Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
James James is offline
Mocker
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Old May 2nd, 2003, 04:26 AM       
They'll at least try to satisfy a consumer, especially one who has given them so much business for well over 10 years.

I'm not saying they'll be, "You're right! From now on, we'll get rid of all these add-ons, and just go back to making games you can play in full without them!." But if they're at least halfway decent, and they value their customers (as any business should, if they want to stay IN business), they'll do something.

People these days fail to realize how much power there is in voicing your opinion. Instead, you guys just sit on your ass, and take whatever someone like Nintendo shoves up your ass.

Maybe if YOU write a letter, you'll get something in return too.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
timrpgland timrpgland is offline
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Minnesota, USA
Old May 2nd, 2003, 11:48 AM       
I'd just like to know what kind of games you actually do like, Jamesman? If almost no GC or GBA games appeal to you, that isn't saying you have very good taste in games. Maybe you don't look for the good ones or make up your mind that they suck ahead of time. Not a good way to really evaluate the situation.
__________________

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Reply With Quote
  #78  
James James is offline
Mocker
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Old May 2nd, 2003, 12:45 PM       
So just because I don't like GC or GBA games, I have bad taste? That just screams "fanboy."

To say it again: There are some games that I'm sure I would enjoy. But there's not enough for the GC that would justify me buying one. And until I end up with a GBA SP, I'm not interested in any GBA games no matter how awesome they may be. I can't see my GBA, and I don't want to spend another $100 on a new GBA so soon.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Mockery Mockery is offline
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Old May 2nd, 2003, 12:55 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesman
So just because I don't like GC or GBA games, I have bad taste? That just screams "fanboy."
And your writing a letter to Nintendo just screams "I'm Cheap. Give me a freebie."
Reply With Quote
  #80  
timrpgland timrpgland is offline
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Minnesota, USA
Old May 2nd, 2003, 01:05 PM       
Jamesman, I'm just saying that if you play Zelda: The Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, or Eternal Darkness and didn't think they were the shit, then there is something wrong with your taste. It's good gaming, not Nintendo "fanboyism." If you judge games and consoles before playing, then your opinion is simply useless.

The GBA has a bunch of games (I mean a bunch) to offer and loads of great titles so if you can't find games you like there, that's sad. I can see my GBA just fine.
__________________

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Mockery Mockery is offline
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Old May 2nd, 2003, 01:09 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by timrpgland
If you judge games and consoles before playing, then your opinion is simply useless.
But he doesn't do that... the Gameboy Advance is strictly for SNES re-releases, remember? Fuck that portable little electro-turd, who needs it
Reply With Quote
  #82  
James James is offline
Mocker
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Old May 2nd, 2003, 01:10 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery
And your writing a letter to Nintendo just screams "I'm Cheap. Give me a freebie."
Tell you what. If you go out and buy a GBA and GBA SP right now, then what you say will mean something, k?

Tim, please read what I wrote. And if you can see your GBA fine, good for you. But my room doesn't have lighting equal to daylight. And I really don't want to go sit on my porch to play Super Mario World.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
timrpgland timrpgland is offline
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Minnesota, USA
Old May 2nd, 2003, 01:18 PM       
Quote:
Tim, please read what I wrote
Did you say something important that I missed? I read what you wrote.

Sure the GBA can be a pain in the ass to see in certain situations but if you have a lamp you should be able to see it fine as long as you angle it so the glare doesn't kill you. I have it nice at work since the lighting here is excellent but at home I just use a lamp.

If that is your big complaint, then yippy..... Uber-Whiner
__________________

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Mockery Mockery is offline
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Old May 2nd, 2003, 01:25 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesman
Tell you what. If you go out and buy a GBA and GBA SP right now, then what you say will mean something, k?.
I would, but right now all my time is currently tied up with writing a complaint to the people at Lucky Charms for recently adding a wider variety of Marshmallows to their cereal then when I used to buy it. Greedy bastards just fucked up and now they want more of my money!

Boy oh boy, I'm gonna get those evil people!
Reply With Quote
  #85  
whoreable whoreable is offline
Mocker
whoreable's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2003
Old May 2nd, 2003, 01:36 PM       
Haha.

