Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Aug 15th, 2011, 12:28 AM        LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS FOR I-MOCKERY'S HALLOWEEN SEASON WEEKLIES SECTION!
With our annual two-month Halloween season quickly approaching, we're once again looking for volunteers to contribute Halloween/horror themed reviews to our Weeklies section.

If there's a game, movie, comic or album you'd like to review that would fit, please read the following guidelines and then send your review to me in a PM with the required info and images. If it's all in order, it'll get used on the site sometime in the very near future.
1) Write a review that's at least 2-3 paragraphs in length (but feel free to write as much as you like as there is no length limit) for a video game, movie, comic book or album. Please try to pay attention to spelling & grammar as best you can since a lot of people read these obviously. Also, make sure it hasn't already been reviewed by checking out our Weeklies section here: http://www.i-mockery.com/weeklies

2) Please provide the required information about your review subject (ie: title, publisher, genre, year, etc - see the reviews at http://www.i-mockery.com/weeklies for a full list of everything you'll need to include based on what type of review you're submitting).

3) Please provide your rating of the game, movie, comic or album based on our pickle scale (0.5 pickles being the absolute worst, 5 pickles being the absolute best).

4) Please provide a link to at least one picture of the promotional / cover artwork for the game, movie, comic or album. A maximum of three images may be included with any review.
Once you have all of this stuff written up, just send it to me in a PM and I'll post it live on the site as soon as I have a chance if everything is in order.

Feel free to post any questions you have or discuss potential reviews here in this thread.

Thanks again to all of you who volunteer to help us out this Halloween season!

Last edited by Mockery : Aug 24th, 2011 at 07:57 PM.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Aug 15th, 2011, 01:10 AM       
Can I just send you a series of reviews in bulk, or does it have to be week by week? I have some water monster movie reviews written up somewhere
Pickled Patriarch
Old Aug 15th, 2011, 08:02 PM       
Send them in separate PMs for each review, but yeah, you can send as many at once as you like. Just make sure each one has the required info and images.

Also, it'd be good if you can mix 'em up so it's not just movie reviews only as I usually like to give everybody a chance to review something from each category (games, movies, music, comics).

Thankee!
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 16th, 2011, 01:08 AM       
hope you like poorly written reviews of dub
Pickled Patriarch
Old Aug 16th, 2011, 03:44 AM       
Thanks Aaarg, there's always a shortage of music and comic reviews, so it helps to get extra ones of those in advance since most people want to do movie and game reviews during the Halloween season.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Aug 18th, 2011, 10:20 AM       
I'll definitely send a review or two your way.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Aug 24th, 2011, 02:32 PM       
A little over a week until the season begins. Start sending those reviews in whenever you guys have the chance.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 24th, 2011, 09:00 PM       
I will review something. Somebody give me a nes, snes, or movie idea
Pickled Patriarch
Old Aug 30th, 2011, 05:40 PM       
Don't forget, our "Two Months of Halloween" is less than 48 hours away (starts this Thursday) so it'd be a big help if you guys can get your reviews sent in to me before then as I'd like to have a fresh batch of Halloween weeklies ready to go for the start of the season.

I have one music review from Aaarg ready to go, so we're still in need of a horror-themed video game, movie and comic book review.
Superior Electric Sheep
replicant is probably a spambot
Old Sep 26th, 2011, 12:37 AM       
I will try to work on something for you! Gotta decide on the subject matter.
What Brain was pondering
KennyTheInsane is probably a spambot
Old Sep 27th, 2011, 07:47 PM       
Ah, hell. And I just got a music review all ready. I'll send it anyway ('cause it's supposed to be weekly, right?) and get to work on a movie review or something.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Sep 28th, 2011, 02:58 AM       
No need to work on a Movie review Kenny since you just sent in a music one. Thanks man. I currently have a Game review (from Replicant) and a Music review (from Kenny).

Still need two different people to submit a Movie and a Comic review and we'll be all set for another batch of weeklies.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 28th, 2011, 06:22 AM       
I have a movie I am going to watch soon that begs for a review.

What would you say to a movie review about a killer old tire that roams the countryside causing death and destruction?
Pickled Patriarch
Old Sep 28th, 2011, 05:32 PM       
I'd say I saw that movie before it was released and almost made a game for the company that put it out. That said, while the premise of said movie was funny, it dragged on forever without ever upping the ante on the kills. Each kill was exactly the same and it got boring really fast.

Still, by all means, feel free to review it. I support the film simply because it's made by Mr. Oizo (the guy that did those awesome Flat Eric music videos). I have all his albums.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Sep 28th, 2011, 05:49 PM       
I'm trying to pen something up but don't have a lot of spare time right now.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Sep 28th, 2011, 08:29 PM       
Spare Tire > Spare Time.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 28th, 2011, 09:20 PM       
I will give you some virtual pickles in my mind for that Mr. Mockery

I should have that movie watched and reviewed sometime this weekend.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Sep 28th, 2011, 09:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery View Post
I'd say I saw that movie before it was released and almost made a game for the company that put it out. That said, while the premise of said movie was funny, it dragged on forever without ever upping the ante on the kills. Each kill was exactly the same and it got boring really fast.
Would you say it fell flat?
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 3rd, 2011, 03:27 PM       
I submitted the one we discussed. I also sent you the new thing for that other thing. :crypticnonsense

edit: :didyagetthatthingisentya

Last edited by Kitsa : Oct 3rd, 2011 at 05:55 PM.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Oct 10th, 2011, 03:39 PM       
Anybody want to write a Comic review so we can get this next batch of Halloween weeklies published live?
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 10th, 2011, 03:39 PM       
I watched a movie of Kevin Smith interviewing Stan Lee but I don't think that counts.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Oct 17th, 2011, 05:12 PM       
Thanks to those of you who contributed some new reviews for the Weeklies section. The latest batch of reviews are now up on the site!