Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Feb 8th, 2010, 01:00 PM       
Thanks (if you meant that in a good way.)

I recorded and uploaded my song about conan o'brien, and specifically the final episode of the tonight show:

http://www.myspace.com/perroscantantes

It's at the bottom of the list, called "fire ant (since 92)".
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 8th, 2010, 01:04 PM       
Sehr gut.
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Feb 9th, 2010, 04:33 PM       
I've been recording a lot lately on this amazing Bell & Howelle cassette recorder that I found at the thrift store, in amazing condition and couldn't be any happier. Hats off to Aaarg for getting me back in John Fahey recently because all I could think about and play is Fahey inspired music. It's complicated converting the tape to my computer so give me a few days and I should have some up.
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Mar 2nd, 2010, 11:39 AM       
I thought it would be a good idea to put some songs on youtube, soooo I have. My channel is http://www.youtube.com/user/colacentral
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 03:41 PM       
Some stuff I recently did:

http://www.mediafire.com/?obmjyjeixom

http://www.mediafire.com/?yigmqhm3m3z

Last edited by MattJack : Mar 22nd, 2010 at 04:38 PM.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 03:54 PM       
Kitsunexus,

Gave your tunes a listen and I like Korg DS10 Jam Session. The little melody you have at the 0:25 second mark is dope. The whole session is pretty cool actually. You remind me a lot of Eero Johannes. I'm actually going through a bit of a chippy/bit phase right now myself.

You're stuff is really cool actually. It just has a video game vibe to it due to the way in which you produce.

Existence is a rad tune too. It feels like an underground level in a SNES game. Chiptown Warriors is dope. Mirage 2000 is good.

I like your chippy tunes a lot.

Cheers.
Turrican't. :(
Kitsunexus is probably a spambot
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 05:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJack View Post
Kitsunexus,

Gave your tunes a listen and I like Korg DS10 Jam Session. The little melody you have at the 0:25 second mark is dope. The whole session is pretty cool actually. You remind me a lot of Eero Johannes. I'm actually going through a bit of a chippy/bit phase right now myself.

You're stuff is really cool actually. It just has a video game vibe to it due to the way in which you produce.

Existence is a rad tune too. It feels like an underground level in a SNES game. Chiptown Warriors is dope. Mirage 2000 is good.

I like your chippy tunes a lot.

Cheers.

Cool, thanks for listening! I had to move away from the software that made those tracks (MAGIX and Acid) because my parents got some trojan on the computer that destroyed the master boot record and we had to get a new hard drive, and I was too cocky to make backups. I'm glad you liked the happy chippy tracks! The funny thing is that when I wrote them I was not really happy or chippy, it was kind of an outlet I guess. Thank you! :3

I'm downloading Anata_Final right now, I dunno what kind of music you make but I like pretty much everything.
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 05:12 PM       
btw thanks for telling me about Eero Johannes, this is AWESOME!
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 05:33 PM       
Sorry for the triple post but JESUS CHRIST MATTJACK ANATA IS INCREDIBLE! It's like Purple Motion and Clint Mansell got together with In Flames, fucking INCREDIBLE!

I tip my hat and the hats of those around me to you, sir.
filthiest soap dish
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 05:33 PM       
MattJack, post some music of you working your guitar.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 05:35 PM       
You gotta get that touchy "guitar", Matt. I would if I could.
Role Assigner
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 06:15 PM       
Kitsu: That's unfortunate about the trojan problem. Make copies of copies next time, ya know? I think you should get some more software and keep at the style you have. Thanks for checking out Anata. I appreciate it. The dub part of the JT RMX may be up your alley as well.

Babs: I haven't written anything on guitar in a long time. I pretty much hammer out riffs/chord progressions now and immediately translate them into some form of electronica. All I have is that track that's on the first post of this thread, and I recorded that about four years ago :X

FZ: That Misu controller makes me want to punch a baby it looks so awesome. Wish list for Santa: Kaos Pro, Misu, Mini Korg Kontroller, APC-40.

