Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Sep 24th, 2009, 06:16 PM       

Hahhahahaha here we go. I don't like taking drugs from the medical association. The only reason I'm on Enbrel is because I couldn't take the pain anymore and was waiting to die. I never do flu shots, and I don't trust antibiotics. Too each his own I guess, but I piss of Dr's and people trying to help me.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 24th, 2009, 06:17 PM       
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Sep 24th, 2009, 06:18 PM       
Quote:
Sanjay Gupta got swine flu
lol
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 24th, 2009, 06:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Lover View Post
brak
oh burn
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Sep 24th, 2009, 06:21 PM       
I've been diagnosed with H1N1 today. Fun. Of course, half my school has, too.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Sep 24th, 2009, 06:25 PM       
You pussies, catch a real disease.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 24th, 2009, 06:25 PM       

Oh Tadao. <3
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Sep 24th, 2009, 06:26 PM       
I thought that would ease your OCD. :D
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 24th, 2009, 07:15 PM       
the danger with pandemics isn't just that "everybody will get it" which is just like a regular flu but that everybody will get it and it will mutate and change through all the different conditions and eventually a super virus will emerge and kill everybody.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 24th, 2009, 07:42 PM       
but as of right now, the southern hemisphere is wrapping up their flu season and so far the strain (which isn't just swine flu but a combination of swine and avian flu) has not mutated.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Sep 24th, 2009, 07:45 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
the danger with pandemics isn't just that "everybody will get it" which is just like a regular flu but that everybody will get it and it will mutate and change through all the different conditions and eventually a super virus will emerge and kill everybody.
If this is true, wouldn't it be plausible that the common cold should have wiped us out decades ago?
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 24th, 2009, 08:01 PM       
Yep, except that common colds supposedly don't have either the susceptibility to mutation and the i dunno structure or something to mutate to such dangerous degrees or something. oh yea and also cause our immune systems deal with the common cold all the time but the avian/swine flu is new.

There's something about going from being an animal flu to being a human flu that makes it particularly dangerous i think, but I'm not positive. But yea we have been fucked with by flus like this there was a similar one caused by an avian bird flu at the beginning of the 20th century.
Token Bleeding Heart
Old Sep 24th, 2009, 08:06 PM       
Dude, nothing mutates like the common cold; that's why they're so common.
I think the main reason animal diseases are so much more dangerous is because it's completely alien to our bodies; there aren't any antibodies whatsoever to combat them.
BANNED

Old Sep 24th, 2009, 08:11 PM       
yea but they only usually change enough for us to get sick again. It's not like a gigantic change. Plus part of the mutation they talk about with bird flus and stuff is it mutating to be able to go from person to person easier and to afflict humans more specifically, whereas common colds have already done that.
BANNED

Old Sep 24th, 2009, 08:16 PM       
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1918_flu_pandemic
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1918_fl...ly_second_wave

Quote:
The second wave of the 1918 pandemic was much deadlier than the first. During the first wave, which began in early March, the epidemic resembled typical flu epidemics. Those at the most risk were the sick and elderly, and younger, healthier people recovered easily. But in August, when the second wave began in France, Sierra Leone and the United States,[40] the virus had mutated to a much more deadly form. This has been attributed to the circumstances of the First World War.[41] In civilian life evolutionary pressures favour a mild strain: those who get really sick stay home, but those mildly ill continue with their lives, go to work and go shopping, preferentially spreading the mild strain. In the trenches the evolutionary pressures were reversed: soldiers with a mild strain remained where they were, while the severely ill were sent on crowded trains to crowded field hospitals, spreading the deadlier virus. So the second wave began and flu quickly spread around the world again.[42] It was the same flu, in that most of those who recovered from first-wave infections were immune, but it was now far more deadly and the most vulnerable people were those who were like the soldiers in the trenches - young, otherwise healthy, adults.[43] Consequently, during modern pandemics, health officials pay attention when the virus reaches places with social upheaval, looking for deadlier strains of the virus.[42]
Näyttelijäbotti!
Old Sep 24th, 2009, 11:13 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
I had fun with it. I was not disappointing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
You're still a disappointment to me, son.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 24th, 2009, 11:16 PM       
Not everyone can be not disappointing to someone.

Näyttelijäbotti!
Old Sep 24th, 2009, 11:44 PM       
Quote:
[15:26] k atiq22: hey
[15:26] Pubbles: hullo
[15:26] k atiq22: jarv is a gay name
[15:27] Pubbles: So is your face, but I don't slap your momma for it.
[15:27] k atiq22: shut up you british fag
[15:28] Pubbles: Witty and pithy. You sure one-upped me, mysterious internet turd
[15:31] k atiq22: check out this website www.[edited out].com
I can't say I like the way spambots are going.

Whatever happened to them pretending to like me?
Näyttelijäbotti!
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 02:28 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misdemonar View Post
HAHA THIS THREAD IS FOR NERDS WHINING ABOUT TOYS WHEN THEY ARE WELL PASS THE AGE FOR PLAYING WITH TOYS HAHA
...on the internet. ...with your cartoon avatar. ALL IN CAPS!
IWORKFORTHEMAN:MAN
Misdemonar is probably a spambot
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 02:57 AM       
THANKS FOR POINTING THAT OUT PUBLOVER I WILL TAKE THAT INTO CONSIDERATE THOUGHT

p.s. how is your love life
Näyttelijäbotti!
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 03:09 AM       
As good as it ever was & better than it should be.
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 04:12 AM       
my heart just got a little sad
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 04:23 AM       
My heart's been sad for a while now. I've got a girl-shaped hole in it.
Thrills and Oblongs
Shrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 07:03 AM       
My heart has holes in. It's where the blood goes.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 08:10 AM       
my heart is tough and rubbery. But it also has a lot of dents