If the gba lighting is really a big deal to you get a light for it. But that obivously isnt the problem. You just hate nintendo pure and simple. Personally I hate them all equally, they are all trying to fuck the consumer. If you think sony or microsoft are any better than nintendo you are a fool.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
James James is offline
Mocker
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Old May 2nd, 2003, 01:39 PM       
It's obvious I'm not going to get either of you to understand. But I'll try one more time, and then we can move on.

The situation with the GBA/GBA SP bothers me because I feel I was mistreated as a loyal customer of Nintendo's. I bought the GBA around the time of it's release. And the fact that they're releasing a new system so soon that improves on a problem that should never have existed in the first place displeases me. If you want to consider that a hissyfit, then so be it. But it's my right as a consumer to decide what I like and don't like. It is my right to have a hissyfit. I paid $70 for a GBA, and I can't justify playing and addition $100 for what I feel is their mistake, and not mine.

As for lighting. My room has those bulbs that are supposed to last for like 20 years. That also means they're not as bright as normal ones. Maybe that attributes to the glare. Then again, maybe it's the fact that I own Super Mario Advance and Circle of the Moon (which is well-known to be hard as fuck to see). I'm sure other games have been made with this in mind. In fact, I know it has. But still, there are next to no games on the GBA I would want. And when it comes to spending $40, I'd rather buy something else than a GBA game that I may or may not be interested in.

On top of that, I don't have a job at the moment. I don't HAVE $100 to spend.

Tim. I said that I am sure there are game I'd like for GC. I'd very much be interested on Metroid, Zelda, and others. But there's not enough games for me to justify buying the system. That doesn't mean I don't like the titles before I even played them. That doesn't mean I have bad taste. It means I don't want to spend $200 on a system just for a number of games I can count on one hand.

End of story.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
whoreable whoreable is offline
Mocker
whoreable's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2003
Old May 2nd, 2003, 01:47 PM       
gamecube costs 150 and comes with games.

And honesty I dont even think nintendo knew how to light the screen like they did on th sp. The sp basically copies the afterburner kit which came out ealier. I think they would have used this method before had they knew how to use it. They could have done a lit version like the game gear...but those screens use a lot more power.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
soundtest soundtest is offline
TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2001
Old May 2nd, 2003, 01:51 PM       
The GBA's lighting does suck. It's not as bad with newer games, but as the SP becomes standard, I wouldn't be surprised if future titles aren't designed with the original GBA's inferiority in mind.

I'm a little bitter that they released the SP and aren't offering some sort of trade-in option, but the real reason I think the whole thing is so shady is their timing: Nintendo announced the GBA SP the first week of January or something. I'd be a lot more pissed if I was one of those people who bought/received the GBA for Christmas and then found out a week later that the model that should've been released in the first place would be out shortly, and Nintendo kept hush hush about it just to milk the holiday season.

But all in all I don't think Nintendo's business practices are fucking the consumer up the ass more than any other corporation.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
MrAdventure MrAdventure is offline
MY DAD
MrAdventure's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: HEAVEN
Old May 2nd, 2003, 01:54 PM       
I've only had two issues with my GBA:

1. The screen has absolutely no scratch resistance.

2. Speaker placement.

Fuck it, however, as I'm enough of a homebody to warrant picking up the GBA-GC Player when it hits.

As for the major console wars, I lost interest when SEGA gave up. Reminds me of that commercial comparing game libraries between the SNES and the Genesis, with the brick walls at the end. The war had class back then, now it's whack, yo.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Cap'n Crunch Cap'n Crunch is offline
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Oh no. :(
Old May 2nd, 2003, 06:52 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundtest
I'm a little bitter that they released the SP and aren't offering some sort of trade-in option,
They did release a trade-in option. It was at Gamestop when the SP first came out. You traded in your GBA and you paid 40 bucks. I think there was a free game they gave you. So, if you would have caught it earlier, you could have traded it in. I am waiting for the GBA to GC attachment, because I am not really an on the go person.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

   


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:43 PM.


© 2008 I-Mockery.com
Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.