I'll post more music when I finish it boyz. We got to make this the best thread in the Music Forum.
filthiest soap dish
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 06:27 PM       
Do you use ableton, reason, etc? You should let me remix some of your songs.
Role Assigner
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 06:40 PM       
ableton and fl studio

What do you want me to send to you?
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 07:12 PM       
EVERTHANG

Lemme get mah controllahs first. I can't manage doing anything on the keybird.
filthiest soap dish
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 08:05 PM       
ableton format. I think they're .asd files.
Lethal fresco
Blasted Child is probably a spambot
Old Apr 26th, 2010, 04:15 PM       
I've been dabbling with music to and from for quite some time, but never more than on a pure hobby level - I don't have a classic good voice and I'm not an extremely skilled musician. I've had problems finding my own style, which has resulted in many weird arrangements. At times I've let other people sing my songs.

I think I've finally come up with something that has some kind of genuine style and feeling to it. It was quite a magical experience, because usually I spend weeks and weeks tweaking my songs (without actually improving them) but this one just popped out of my brain; I wrote the lyrics and recorded the whole thing the same day. It's not at all complicated, which may be why it was such a deliberating feeling.

I've tried a bit to emulate american folk tradition, so with a lot of yanks around I thought this could be a good place to show it.

I have to link to my myspace account, as I don't know how to link individual songs.
So it's the most recent addition to:
http://www.myspace.com/petterljungqvist
I wish it could always stay like that

I'm extremely good at handling harsh criticism, so fire away
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Apr 28th, 2010, 01:09 PM       
I've decided to just make stuff using my iPad. I think it'd be quite interesting, considering the sheer number of applications available for it.

I made this little ~20 loop for shits and giggles just now. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mmwuxmwe4vm
filthiest soap dish
Old May 22nd, 2010, 11:27 PM       
http://www.mediafire.com/?eduzzj2zinn

This is a very rough mix on something I came up with rather quick. Let me know what you think.
Role Assigner
Old Jun 10th, 2010, 01:40 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasted Child View Post
A bunch of stuff
You've got a really cool Irish folk style to your music and it is good. Break The Silence is good. Who is singing?

I Wish It Could Always Stay like that is such a good (Irish)folk(ish) song. It is arranged very well and it has a great ambiance to it. I can honestly see me and one of my exes listening to this and drinking. +5

The rest are all good too. It is a real shame that they have so few plays. I know a couple of people that would absolutely love your style. I'm one of them. You have such a lullaby feeling to your songs that it's easy to get hypnotized by them.

Keep it up! Write more. Share.
Role Assigner
Old Jun 10th, 2010, 01:47 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs View Post
http://www.mediafire.com/?eduzzj2zinn

This is a very rough mix on something I came up with rather quick. Let me know what you think.
I made peace with it being a rough mix, so with that said I think the arrangement could use a bit of work. All the pieces are good, but in my opinion you should take the time to explore them a bit before layering so quickly.

The first synth could go a bit longer and you could let the drums do some work. Build it up a bit for 30sec~1min. Then you bring in the next string synth with some new drum work on it. Finally, add your arp synth with it all. It is a simple build, but it was just for an example.

I feel like all the parts are good, but you're not giving the listener enough time to truly appreciate the layers.

Not trying to come off as a dick or anything, but just saying you got good part and now it's time to put some meat on the song.

Keep it up and keep posting maynggg
Role Assigner
Old Jun 14th, 2010, 09:35 PM       
Wrote this tune over the past couple of days. http://www.mediafire.com/?wjmjzd3ynzd
filthiest soap dish
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 07:10 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJack View Post
I made peace with it being a rough mix, so with that said I think the arrangement could use a bit of work. All the pieces are good, but in my opinion you should take the time to explore them a bit before layering so quickly.

The first synth could go a bit longer and you could let the drums do some work. Build it up a bit for 30sec~1min. Then you bring in the next string synth with some new drum work on it. Finally, add your arp synth with it all. It is a simple build, but it was just for an example.

I feel like all the parts are good, but you're not giving the listener enough time to truly appreciate the layers.

Not trying to come off as a dick or anything, but just saying you got good part and now it's time to put some meat on the song.

Keep it up and keep posting maynggg
Yeah, I quickly through together the arrangements along with their timeline placements. I appreciate the input though, I was wondering if anyone was going to hear the bullshit I made. I've been doing more to the "song" you've heard but more so with other stuff I've been recently making. I'll be sure to post the more up to date progress on this shit here as well as my other sounds.
Role Assigner
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 10:40 PM       
Yeah hook it up when you have another draft.
Role Assigner
Old Jun 16th, 2010, 12:06 AM       
Annnnndddd here's another

http://www.mediafire.com/?yjannwzyn5y