Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Nov 5th, 2007, 07:41 PM       
Those aren't warm bodies going to polls, it's probably an intense collection of nuts and IT guys spending their free time doing that (see the article Modular posted).

When Iowa rolls around, this guy will fizzle, and hopefully these people will go away.
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 03:06 AM       
I wonder how many move-on-ers are supporting him in hopes of his becoming the next Ross Perot.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2007, 03:03 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinTheOmnivore View Post
John Mayer supports him.
AAAAAAAHH!!! Now I really can't support him. Cannot. Stand. John. Mayer.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Dec 12th, 2007, 05:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinTheOmnivore View Post
Those aren't warm bodies going to polls, it's probably an intense collection of nuts and IT guys spending their free time doing that (see the article Modular posted).
Hey, fuck off.

Quote:
When Iowa rolls around, this guy will fizzle, and hopefully these people will go away.
Well, ya, because the evil government of the NAU is going to suppress him.

And sorry for the thread necromancy. I've just seen another message board with talks about him getting hot and someone at work tried to pimp him to me, so I wanted to stoke the fires again.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Dec 12th, 2007, 09:04 PM       
I'm gonna respond to your other post. :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Blanco View Post
So, where are his supporters. Geggy has to be one. Preechr?

Max?....just kidding

He seems to be the biggest thing on YouTube and MySpace (ya, I have a MySpace page, blow me) and takes a sizable chunk of the politics section another message board I frequent (although, it seems to be the same handful of posters starting the threads).

He seems to be real big on fighting the super secret North American Union and telling people how he is all about the Constitution and pulling out our troops.

What he doesn't seem to be big on is separation of Church and State (huh?), protecting civil rights, and a sound foreign policy.

The bolded statement basically sums up all of Paul's support. It's a small but very loud group of people with Asperger's Syndrome making organized Paul-raids on college towns, message boards, and talk news radio shows.
Resident Lurker
DuFresne is probably a spambot
Old Dec 12th, 2007, 11:59 PM       
My campus is littered with sidewalk-chalk Ron Paul progaganda. Some of it even tells you to "google Ron Paul" which lead people to hope there was a joke or something, like the "did you mean French Military Defeats ? " joke a few years ago, but no.

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 18th, 2007, 10:55 PM       
Ya. To be honest the demographic of ron paul supporters is mostly annoying college aged students who probably smoke pot and hang out in the philosophy and new aged section in barnes and noble.
those types of people are always loud and annoying.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Dec 19th, 2007, 11:20 AM       
I don't think Preechr is in college.
=======

Old Dec 19th, 2007, 11:30 AM       
Lol and I don't think Preechr is planning to or would even consider a vote for Ron Paul for President. I like him, and I appreciate what he has done and hope he continues to do it in the future. President? Nope. No more than I would vote for Ozzy Osbourne, whom I also admire and appreciate for what he does.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Dec 19th, 2007, 12:38 PM       
Ron Paul is setting records fundraising...for someone with no support base.
And apparently, it's from small donors...most who have never donated to a political campaign before.
=======

Old Dec 19th, 2007, 12:42 PM       
...like George Soros.

The same could be said of Hillary's donors.

Level 29 ♂
Old Dec 19th, 2007, 03:31 PM       
The last time Paul set a record breaking fundraising day, it turned out that a good sum of the funds were actually accrued by a group of thieves who were testing their stolen credit card numbers.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 19th, 2007, 07:07 PM       
you know what it is is that he's a pop sensation presidential candidate so that draws a lot of cunt bags to him who wouldn't normally vote or even be involved in politics.
Mocker
Old Dec 20th, 2007, 10:00 PM       
Remember that guy the Democrats had 4 years ago that was the internet sensation, took in a lot of small donations from political newbies and had all the kids excited cuz he didn't take no shit from Da Man?

How did his campaign go?
Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Dec 21st, 2007, 10:18 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Blanco View Post
Remember that guy the Democrats had 4 years ago that was the internet sensation, took in a lot of small donations from political newbies and had all the kids excited cuz he didn't take no shit from Da Man?

