Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jan 9th, 2009, 09:52 PM       
The last bit? Yeah, scared me. And I didn't see the "what was really happening with Issac" thing until they brought it out and then I was like, "YEAH!" Maybe it's 'cause I really didn't give two shits about the plot until then.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 9th, 2009, 10:24 PM       
When that lady first starts accusing Hammond of with holding information I thought the story was going to be generic as hell but it didn't turn out to bad.

I was saying the game had no replayability earlier but thinking about it now they're actually a few good reasons to play through it again; I didn't get to mess around much with all the different weapons cause I kept spending all my money on those damn Power Nodes, I kept hearing this "DA DA DA!!" sound effect indicating something spooky had happened while I was looking for boxes to stomp on (I wonder if those things were suppose to look like Xboxs) I'm still not sure if that was just background music or if I really missed something, and there was still hard mode to go through.

It's to bad I rented it and already took it back but I have yet to see a game worth paying sixty bucks for.
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Big McLargehuge is probably a spambot
Old Jan 10th, 2009, 02:49 PM       
splitting my time between Planescape:torment and Fallout 2
Banned
Microshock is probably a spambot
Old Jan 10th, 2009, 04:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Hadas View Post

It's to bad I rented it and already took it back but I have yet to see a game worth paying sixty bucks for.
LittleBigPlanet is good for 60 , so is Resistance 2.
I've been playing both lately and also Burnout Paradise, i can't wait for those legendary cars to come out
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jan 10th, 2009, 05:20 PM       
My buddy's got a huge hard-on for Planescape.

WE DID GOOD, SAM.
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Big McLargehuge is probably a spambot
Old Jan 10th, 2009, 05:32 PM       
i got it at a thrift store for 75 cents :0
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jan 10th, 2009, 06:02 PM       
LEFT 4 DEAD WITH FATHOM ZERO AND BURNOUT PARADISE! :o
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Jan 11th, 2009, 03:21 AM       
Right now, I'm juggling several things:

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (PSP)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney (DS)
Trauma Center: New Blood (Wii)
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (PS3)

I keep moving backand forth between these four, and I've probably run the battery down on both my portables from never actually shutting them off.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jan 11th, 2009, 12:16 PM       
I don't think Expert was ready for us, Sam.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Jan 11th, 2009, 09:53 PM       
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
Bully
Dead Space
Earth Defense Force 2017
Fallout 3
Left4Dead
The Rise of the Argonauts
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
Tony Hawk's Project 8
Tony Hawk's Proven Ground
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 11:15 AM       
I'm trying to get into Left 4 Dead multiplayer, and it looks like it would be a really fun game, but unfortunately I'm not very good, and letting my team down time and time again isn't a very appealing prospect.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 02:17 PM       
The original Fallout on gametap for free! Woo Hoo!
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 06:09 PM       
Anyone play Spelunky? It's a freeware PC game made by Derek Yu (dude who made I'm O.K. for Jack Thompson's challenge). He describes it as a mix between La Mulana and Nethack, and it's pretty good.

Basically, you're this Indiana Jones-y dude, and you need to collect gold and find an exit, but here, there are different elements to mix up the random dungeons. You can kill a merchant and steal his stuff, or you can try to take it and run. After, you become a wanted man, so all of the merchants want to kill you. Then there are different booby traps you need to disarm and stuff. Lots of stuff to do.

Persona 4 is finally winding down, too. I'm 60 hours in and near the end of the game. I think. Last game took 80 hours, so we'll see.

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 06:37 PM       
Finally tried left 4 dead and it's awesome. I've only played a few scenarios so far and have to get used to other weapons besides the shotgun. We've only played on the normal setting so far.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 08:15 PM       
I just got Sam and Max for the Wii so I guess I'll be playing that. I haven't played Wii since Super Smash Brothers came out.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 10:21 PM       
i just played and finished shadow of the colossus today not as great as everyone says imo

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 11:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
I just got Sam and Max for the Wii so I guess I'll be playing that. I haven't played Wii since Super Smash Brothers came out.
be prepared for major slowdowns and some continuity problems
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jan 15th, 2009, 01:49 AM       
Just bought Soldner X: Himmelsturmer of the Playstation Store and having a grand-ole time in this German shmup. It's nice to see that almost all games getting released nowadays have trophies.

OOH, I'm also playing Crash Commando! It's like Liero X with vehicles!
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Jan 15th, 2009, 04:45 AM       
Ah Söldner X...it´s hillarious, what kind of stupid german samples they used ^^ I also love the funny german accent the english voice-samples have. The game itself is fine up to stage...3 I think. After that it get´s really bad. They ignored almost all rules for shmups.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jan 15th, 2009, 07:50 AM       
Like I said, it's a western shmup and I wouldn't expect it to be like Ikaruga or something like that.
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Jan 15th, 2009, 09:30 AM       
Yeah but there are certain things that you just don´t do, when you create such a game. Like the movement of the enemies, the layout of the levels...things like that have to follow specific ways of design. Or should.
Banned
Microshock is probably a spambot
Old Jan 15th, 2009, 01:48 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
Just bought Soldner X: Himmelsturmer of the Playstation Store and having a grand-ole time in this German shmup. It's nice to see that almost all games getting released nowadays have trophies.

OOH, I'm also playing Crash Commando! It's like Liero X with vehicles!
Every game in 2009 has to have trophies. I just want to get Flower and Fat Princess before i start getting other titles on the PSN.

Linger in Shadows is...pretty weird, you should try it out, only 3 bucks and like 5 silver trophies for doing 6 minutes of gameplay
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 15th, 2009, 09:51 PM       
so trophys are like the ps3 achivements?

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Kilgore Cod is probably a spambot
Old Jan 15th, 2009, 10:06 PM       
I finally finished Castlevania: Order Of Ecclesia. Dracula is a cheating bastard

Next up: possibly Left 4 Dead, assuming I ever get around to hooking up the 360 to my tv again.
The Unicorn
Old Jan 16th, 2009, 12:01 AM       
I haven't even touched Sam and Max because I've been in a leaderboard battle with my buddy in Geometry Wars 2.