Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Article Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I ARE ROBOT
MockBot has disabled reputation
Old Sep 13th, 2013, 05:07 AM        The Camp Crystal Lake Young Adult Horror Novels - Friday The 13th: The Carnival. By Eric Morse
Automatically generated comment thread for The Camp Crystal Lake Young Adult Horror Novels - Friday The 13th: The Carnival. By Eric Morse.
an organism
Cybernetic is probably a spambot
Old Sep 13th, 2013, 12:34 PM       
Please, PLEASE tell me that the oak tree wears the mask and starts murdering young trees in the followup novel.

Great article, never even knew about these.
Forum Virgin
Blackdrazon is probably a spambot
Old Sep 13th, 2013, 02:13 PM       
I'm pretty sure that's the same guy on covers 2-4. What'd he do to Jason to get him chased across the YA shelf in the library?
The Claw of Justice
Captain Seamus is probably a spambot
Old Sep 13th, 2013, 02:48 PM       
Funny thing about The Mask: in the comic the movie was based off of, putting on the Mask actually did make you a psycho killer.

I love this kind of misguided marketing where they took ridiculously violent franchises and tried to shill them to younger audiences; I picture a bunch of executives sitting around and trying to think of ways to tap into this new 'reading' all 'the kids' are into.
You'll thank me later...
Wyldflame is probably a spambot
Old Sep 13th, 2013, 04:12 PM       
Captain Seamus: To be fair, Jim Carey DID star in The Number 23 where he was a killer. Maybe The Mask was a delayed reaction?

Also Rog, You're going to have to do through the rest of these this season. Oh and maybe something Hellraiserie? There's a whole mess of Direct to video ones that most people don't know about (or refuse to admit exist.). A best and worst of Pinhead might be pretty sweet. I figured after all these years of barely even commenting I should contribute just a little. We look forward to this all year after all.

Long live I-Mockery Halloween.
The Medium-Height Man
Wyckid is probably a spambot
Old Sep 13th, 2013, 04:24 PM       
Yes, and the Mask from the comic just removed all rationale and inhibitions. Because, come on, who HASN'T wanted to go on a killing spree?
You'll thank me later...
Wyldflame is probably a spambot
Old Sep 13th, 2013, 04:33 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyckid View Post
Yes, and the Mask from the comic just removed all rationale and inhibitions. Because, come on, who HASN'T wanted to go on a killing spree?

Okay I'm with you on the killing spree but, that's all the Mask from the comic did? So in what way is it better than a bottle or two of Jack?
I called the pizza dude!
Ricky Butler is probably a spambot
Old Sep 13th, 2013, 05:07 PM       
"Her eyes were locked on the man's naked body. Despite the gagging odor, she felt faint with desire."

I will long be haunted with laughter because of this line.
A-bomb is probably a spambot
Old Sep 13th, 2013, 07:26 PM       
I never heard of these books before, but just reading your description takes me back to the days of reading kid-targeted horror stuff like this. Great book report Rog.
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Sep 13th, 2013, 08:22 PM       
Heh, add me to list of never knowing these books existed. The covers look just like Fear Street. I think snake tattoo Jason really needs an oversized belt buckle to complete the look.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Sep 13th, 2013, 09:07 PM       
Cybernetic - Ha! If anything is going to murder people in the next novel, it clearly needs to be the electric fence. It didn't even need to wear Jason's mask!

Blackdrazon - He does look similar, though the bigger question is why is he wearing his protective football gear out in the middle of a forest? Now I wanna see a football player clumsily break his neck while attempting to tackle Jason Voorhees sooooo badly.

Captain Seamus - Indeed! That's why I only mentioned the movie haha.

Wyldflame - Thanks! I have all sorts of fun planned between now and Halloween, so we'll see what other articles I can pull off between now and then. I'm splitting my time between Halloween and working on my new BCPG video game, so things are super crazy at the moment. Glad you're enjoying it all so far!

Ricky Butler - Believe me, I must've read that line five times just to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me. It seriously killed me. Nothing turns the ladies on like odor powerful enough to make you gag.

A-bomb - Good, cuz I was hoping it would bring people back to those cheesy teen novels we all grew up with (or are still growing up with). Thanks for reading!

dextire - I'm tempted to make him into a t-shirt. I don't know why I like that stupid drawing so much.
I shot Wilhelm.
ChaiTea is probably a spambot
Old Sep 13th, 2013, 11:46 PM       
That is the world's best book cover. But the story made me feel like I was watching Confuse-a-Cat.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 14th, 2013, 04:29 PM       
i was thinking about the tattos thing does it means that if i put on jasons mask with hot ladies tattoed on my body i will die by hot lady murder?
Forum Virgin
Stinger66 is probably a spambot
Old Sep 16th, 2013, 11:24 PM       
We need a NIghtmare on Elm Street YA novel boooooooooook report now. Hmmmmmm, maybe I'll have to go find one.
Forum Virgin
Stinger66 is probably a spambot
Old Sep 16th, 2013, 11:29 PM       
Hmmmmmm, looks like they came out with a bunch of NOES and FT13 YA novels in 2005. Why the hell 2005?

Anyways, you can get them all on amazon.
The Medium-Height Man
Wyckid is probably a spambot
Old Dec 19th, 2013, 04:00 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldflame View Post
Okay I'm with you on the killing spree but, that's all the Mask from the comic did? So in what way is it better than a bottle or two of Jack?
OK, it did give the wearer supernatural durability (invincibility) and unlimited access to "hammer space." It made you a living cartoon (same as the movie), but usually with very grim and violent consequences. So, there's that too. Sorry, I'm not on the site often enough for hasty replies.