How did his campaign go?
Howard Dean, I remember him. He was a good guy...
BANNED

Old Dec 22nd, 2007, 06:47 PM       
We're going to delaware! We're going to washington! THEN wE"RE GOING ALL THE WAY TO tHE BANK! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGLALRHRLHRLAHRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA RAAAAAAAAAAALRLRLAha
TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest is probably a spambot
Old Jan 1st, 2008, 05:30 PM       
Ron Paul is definitely the only Republican I'd vote... uh, if I was even American, lived in the US or was eligible to vote... however, a lot of his plans seem vague and his answer for everything is 'let the states decide'. While I agree with most of what he says, I find it unsettling that he rejects evolution and universal health care. I'd also expect a bridging of church and state under his leadership.

That said he does have a massive internet following and if anything, it proves how desperately people want change. He's also showing how blatantly the mainstream media are being in trying to determine the outcome of this election by ignoring his campaign or not inviting him to debates, yet inviting his competitors who are polling lower and pulling is less money.
Mocker
Old Jan 1st, 2008, 07:08 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundtest View Post
That said he does have a massive internet following and if anything, it proves how desperately people want change.
Ya, Snakes on a Plane had a big internet following. How did that translate into real world box office sales?

Quote:
He's also showing how blatantly the mainstream media are being in trying to determine the outcome of this election by ignoring his campaign or not inviting him to debates, yet inviting his competitors who are polling lower and pulling is less money.
If you are referring to the FOX debate, thats a myth.

Also, he gets little attention from the "mainstream media" because he is polling at around 4% in every major scientific survey. He's irrelevant everywhere but MySpace.
TERRIBLE BEAT
Old Jan 1st, 2008, 07:33 PM       
Quote:
Ya, Snakes on a Plane had a big internet following. How did that translate into real world box office sales?
I'm not sure. How much did Snakes on a Plane rake in at the box office? I don't care enough to look because I don't see your point. Ron Paul raked in 19.5 million this quarter, more than any of the other candidates I believe. Unlike "Snakes on a Plane", his followers seem to be following through, at least with donations. One can only expect they'll come through with votes too. Will this mean he's going to win anything? I highly doubt it.

Quote:
If you are referring to the FOX debate, thats a myth.
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/press-rel...luded-ron-paul

He has been excluded from the January 6th forum on FOX, and chairman of the New Hampshire Republican Party issued a press release calling on them not to limit debate participants.

Quote:
Also, he gets little attention from the "mainstream media" because he is polling at around 4% in every major scientific survey. He's irrelevant everywhere but MySpace.
He's polling higher than Thompson who was invited to the FOX debate/forum. I don't really understand what is the ultimate poll to source for this since there are so many, so I guess this point is debatable.

Anyway, I don't really give a shit personally. I think his fans are a bit nuts, but it's nice to see a grassroots movement like this. I wish it were backing Kucinich myself.
Banned

23_ is probably a spambot
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 01:24 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu View Post
I like Ron Paul but I feel like a retard now that he's been on Colbert so every cocksucking internet fanboy has already consigned their vote to him.
Wrong. Cocksucking internet fanboys will vote for Huckabee because Chuck Norris supports him.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 08:21 AM       
Nerds on the Internet can post as many Digg stories as they want but when the time comes to vote, some ridiculous creationist will win by a landslide. Americans are basically medically retarded when it comes to electing people. Yes all of you.
Level 29 ♂
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 01:11 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23_ View Post
Wrong. Cocksucking internet fanboys will vote for Huckabee because Chuck Norris supports him.
If you'll notice I posted that long before Norris came on the scene, jerk
Mocker
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 01:48 PM       
Quote:
I'm not sure. How much did Snakes on a Plane rake in at the box office?
Barely enough to buy a bus ticket.

Quote:
I don't care enough to look because I don't see your point.
That internet and fanboy hype doesn't translate into real world results.

