, but for the most part, I am responsible for myself. Thats what this article is about. Stop looking to the government to control your lives.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 10:39 AM       
Good start, Vinth. If you hit your head long enough, you might start to have independent thoughts rather than waiting for Boortz to articulate them for you.

Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 10:51 AM       
Quote:
Oh, I forgot the rule that on a message board you must use the King's English.

*hits head on desk*
No, you forget to write something that sounds intelligent and not like what you posted above.

Per usual, your response completely misses the point of my post while at the same time attempting to shift blame for your blunder by changing the issue from sheer unintelligent, mutually exclusive phrases to using the King's English on a messageboard.

I see a weasel politician already incubating in Vince.
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 11:00 AM       
Vinny, since I'm assuming that you copied and pasted that article (come to think of it, that's a wonderful metaphor for the way your mind operates), do you really think it's wise to follow a guy who can't spell "surly"?

Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 11:05 AM       
"Those who have been listening to my show for any length of time at all know that I get somewhat surely (OK … even more surely) around this time of the year."

Maybe he is talking about getting drunk and dressing up like Shirley, even more so now that the Captain Morgan is taking hold.

"Don't call me, Shirley."
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 11:19 AM       
You can always differentiate a Vinth original from a "cut and paste" by the fact that the spelling and grammar are correct in the "cut and paste".

Wherever you go, there you are.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 11:50 AM       
THPIT VALVE, VINTH!! PRETH YOUR THPIT VALVE!!!!

You don't have to use the 'king's English' on a message board. Or on your own site. Or anywhere at all for that matter.

I'm pretty sure you can't, though. Since you never do. Why don't you post something that doesn't read like it was written by a slow second grader? C'mon, Thailor Moon, I dare you. You can even do it here, since Newsfilter is to fwightening for you.

"Now, Max, you have to have useing the Jew's English becuase if I put your mouth in an oven it will not do whhat a pizza does... unless there are toppings and cheese on your lips... but not peperoni becuase what with the cheese together you would not be being Kosher and you HAVE TO BECAUSE YOU ARTE A KIKE!"
-Vinth McFuckincretin
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 01:38 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Blanco
but for the most part, I am responsible for myself. Thats what this article is about. Stop looking to the government to control your lives.
Under a nationalized health system, would the big evil government tell you what your ailments are, and then prescribe the appropriate means of remedy??? AH! WHAT TOTALITARIAN MONSTERS!!

Governmentphobia is really entertaining.

And as for you Vince, or, since you lack an original thought, I'll address Mr. Boortz.

Entitlement has ALWAYS been a driving force in this country. Scotch-Irish farmers fought with Indians in the West over land, not because we earned it, but because we were "entitled" to it. The Louisiana Purchase didn't happen because the offer was just too good to pass up, it happened because it was our entitlement. Whether he sold us the land or not, Napoleon realized he had lost the land already, and wanted something out of it.

This country has a history of being anti-bank and anti-creditor. We were built as a nation on agrarian entitlement, the advancing of money for soil and animals, i order to grow and farm. Prior to this, in the Virginia Colony, men were granted land as an entitlement for cultivation.

These weren't merely matters of entitlement, but matters of investment. So, now we are the most prosperous and strong nation in the world. Some might argue that in order to grow then, entitlement, rather, investment, was necessary. It didn't create lethargy, idleness, or inactivity. Americans worked hard, much like they do today. Despite your misconceptions about welfare programs and safety nets Vince, Americans work longer hours for less pay now than they did prior to inflation. We can afford to invest in failed corporations who don't deserve to exist through tax breaks and subsidies. We can afford to invest in the rich with tax breaks that will fail at their intended purpose of revitalizing the economy. We can do these things, but the most powerful nation in the world can't catch up with the other industrialized nations of the world and invest in the health and well being of its people. Corporations and the wealthy deserve these supposed entitlemts, but the working poor however, do not.

"The subjects of every state ought to contribute toward the support of the government, as nearly as possible, in proportion to their respective abilities; that is, in proportion to the revenue which they respectively enjoy under the protection of the state ....[As Henry Home (Lord Kames) has written, a goal of taxation should be to] 'remedy inequality of riches as much as possible, by relieving the poor and burdening the rich.'"

Adam Smith
-- AN INQUIRY INTO THE NATURE AND CAUSES OF THE WEALTH OF NATIONS (1776)

Investing in each other's well being is not a current feeling of entitlement, it's a tradition we all share. I'll remember this on Friday, despite the whining of idiots such as you and Neil Boortz, Vince.
Mocker
Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 02:06 PM       
Quote:
Under a nationalized health system, would the big evil government tell you what your ailments are, and then prescribe the appropriate means of remedy??? AH! WHAT TOTALITARIAN MONSTERS!!
Its not because I think they are evil. I am against it because it won't work. The government is way too inefficient and bloated for this to improve the situation. You think the current system has cracks? NHC is gonna be the Grand fucking Canyon.

