Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker

James sucks
Old Aug 31st, 2003, 09:48 PM        Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution
Best fighting game ever, and also the HARDEST.

I have VF4, but I found myself lacking in skill because I never touched the previous games in the series. So I was in the dark as to technique and skills. But it was still fun... most of the time.

Now, I got Evolution. It features a cleaner look, 2 new characters, new modes, and training to help newer players understand the game mechanics better. On top of which, there is also replays from the greatest players in the world, and a Virtua Fighter 10th Anniversary Special, which turns the game's look into that of the first game.

So I'm doing training with one of the new characters. And fucking hell, are these things bordering on the impossible at times. It wants me to do combos and execute attacks that you simply cannot do unless you're the computer. And it makes me MAD.

But it's still the best game out there. I just wish I could play it a little better. Seriously, some of these combos are literally impossible to do, unless you are the computer (which you're not).

Example: One combo tells you to do the following
Back+Kick+Punch, Punch, Punch, Crouch and hit Forward+Kick+Punch.

The problem being that the first move floats the opponent, and the next to attacks are punches that keep them somewhat in the air. The finall attack, to execute it, require the punching motions to be done, and by the time, the opponent has dropped. They tell you to do a "Buffer Crouch," which means to hit Down-Forward, Down-Forward to crouch-dash, and then hit Forward+Kick+Punch to to the final attack. But there is still no time to input that command, IF you can even get to to register (meaning, you don't miss a punch or sidestep by accident).

Someone do this for me.

Edit: I finally did it. But I had to "cheat." The computer demonstrates the combo as being in open ground, at beginning stance distance from the opponent. Trying to do the combo from that distance causes the second punch to miss, always. So it's fucked up. So I was getting closer, and trying to do it. But the last move, when I pulled it off, was always executed too late.

Finally, I managed to pull it off, using the wall to bounce the opponent off of to keep him "in the air" longer.

This game is hard, but fun.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 12:22 AM       
Uh the best fighting game ever is Capcom Vs Snk 2 EO

Asshole

In all seriousness, VF4 was really really fun. I would spend sleepless nights either kicking my friend's asses or just playing survival mode and winning stuff for my character.

I dunno if I should spend 20 bucks just for 2 new characters and more backrounds.
Space Viking Repo Man
Zbu Manowar is probably a spambot
Old Sep 6th, 2003, 03:36 PM       
I bought this blind and all I can say is....well, it's a watered-down version of Dead or Alive 2: Hardcore. Not a bad thing, necessarily...but it is.