Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Oct 8th, 2008, 03:33 PM       
You know what they say about guys with a big BAC!
Last edited by Chojin : Jan 1st, 2000 at 12:01 AM.
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Oct 8th, 2008, 10:29 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanette X View Post
It really doesn't hurt any more than a bee sting, in my experience. But that may be because I have been blessed with good veins. I suppose you could always say "Fuck this, forget it!" and leave if they keep failing in their attempts to draw it.
I know. I just have this horrid phobia of blood being taken or shots being given. When I was little I had to be held down by my mom and two nurses to get my shots. When I was in middle school, I burst out crying in the waiting room because I had to get a finger prick for a blood sample.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 8th, 2008, 11:28 PM       
even if i wanted to give blood, every time i've needed to give some for tests they've had to jab me more than once.

every. fucking. time.
Insane Writer
Old Oct 9th, 2008, 01:39 PM       
Ouch. That must suck.

I'm guessing they had a hard time finding your veins?

Ohh, and funny blood-related story: My health teacher told us that oxygenated blood is red and unoxygenated blood is blue. That's why there are veins in our hands and arms that are blue. Apparently in one class he taught, this kid said "That's not true! I cut open one of those blue veins and the blood was red!" My health teacher apparently then told the kid that by cutting open the vein, he let oxygen into the blood.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Oct 9th, 2008, 01:52 PM       
Where's the funny blood-related story?
Insane Writer
Old Oct 9th, 2008, 04:21 PM       
Well, my class (and the teacher) thought that it was pretty funny that the kid deliberately cut open his hand to see blue blood and then failed to realize that the oxygen in the air would make it red.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Oct 10th, 2008, 01:01 AM       
Unoxygenated blood is blue, as one can tell by the blueness of one's veins. This makes sense because vein tissue is completely transparent. Complete sense, in fact.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Oct 10th, 2008, 02:46 AM       
Yeah, what he said. NOT FUNNY!
Insane Writer
Old Oct 10th, 2008, 04:27 PM       
I understand that blue blood is unoxygenated, hence the blue veins. This kid felt the need to cut a blue vein open and see for himself.... Oh never mind.