Quote:
Investing in each other's well being is not a current feeling of entitlement, it's a tradition we all share.
Its one thing to invest in someone's well being. Its another to totally shoulder their burden.

I am not against welfare. I would rather see it reformed than scrapped. Same with corporate welfare.

Want me to say farm subsidies need to to be dumped? Absolutly.

Quote:
despite the whining of idiots such as you and Neil Boortz, Vince.
thats just childish. I try to be nice and refrain from name calling. I do swear and get sarcastic, but its more to just lighten the mood than to be superior. I often give you credit for your opinions and turn around and call me an idiot because I have a different opinion from you? You really can't do better than that?
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 02:09 PM       
All name calling aside, Vince really is an idiot.
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 02:15 PM       
C'mon, guys, I know it is easier to make fun of Vinth for being stupid than looking at the issues, but I think I will actually pay attention to what Vinth is saying and draw a conclusion from that...

*reads Vinth/Boortz's post*

Ah, screw it, Vinth is a total fucknut, and Boortz is his god. Boortz speaks to Vinth, and Vinth tells the world!!

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY VINTH-BOORTZ, FOR HE KNOWS ALL!!!
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 02:37 PM       
"I want you to tell them that you really got to thinking while watching people working on their melanomas on the beech, and you want the government to do something for you. You want the government to cut you loose. "

Tell them you are sick of paved roads. Tell them if you want to go anywhere you'l pave the damn road yourself and if you can't find the time, well, maybe you didn't want to go there that bad after all.

Tell them you don't need their damn firemen, you can put yourself out thank you very much becuase if stop, drop and roll was good enough for the founding fathers it's good enough for you.

Tell them to stop researching epidemic disease, you can research your own diseases on a free and open market and if you catch a bug off some unvaccinated school kid and you die of it you'll bury yourself the way George Washington would have done.

When you've told them exactly the things I want you to tell them in exactly the way I want you to, when you've sublimated your will entirely to mine and agree with me in every way, then go out and celebrfate your freedom. becuase only when you stop thinking foir yourself and allow me to do your thinking for you will you truly be free.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 04:05 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Blanco
Its not because I think they are evil. I am against it because it won't work. The government is way too inefficient and bloated for this to improve the situation. You think the current system has cracks? NHC is gonna be the Grand fucking Canyon.
I disagree, and I think the other industrialized nations prove it. Of course they have problems, but any system will that tries to deal with matters of health. Canada's works pretty well, whereas Ireland's needs drastic improvement.

I for one am not necessarily in favor of scrapping the current system and creating a whole new one. I think systems like medicare and medicaid are in place, and they can be improved and expanded upon gradually, not over night.

Quote:
Its one thing to invest in someone's well being. Its another to totally shoulder their burden.
Shouldering the burden through everyone's tax dollars? What % would you personally be shouldering when a guy gets a cut stitched up???

We, as a country, are workaholics. Folks like Vince can rant on about the myth of the welfare queen and other stories, but the fact is, people in this country, of all colors creeds and income, BUST ASS. With 50 million Americans having either no or faulty health coverage, that to me spells a recipe for disaster, one in need of a remedy.

Quote:
Quote:
despite the whining of idiots such as you and Neil Boortz, Vince.
thats just childish. I try to be nice and refrain from name calling. I do swear and get sarcastic, but its more to just lighten the mood than to be superior. I often give you credit for your opinions and turn around and call me an idiot because I have a different opinion from you? You really can't do better than that?
You misunderstand, I wasn't addressing you beyond the matter at the top. If you re-read the sentence, I'm only addressing Vince and Boortz.

I wouldn't call you an idiot, because it takes a lot of work to accomplish that, and I think Vince is exceptional at it. You on the other hand make excellent points and strong arguments.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
The Center Square
Brandon is probably a spambot
Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 04:20 PM       
I think we can all take comfort in knowing that it's possible to get rid of Vinth at any time with a very simple method:

Since he's obviously suffering from a SEVERE case of Narcissistic Personality Disorder, all you have to do is cut off the Narcissistic Supply.

Just ignore his posts. He'll implode in frustration after about a day or two.

Of course, it helps to have him around for the entertainment value, as well.
Mocker
Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 04:27 PM       
Quote:
I disagree, and I think the other industrialized nations prove it. Of course they have problems, but any system will that tries to deal with matters of health. Canada's works pretty well, whereas Ireland's needs drastic improvement.
See, the problem there is thinking we would act like Canada and not the United States. You see other countries and think it would work. I look at the last 70+ of our history and think it would collapse.

And sorry about jumping on you. Guess I read to fast.

Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 08:22 PM       
If canada's national health care plan is so spectacular, why do their rich come to OUR country to get health care?

Remember the illegal immigrant girl that got worked on at Duke? I guess she couldn't get the gusto built up to travel another 3000 miles, so she just had to drop by one of our shithole hospitals.