Quote:
Ron Paul raked in 19.5 million this quarter, more than any of the other candidates I believe.
He also had the largest single day for donations in history. Want to know why? Because all his supporters didn't donate the rest of the year and saved it all up for the last push so he could grab a headline before the primaries. Look at his overall performance compared with the other candidates. Even with the big fourth quarter and the one big day, he hardly registers.

Quote:
Unlike "Snakes on a Plane", his followers seem to be following through, at least with donations.
For one freakin day.

Quote:
One can only expect they'll come through with votes too. Will this mean he's going to win anything? I highly doubt it.
No, you can't expect them to come through with votes. Howard Dean tried the same strategy and got destroyed. If anything, Paul is going to suffer from those disillusioned by Dean's embarrassment.

Quote:
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/press-rel...luded-ron-paul

He has been excluded from the January 6th forum on FOX, and chairman of the New Hampshire Republican Party issued a press release calling on them not to limit debate participants.

He's polling higher than Thompson who was invited to the FOX debate/forum. I don't really understand what is the ultimate poll to source for this since there are so many, so I guess this point is debatable.
There is no debate. They were in the process of inviting the candidates and were going to invite RP but there were too many scheduling conflicts. Paul himself was already committed to an event that day. The debate was called off before all the invites had been sent out.

Did you perhaps look that up on any site but a Ron Paul fansite? It would help to actually have some facts. This story was debunked almost immediately.

Quote:
Anyway, I don't really give a shit personally. I think his fans are a bit nuts, but it's nice to see a grassroots movement like this. I wish it were backing Kucinich myself.
The UFO guy? Honestly, outside of lots of pictures of his way too hot for him wife, I see no reason to vote for him.
TERRIBLE BEAT
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 02:30 PM       
Sorry, I can't play this line by line game of forum tennis. It's tedious.

The whole first part can be addressed by: "one day or not, he's still earned more money than the others" and "he's still polling higher than Thompson who is getting coverage". For your "no debate" I suggest you re-read that link I posted. Paul's campaign is still complaining that he's not invited - there is no scheduling conflict.

If you believe that your candidates are not being decided for you by your media, you are naive. As for your "look how well other fringe candidates like Paul did", here's a possible reason why:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyvVQYf6XWk

As for not seeing a reason to vote for Kucinich: ok? The rest of the world has given up on you all to make rational decisions long ago. Part of me hopes Giuliani or Huckabee gets in for more of the same so I can sit back and watch the trainwreck.

China/Russia 2008!
Mocker
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 05:45 PM       
Quote:
Sorry, I can't play this line by line game of forum tennis. It's tedious.
Oh well, your problem, not mine.
Quote:
The whole first part can be addressed by: "one day or not, he's still earned more money than the others" and "he's still polling higher than Thompson who is getting coverage".
On what poll? Would you mind, you know, proving your statements?

Quote:
For your "no debate" I suggest you re-read that link I posted. Paul's campaign is still complaining that he's not invited - there is no scheduling conflict.
There is also no debate, please read the link I posted once.

Quote:
If you believe that your candidates are not being decided for you by your media, you are naive. As for your "look how well other fringe candidates like Paul did", here's a possible reason why:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyvVQYf6XWk
Oh, please. Nader just didn't appeal to the vast majority of voters. There is no damn corporate conglomerate shutting out candidates. How the hell did Perot actually make it into debates?

Quote:
As for not seeing a reason to vote for Kucinich: ok?
That wouldn't be a good reason.

Quote:
The rest of the world has given up on you all to make rational decisions long ago.
Glad you can speak for over 5 billion people. I guess the rest of the world doesn't do rational thinking all that well either if you are their chosen representative.

You'll have to pardon me if I am going to address the concerns of myself and my family before I pick the candidate thats best for the countries trying to compete with us.

Quote:
Part of me hopes Giuliani or Huckabee gets in for more of the same so I can sit back and watch the trainwreck.
You know, if you had just come out and said you are a douchebag, you would have saved us both some time.

Quote:
China/Russia 2008!
Russia? The country with the dwindling population?

And China is still learning about the dangers of lead paint. not too concerned there.

Last edited by El Blanco : Jan 2nd, 2008 at 06:27 PM.